Conf.
Pitt.@Mia. 13-17 S.F@GB 21-24 (ot)

SUPERBOWL
Miami vs Green Bay
24-21 (ot)

This is subject to change when ever the hell I feel like changing it.:D

Originally posted by EddieIrvine13
Blitz

221 yards in one half is not impressive? If he were to play the first halp like that, that would be 442 yards!

And how many of those yards were as a result of good play by the WRs? 15/27 for 221 yards leads me to believe the WRs had an above-average amount of YAC

How can you not be impressed with that for the first game. Yes, one TD passing, but he led the team to 20 some points. No INTs... Drew doesnt make mistakes. He did not do it in college and he probably wont do it in the NFL. !

According to the Re-cap at NFL.com:

"...Brees then had one last chance, starting from his 32 with no timeouts. A personal foul on Kansas City got the Chargers to midfield, but on third down with 13 seconds left, Brees was flushed from the pocket and tried to lateral. He was whistled for an illegal forward pass and the game was over.

Brees realized he had made a rookie mistake.

"I think it's just instinctive that when you step up in the pocket, you run," he said. "Obviously, that works in college because the clock stops. But it doesn't stop in the NFL when you get first downs. I wish I had thrown that last ball instead of running it.""

Half of his interceptions were deflected passes in college cuz he had crappy receivers. 15/27 is over 50%, not terrible. There was a reason why the coach was fired too, and he received much criticism for not playing Brees more. San Diego did not win very many games, but the time Brees was in the line up, they outscored their opponents like 21-7!

The coach was fired because he wasn't producing wins. He had, what, three years to try and prove his worth? I think he went 8-8 his first season, 1-15 the next, and then 5-11 this past season. He didn't produce wins.

And by the way, the game Brees was in was against the Chiefs. Don't forget that.

It's hard to believe a Dolphin's fan will ask how many receivers have good seasons their rookies year after the year Chambers has. Yes, Brees made a mistake, but he learns from his mistakes. In college, his friends used to try to drag him out on the weekends and all Brees wanted to do was watch film. He is very dedicated and always improving. And yes, he may not have gotten so many yards against a good D, but also keep in mind his receivers arent great eitehr. I agree, he did not prove himself in that one game. But I still feel Brees is a good QB and will do well on the pro level. That is why San Diego is a SLEEPER team. You will see Brees play well this year. Then you will be wishing we took him in the first last year.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Cincinnati had an excellant draft. Jones will start at OG and be a great player and will take over for Webb when his copntract is up. Thompson is an excellant S who may solidify their secondary, and Manuel has the potential to start next to Tjompson for a long time. Schobel is a good TE and will give them an option at TE that they haven't had in a while and Dorsch should sure up their kicking game.

Cincy has a big time defense developing and if the young players on O start to mature, look out. A running game and great oline, which they have now, and a strong defense can carry a team a long way.

But they're still the Bungles.

Levi Jones with the 10th overall pick - WTF?

Well they tried trading down 3 or 4 spots to get him but NOBODY would deal wit hthem, so they took their guy. What do you do when you want a guy, feel comfortable with him, but nobody will trade up with you? I'd take the guy I WANT. NYG would have seriously looked at him at 15.

EddieIrvine13.......

I said how many WRs have good rookie seasons, and how many do??? I said it is possible, but the HARD NUMBERS prove that it is not likely. You give me a list of rookies that do really well, and I will give you a list at least 50-60 times bigger.

Brees went up against one of the worst Ds in the league, and played well, but to summarize that he will be great this year is madness. He might not even beat out mighty mouse Flutie Flakes, who is a horrible QB.

We cannot tell that he wont make mistakes in the NFL, the game is so fast mistakes are bound to happen. We wont know if he is going to keep on making mistakes until his 2, 3, 4 season in the League.

Brees might do well, might bomb out, but I doubt he will do so well that I wish he was a Dolphin.

Time will tell. Sorry if you felt that that I was justifying that Brees would be a good QB based soley on that one game. Blitz had asked me about whether Brees looked good on the field. My main point is I feel Brees will have a good season based on my instincts as a sports fan and that is going to help San Diego be the sleeper team that I predicted.

The Bengals were guilty of falling in love with one guy when there were better players on the board that could have helped them more. Phillip Buchanon would have been a much better pick and would help them out much more in the long term IMO.

If the Raiders traded with Atlanta one spot to get Buchanon why couldn't they trade up with the Bengals. Bad management is why the Bengals are the Bungles - this is just an example.

If the Raiders traded with the Bengals Jones would have been off the board, I guarentee that. It was a reach, but not that far of a reach. Me personally, would have taken Buchanon, but I am not the Bengals, and I think they actually made a good pick. They tried trading down to 14, just before the Gints so they would still secure him, that failed and they took their guy that has a chance to be a pro bowl LT for years to come. Better yet, they get to start him at guard and let him watch one of the GREAT pass blockers of our time at work, Richmond Webb. Ask Mark Dixon how much Webb helped his developement.....It was a good pick.

