AFC Notes: Offseason Winners & Losers (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC Notes: Offseason Winners & Losers (merged)

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
AFC Notes: Offseason Winners & Losers

AFC Notes: Offseason Winners & Losers by Rick Kamla

(Disclaimer: Defensive upgrades or downgrades were not considered in determining the offseason winners and losers. I repeat: This article has nothing to do with DEFENSE.)

Offseason Winners
10. Miami Dolphins: The Dolphins were quasi-winners during the offseason. Certainly, the free agent trade of Ray Lucas for Brian Griese improved and insured the offense. That said, they did nothing to upgrade an average offensive line, Chris Chambers continues to battle injuries, and they still lack a No. 2 receiver.

Offseason Losers
5. New England Patriots
2. New York Jets
1. Buffalo Bills The Bills ostensibly traded Peerless Price for Willis McGahee. That ranks as the worst move of the offseason :lol:

Great stuff.

The article actually had a lot more to say negatively about the Bills:

"Trading a young Pro-Bowl receiver for a running back who may never play pro ball could go down as one of the worst trades ever. The Bills also royally screwed up at kicker, going out of their way to sign the inconsistent Rian Lindell when they already had the steady Mike Hollis. Worse yet, the Bills are paying Lindell over a mill a year for the next four years. Amanda Bynes could do a better job running this team."

:)

Originally posted by justafan
Yeah, that was from yahoo.com written by a yahoo.
he's actually from fanball.com, but you think McGahee for Price is a good trade for the Bills ?

Had it said Buffalo made the best moves, YAHOO would be the top of the line sportsread.

Dude, that article SUCKED! BIG TIME!

First of all, they had us having the 10th best offseason in the AFC? That isn't good. They don't even mention Seau or Knight, and in most of them all they talk about is the draft. I like how they ripped on other teams, but that article was pretty bad. They had the Colts as a winner although they lost Peterson? The article has the Steelers above us just because they lost Kordell Stewart. The Steelers also lost a pretty good tackle in Wayne Gandy. Their offseason wasn't good. They have the Jaguars as winners for drafting Leftwich? Excuse me, but signing Hugh Douglas was pretty good, that is why they are winners. They also have the Bills as bigger losers than the Jets? The Bills signed a very good LB in Takeo Spikes, but of course that gets no mention. I could rip that article for days because it is so stupid.

Nobody knows whether it's a good or bad pick yet until he hits the field. It could very well be the worse pick or the best . Nobody has come up with a name that would've been a great pick for the bills at 23. Everyone thought Kelsay and we got him in the 2nd rd.

I know it's just an opinion. He's opinion though says it's a definite bust. Price for McGahee was not a trade. Price was gone no matter what because he was asking a no. 1 salary.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

First of all, they had us having the 10th best offseason in the AFC? That isn't good. They don't even mention Seau or Knight, and in most of them all they talk about is the draft. I like how they ripped on other teams, but that article was pretty bad. They had the Colts as a winner although they lost Peterson? The article has the Steelers above us just because they lost Kordell Stewart. The Steelers also lost a pretty good tackle in Wayne Gandy. Their offseason wasn't good. They have the Jaguars as winners for drafting Leftwich? Excuse me, but signing Hugh Douglas was pretty good, that is why they are winners. They also have the Bills as bigger losers than the Jets? The Bills signed a very good LB in Takeo Spikes, but of course that gets no mention. I could rip that article for days because it is so stupid.

His disclaimer said it had nothing to do with the D, ice. Just O.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

you missed this part "(Disclaimer: Defensive upgrades or downgrades were not considered in determining the offseason winners and losers. I repeat: This article has nothing to do with DEFENSE.)"

I LOVE what they said about the Buffalo buttheads, that was great but true stuff! Seeing the Fins enemies getting bashed for what it really is was energizing to say the least. Props 39 for the article.:cool:

DUH, as far as offense goes, we didn't do anything. Had they said omit offense, and only include defense, we would be in the top two.

Originally posted by marcusreal
I LOVE what they said about the Buffalo buttheads, that was great but true stuff! Seeing the Fins enemies getting bashed for what it really is was energizing to say the least. Props 39 for the article.:cool:

Of course you'd love to read an article bashing the bills after we swept you last year. The article was pure opinion, the sweep is fact!

winners:JETS getting DEEEWAYNE TRAIN
losers:miami wasting money on old man sr seau, and tilt the bottle griese(looks like he'll help tear down his fathers legacy), on the plus side bars in miami will do a hundred times more business
winners:JETS FOR JUST BEING THE JETS AND REPEATING AS AFC EAST CHAMPS

You always must chime in with something huh. Dude, we all love it when they talk bad about any of our rivals. Geez, soon your posts are going to look like

"sweep sweep sweep , sweep sweep sweep sweep , sweep sweep !!"

Can't you add anything worth while?

Well while we are bringing facts from the past, how about us sweeping you guys the previous two years in a row. I keep saying there's no more of Mucas. So the more dhit you guys talk the worst it's going to be in here after Sept. 21..

Back
Top Bottom