AFC Player of the week ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC Player of the week ?

Phinnish

Practice Squad
Reaction score
After yesterdays tremendous O performance, does anyone think any Phins will recieve the honors?

I'd say Jay at that HUGE QB rating would be the main cantidate ...but it would also be nice to see Edwards get it just for his guts and courage that led him to yesterday :)

statistically, only RW would be eligible for his 111 yards and 2 TDs, but I am sure they other out there with better stats. Chad Morton (Jets) should get it

What is the requirement ?

Originally posted by dolphan39
statistically, only RW would be eligible for his 111 yards and 2 TDs, but I am sure they other out there with better stats. Chad Morton (Jets) should get it

Just curious, so they just base it on stats (yardage , ect ) alone? Never knew that...I thought I had seen instances in the past where QB's (for instance) who got less yards got the honor anyway.....

If Buffalo had won, Travis Henry's 149 yards and 3 TDs (I think) would trump RW's play.

I agree, Morton's performance will be tough to beat.

That honor will go to Priest Holmes with 4 TD's, 122 rushing yards, and I don't know how many receiving yards. If the Chefs could ever pull their heads out of their collective butts long enought to play defense for a little while, this could be very scary team with a weapon like that.

Well don't pull their heads out too soon..I think they;re on our schedule.

Originally posted by Expo88
That honor will go to Priest Holmes with 4 TD's, 122 rushing yards, and I don't know how many receiving yards.

Couldn't agree more. Seems like Holmes is becoming the Rodney Dangerfield of the league. I couldn't belive how many experts left him out of their top five and ten best backs in the league in their pre-season analysis.

Originally posted by dolphan39

No argument there, 39....the blocking for those returns was excellent as well. Westoff....nuff said.

He fumbled the rock...

... as much as Henry helped he also hurt the Bills yesterday.

Oliver...

Originally posted by TigerJ
If Buffalo had won, Travis Henry's 149 yards and 3 TDs (I think) would trump RW's play.

I agree, Morton's performance will be tough to beat.

I thought there were 3 "players of the week"
Offense, D, and special teams...

In that case, Morton takes ST, and leaves the Off. to someone else.

Rudd should get something for helping the Chiefs...what a knucklehead.

Robert Edwards is listed among the Primetime Players list. As is Chad Morton and Priest Holmes...I think Travis Henry too.

I'm more interested in keeping tab of the rookies. So far William Green and DeShaun Foster were held out. TJ Duckett had like 40 yards rushing. Shockey had like 40 yards receiving and no TDs.

The big ones were Randy McMichael 4 catches for 74 yards and a TD. Donte Stallworth I think with like 3 catches for 64 yards one of which was a 41 yard TD catch. And the other I think would be....um...oh yeah Javon Walker who caught for I think like 50 yards and a TD. Those are my early candidates for R.O.Y. honors. Did I miss some?

Oh yeah of course I totally forgot David Carr who just led his team to an opening day win. He will DEFINITELY receive ROY if he doesn't totally tank.

to bad they werent runs they were returns...he should be special teams player of the week not offensive

Back
Top Bottom