It is just Fashionable to pick on Cincy.

2002 season predictions

It's too soon to make full-blown predictions, but I'll go this far....

Cream of the crop
Dolphins, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Indy, Philly, St. Louis, San Fran

Medicore, but could surprise
Arizona, Atlanta, Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dallas, Denver, Green Bay, Kansas City*, New England, Jets, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa, Tennessee*, Washington

Should stink Baltimore, Carolina, Detroit, Houston, Jacksonville, Minnesota, New Orleans, Giants

**Tennessee lacks depth and has a few holes, but they still have talent and an easier schedule should help. KC could be a cinderella. They have a great running game, a good line , fast receivers and they improved their D through the draft. If Trent Green improves (I think he will), they could be a wildcard team.

As far as picking a superbowl champ, I'd say it's one of the seven teams I mentioned first except Indy (still not enough D).

In the AFC East I think the Jets will go 8-8. They have a great running game and solid D (though it has ?s), but their passing game is dreadful. Testeverde tends to throw passes too high (he did well with Keyshawn) and with a receiving corps that resembles a smurf village (other than Coles who's hardly a pro bowler), that translates to a lot of untimely interceptions, tipped balls, dropped passes, etc. I think Buffalo will be improved, but I think they're a year away still. (7-9) New England lost a lot of depth, will have a tougher schedule and just can't possibly get that lucky again. (9-7) If the Fins can come up with the right O-line combo, I think they can go 12-4 and advance through the playoffs.

I wouldnt say New Orleans is going to be a bad team. I wouldnt be surprised if they had a winning record.

Anyone think the raiders aren't going

to contend for the superbowl are crazy. Thanks too the stupid Glazer family the Raiders will be around for a while. Only two positions they have some age on offense are Wr and Rb. They Have two talented young wrs on roster already 23 Jerry Porter and 23 Marcus Knight(Watch this guy in Nfl europe) There rbs are all 30 but they have some years left because Wheathly and Garner didn't play much in their early carreers with the teams that drafted them. The raiders have one of the deepest and youngest ol in football.. Check out the ages on the offense line. They have their next qb Marquis Tuiasosopo ready to takeover when Gannon steps down. They have 4 tes 26 and younger. With 23 Mondriel Fulcherf and 23 Doug Jolley being the long term answers.

The defense has really been solidified from last season. They added32 John Parrella(Chargers)35 Bill Romonowski. Wow you say they added alot of ages . Lets look closer. Charles Woodson and Phil Buchanon are two very very young cornerbacks with tory James 28 asw the nickel back. Fs - 23 Derrick Gibson ss Johnnie harris 28(short term anwer) 23 Raymond Perryman(playing in Europe ands a hitter), K Nash(Drafted) undrafted Fa Willie Ford 6'2 199 4.48(syracuse) Lbs Drafted best lb Napolean Harris and plan on moving him to mlb. They Have srongside lb 26 Cornell Brown(ex Raven) to take over for Romanowski when he hangs it up. wlb 25 year old Eric barton who started to see alot action with William thomas. Baxckups are 25 Travian Smith 6'4 245 4.45 speed backing up Barton or Brown. Defensive line lets seeDt, J Parrella 32, dt Junior Ioane 24, 25 Dt Roderick Coleman, 23 DtChris cooper(6 round steal) Des Trace Armstrong is the only old de. Regan Upshaw, Tony Bryant, 22 Delawerence Grant, Keyon Coleman(Draft choice) The raiders again have two number 1 draft choices next year. They are just going to get stronger and it just wishful thinking that they are going to be bad.

FootballFanatic

"Thanks too the stupid Glazer family the Raiders will be around for a while. "

Aren't they supposed to be $50 million over the cap next year. They will be good this year, and then they will have to start rebuilding.

FootballFanatic.....

It is easy to throw around names, positions, and ages, but the biggest question is.....can they play for REAL????

Tuiasosopo is a HUGE questionmark. How many highly rated QBs bomb? he is a question mark. Knight may do good in Europe, but so do a lot of WRs that never make it in the NFL. Porter has the measurables, but hasn't proved a thing yet except that he is big. Can he catch? Can he contribute? We don't know yet, you can't just assume that he will.

O-line is deep and talented...no doubt. Their TEs seem solid, but not one of them SCARES me.

Their corners are good, but how long can Woodson play at his great level on thiose bad toes?? That is a serious injury, as any Dolfan would know. Buchanon and James are good. But their safeties are horrible, all of them. Gibson got drafted on measurables alone. He has no instincts and played basically as a LB at FSU. He should have started last year if he was anygood. Their safeties are bad and he couldn't get one start? Johnnie Harris is not the answer either. Nash, Ford.....are you serious? I'll give you some Dolphins that are young and hard hitters or have good forty times, does that mean that they have a chance at the final roster??? no.

Just because you have speed, or can hit, doesn't mean you know the game, and for the most part, the raiders young players aren't that scarey to me. Their older players are, and that is what gives them hope.

Back
Top Bottom