AFC East Who's draft is going to help the most? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Who's draft is going to help the most?

Rhinocoach

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am a Bills fan who refuses to troll.

We think we had an awesome draft.
What do Dolphin fans think of the "new" AFCE after the draft.

It is really easy to get caught up in your own press and it is more often than not a good idea to see what the competition thinks of your improvements (if any).
I expect alot of baseless blasting but I welcome all insight into how the AFCE will play out.

It is really easy to get caught up in your own press and it is more often than not a good idea to see what the competition thinks of your improvements (if any).
I expect alot of baseless blasting but I welcome all insight into how the AFCE will play out.

I agree. Buffalo had the best draft in the AFCE. Followed by Miami. I like the pouncey pick....I hope he's not as good as his brother lol! I also like the Gates pick. That dude is just fast, should pair up nicely with Marshall. And from what I keep hearing, Daniel Thomas is a workhorse. I wonder who they pair him up with? Brown? Williams? or FA?

The Patriots draft doesn't scare me at all. They didn't get any right now impact players. Except for their CB in round 2 maybe. I just hope Mallet sucks for them. We don't need him being the heir apparent to Brady. Ugh...he'd be another Bledsoe.

The jets did good. I thought they were smart in drafting depth for the dline. That entire defense starts up front with the big guys, and Rex Ryan knows it. But they didn't get Dareus...lol!

I agree. Buffalo had the best draft in the AFCE. Followed by Miami. I like the pouncey pick....I hope he's not as good as his brother lol! I also like the Gates pick. That dude is just fast, should pair up nicely with Marshall. And from what I keep hearing, Daniel Thomas is a workhorse. I wonder who they pair him up with? Brown? Williams? or FA?

The Patriots draft doesn't scare me at all. They didn't get any right now impact players. Except for their CB in round 2 maybe. I just hope Mallet sucks for them. We don't need him being the heir apparent to Brady. Ugh...he'd be another Bledsoe.

The jets did good. I thought they were smart in drafting depth for the dline. That entire defense starts up front with the big guys, and Rex Ryan knows it. But they didn't get Dareus...lol!

A team coming off a 14-2 season who are early SB favorites for the next season can of course afford to solidify their future. The Pats easily had the best draft in the division. They horded a bunch of picks as always, got great prospects and covered their bases in terms of future holdouts, got a great young QB who can either replace Brady in the future or they can flip for a better pick, and they still have one of the best teams in the league. The Jets drafted a bunch of question marks guys but that's been the Jets mojo the last couple of years. And it's working for them so who can blame them.

Phins had the worst draft in the AFCE. Henne Homers and KoolAid drinkers might convince you otherwise but the Phins picks do nothing except insure even more mediocrity(at best).

I don't think anyone in the AFC East had a very good draft. Unless you give Patriots a lot of credit for getting future picks, they had the worst draft. If Miami didn't need a QB, I'd like their draft a good deal, but we still need a QB.

i've been watching a lot of mike pouncey the last few days...am i the only one who thinks while a great move athlete he's not the strongest sit down and anchor guy or straight ahead drive blocker???

i see some issues with massive strength over his face in the pros...i just can't get down with this pick at #15

and the more i watch daniel thomas the more i think that he doesn't run behind his pads enough...he's 230 lbs he should be delivering blows to people...he seems to take a lot of blows to me...not always a fall forward guy either...

drop your pad level son

and the more i watch daniel thomas the more i think that he doesn't run behind his pads enough...he's 230 lbs he should be delivering blows to people...he seems to take a lot of blows to me...not always a fall forward guy either...

drop your pad level son

Exactly. Slow, doesn't break tackles, doesn't get many yards after contact.

One saving grace is that this guy was a High School and JUCO quarterback, and he comes to K-State and they make him a true tailback for the first time. He dominated. Weak conference as far as run defense goes but he still dominated, without being very technically sound. So maybe it's not so much about what the guy already was but rather about what he could become in the NFL the more he gets used to his position.

