AFC Notes: Ricky's Run Has Begun | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC Notes: Ricky's Run Has Begun

Anything less than 1400 yards rushing, 300 yards receiving, and 12 TDs would be a disappointment...

Wow.

I mean, wow.

Really...wow. If that happens...

Damn is it a good thing to be letting other teams and people know we are going to feed R.Williams the rock --ALOT?

If a sports columnist can figure it out then I think the coaches and scouts for ANY NFL team can figure it out. What can they do about it is the question. Nothing is the answer.

Originally posted by WCoastFin
Damn is it a good thing to be letting other teams and people know we are going to feed R.Williams the rock --ALOT?
Bro, that's not a secret. Why do you think he was brought to Miami?...TO CARRY THE ROCK A LOT! He is now, officially, the man in 'Fin-town. :)

Yeah well actually it opens things up for us if other coaches and players think we're going to feed Ricky the ball every chance we get. Puts them in a much more predictable situation from our standpoint. Helps us sell the play-action fake to Chris Chambers down the sideline for an easy 50 yard TD. Coaches are going to make up their mind about whether they think they can stop Ricky without keying on him, completely regardless of stories about how Ricky's gonna see 400 touches this year. If they don't stack the line on us we'll run the ball on them and beat them. If they stack the line on us, we'll STILL run the ball, and then we'll make them pay even more on play-action fakes.

Think, Indianapolis, except with Jay Fiedler instead of Peyton Manning, and Oronde Gadsden instead of the menagerie of scrubs they've had opposite Marvin Harrison (Chris Chambers).

1400 yards

you belive that he is going to get that type of yardage with the style of runner that he is... the O line has to be at it's best for him to get close that yardage. Ricky Williams is a power back straight up the middle...

it's going to be tough when opposing teams are going to stack up the line with 8 men up front to stop the run...

look what Lamar Smith did last year...

going to be interesting to see...

see yo on the 22nd of Sept

Anything under 1400 yards is a disappointment?

That's a pretty lofty standard to hold the guy to as far as "expectations". It wouldn't surprise me for him to do that well, but I don't think anyone is going to be "disappointed" if gains around 1,250 - 1300 and 200 - 300 through the air.

Re: 1400 yards

Originally posted by nyrican
it's going to be tough when opposing teams are going to stack up the line with 8 men up front to stop the run...

That's not going to be a particularly good tactic with Chambers and OG on the outside, and an offense that will be less hesitant to pass to the FB and TE in the flat.

True, Ricky has the talent to really improve your running game,
but the only draw backs are:

1. He fumbles
2. He often gets injured
3. There are times his head is not in the game..

I only wonder why New Orleans gave up on him ??????

See you on the 22nd of Sept.....

Re: Re: 1400 yards

Originally posted by Agua

That's not going to be a particularly good tactic with Chambers and OG on the outside, and an offense that will be less hesitant to pass to the FB and TE in the flat.

that is just it the fins did employ that type of offense last year they tried it with the Fullback Johnson in one game they threw him the ball 7 times and he dropped six of them, so there went that option... out the window..

we shall see....

nyrican - guess you missed all the write up about RW having social anxiety disorder and how he now has it under control. Means his head is now in the game, but now that he will not fumble :(

Ricky Williams isn't a straight up the middle back. He's got pretty much everything in his arsenal. What he doesn't do well, is manage to break a big one for 30+ yards by getting into the secondary and putting it into high gear.

But that doesn't mean that he's not a cutback runner or even a toss sweep runner. He can perform those runs as capably as any RB, he just doesn't (didn't...at 250 lbs) break them off for huge gainers like some smaller less powerful backs do. He's probably about as good as Curtis Martin and capable of producing just as many yards.

I don't think it's a state secret... :)

Originally posted by WCoastFin

I have to disagree with that one.. Cmart is a different type of runner the Ricky...

Cmart is more of a slasher... Ricky has more power..

but I have to agree on something both of them are workhorses.

no disrespect towards Ricky.. he is a good back.. and should do

well this year..

but Cmart is Cmart.... the only back to gain more that 1000 yds ''

for seven years in a row....

see you on the 22nd of Sept...

Back
Top Bottom