That would be my one hope with Daniel Thomas. If I didn't have that hope, I just wouldn't be on board period. I could see him down the road being like an Arian Foster. But would Miami have a running scheme that could produce an Arian Foster, that zone cutback stuff? That's the question.

Well we drafted to right positions to fill our needs (excpet QB) but the question is did we draft the right players to fill those positions.
Not quite sure opinions vary according to the draft experts to talk to. The big difference this draft that I have seen no one bring up is that we did not use any insurance picks on those positions. In the past drafts we always picked in 2's so if the first draft pick did not work out we had a backup plan. Not this draft so Ireland has to make sure all his picks are aces.
I felt the biggest problem with our draft was our inability to move down in round one to grab that 2nd rounder and or other picks.
Right now most fans are unhappy for passing on Mallett so you will see opinions fairly positive or negative but not much in between.

the thing that peeved me off the most was the jags traded barely anything to move up for gabbert.

obviously dareus was a good pick, i think if you make him a NT though you're kind of wasting some of that talent. i also liked the CB you picked. miami got a lot of B grade players, and that's not a horrible thing. we really revamped the offense.

for everything the pats had, they didn't make one pick that really scares me. mallett could be burn in the future but lets just worry about brady for now. the jets draft seemed weak to me. i liked the RB they got though

the thing that peeved me off the most was the jags traded barely anything to move up for gabbert.

obviously dareus was a good pick, i think if you make him a NT though you're kind of wasting some of that talent. i also liked the CB you picked. miami got a lot of B grade players, and that's not a horrible thing. we really revamped the offense.

for everything the pats had, they didn't make one pick that really scares me. mallett could be burn in the future but lets just worry about brady for now. the jets draft seemed weak to me. i liked the RB they got though

See, thats the thing with Dareus. I dont believe there is a such thing as wasting this kids talent, unless of course you have him trying to play CB, lol! But one of the reasons he was rated so highly is his versatility. He can play all over the line. I did read Buffalo was going to start him out at DE in our 3-4 looks, but when we go to the 4-3 which is quite often he will slide inside next to Kyle Williams, man is that going to be a sick combo for the next 10 years. Dareus is pure power. He's rare. Can't wait to see him on the field.

And I agree, Miami added some talent at, Center, WR and RB. Gettin some young blood in the offense was a great idea because your defense is pretty damn good as is. Here's hoping Dareus owns Pouncey from day 1! haha

A team coming off a 14-2 season who are early SB favorites for the next season can of course afford to solidify their future. The Pats easily had the best draft in the division. They horded a bunch of picks as always, got great prospects and covered their bases in terms of future holdouts, got a great young QB who can either replace Brady in the future or they can flip for a better pick, and they still have one of the best teams in the league. The Jets drafted a bunch of question marks guys but that's been the Jets mojo the last couple of years. And it's working for them so who can blame them.

Phins had the worst draft in the AFCE. Henne Homers and KoolAid drinkers might convince you otherwise but the Phins picks do nothing except insure even more mediocrity(at best).

Is this for real?? Pretty much everyone in the NFL is scratching their heads with the Pats draft saying it was aweful. To much credit is giving to BellyCheck. The dude can coach but is mostly a dud in drafting. I don't fear the Pats collecting picks anymore. 1) they never use them and 2) when they do they don't draft well. As for saying the Fins had the worst draft...UGH that is redic! We filled major holes. Boo Hoo they didn't draft that loser Mallett to apease the likes of you. Next years class is 100 times better than this year with 3 to 4 true rookie starters. If Henne doesn't pan out, we have our FRANCHISE QB in 2012. Thank God we passed (or weren't able to get because other teams set their organizations back by taking) the crap you are all calling QBs(Mallett, Ponder, Locker)

Buffalo probably had the best draft. They went defense and it will pay off in a few years. Dareus/Troup/Williams will be a tough line to run on. Pouncey better be up for the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom