AFC season predictions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC season predictions

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
AFC East:
Miami 12-4 Ricky Williams will get 1400 yards, and the defense will finish in the top 5 in the league
New York 9-7 Losing two corners will hurt them and they still have Vinny
Buffalo 7-9 They have a good offensive line and a good QB with WRs, but their running game sucks and their defense is average to below average
New England 6-10 They will go from first to worst as Tom Brady's talent will show, that talent being none. Everything else on that team is pretty average besides the new TE and their WRs are good. Their defense isn't anything special.

AFC North
Pittsburgh 12-4 This will not be a very tough division for Pittsburgh to dominate
Cleveland 10-6 They have a good defense and now a good offense with a good QB and finally a good running back in Green. They will surprise many.
Baltimore 5-11 They have no offense besides a good tackle and a running back coming off a torn ACL. They are going to a 3-4, which will hurt Lewis who would be better in a 4-3. They lost basically everyone besides Lewis, Boulware, and McCrary on defense.
Cincinnati 4-12 They didn't address their needs in the draft besides getting Thompson who has great intangibles in the second. They have a good line and a great running back but that is it. Warrick isn't what he was hyped to be.

AFC South
Indianapolis 10-6 This division has a lot of teams that used to be good. Indy has the best offense and their defense will be decent with a new coaching scheme brought in by Dungy.
Tennessee 8-8 Their defensive line is decent, but nothing else on that defense is anything to talk about. Samari Rolle will have a good season, but that is it. Eddie George will do well a year removed from toe surgery, and McNair is above average.
Houston 6-10 Best expansion team ever. Carr will struggle and probably be forced to start.
Jacksonville 5-11 Fred Taylor will get injured, the offensive line isn't as good, they only have one good WR now with McCardell likely to be released, and they lost many good players on defense like Hardy.

AFC West
Oakland 12-4 Oakland is strong everywhere on the board, and they should cruise through their division. Those extra picks really helped the depth of this team.
Denver 9-7 Denver has a decent defense, and a very good offense that now boasts three capable wide recievers. Griese will have a very good year.
San Diego 7-9 They have a good defense that has a great playmaker in Harrison, a great linebacker in Seau, and a great pass rusher in Wiley. The offense boasts a few decent but not great recievers, and a good RB. Brees and Flutie are both good QBs.
Kansas City 5-11 They have good WRs which should allow for a decent season from Green, but the defense has a lot of holes. They have a very good running game

I will do NFC later.

I totaly DISagree with Oakland at 12-4, they are oan old team, without an awesome coach. The absence of Jon Gruden will show when they struggle to make the Wil Card if at all.

Miami 12-4
New York 10-6 *Wildcard
New England 8-8
Buffalo 6-10

Pittsburgh 12-4
Cleveland 10-6 * Wildcard
Cincinatti 4-12
Baltimore 3-13

Indianapolis 11-5 (Assuming the Edge comes back strong)
Tennessee 9-7
Jacksonville 4-12
Houston 3-13

Oakland 10-6
Denver 9-7
San Diego 7-9
Kansas City 6-10

no way

No way do the Jets go 10-6. THey might be the worst team in the AFC East. They will be lucky to win 7 games.

KC will make a run at the AFC West. They have talent and Ryan Simms might be rookie of the year.

Buffalo still stinks. There o-line was awful last year and if you think Tre Tegue and Mike Williams makes it better your nuts. They are improved but not good. Bledsoe didn't win in NE for the past few years for a reason, he isn't very good! Plus there defense isn't anything great. And they still can't run the ball.

Indy will win the South, but they aren't very good. There defense has holes abound. The only reason they will make the playoffs is because the AFC SOUTH SUCKS!!!

And by the way everyone is saying Cleveland is the "next big thing" and ready to make the jump to "contender"......tells me they won't be. Reality check time.

In the playoffs if I had to predict today before FA has ended I would say......Miami, NE, Pitt, Indy, Oak, KC.

Miami
Buffalo
Patriots
New York

That's my prediction, I won't do records yet.

* = Wildcard
AFC East:
Miami 12-4
New York 8-8
New England 7-9
Buffalo 5-11

AFC North:
Pittsburgh 11-5
Cleveland 10-6*
Baltimore 6-10
Cincinatti 2-15

AFC South:
Indianapolis 13-3
Tennessee 8-8
Houston 7-9
Jacksonville 6-10

AFC West:
Denver 10-6
Kansas City 9-7*
Oakland 8-8
San Diego 7-9

Miami and Indy byes
AFC Championship - Miami beats Pittsburgh

NFC East:
Philadelphia 12-4
Washington 8-8
Dallas 7-9
New York 6-10

NFC North:
Chicago 10-6
Detroit 9-7*
Green Bay 8-8
Minnesota 6-10

NFC South:
Atlanta 9-7
Tampa Bay 7-9
New Orleans 7-9
Carolina 4-12

NFC West:
St. Louis 12-4
San Francisco 9-7*
Seattle 7-9
Arizona 6-10

NFC Championship: Philadeplhia over Atlanta

Super Bowl:
Philadelphia 24
Miami 10

I'm worried about our defense at this point. Wanny's goal was to hold us at the same level as last year. At this point we are not. If we don't get a couple quality guys in FA on that defense we will be struggling for a top 10 D.

Cincinnati had an excellant draft. Jones will start at OG and be a great player and will take over for Webb when his copntract is up. Thompson is an excellant S who may solidify their secondary, and Manuel has the potential to start next to Tjompson for a long time. Schobel is a good TE and will give them an option at TE that they haven't had in a while and Dorsch should sure up their kicking game.

Cincy has a big time defense developing and if the young players on O start to mature, look out. A running game and great oline, which they have now, and a strong defense can carry a team a long way.

Tenn. and Denver will both be very good teams. My Top 4 goes: 1.Miami
2.Denver
3.Pitt
4.Tenn

Miami 11-6
Buffalo9-7
Patriots 8-8
Jets 7-9 (they have no Q and Curtis is gettin old)

HEY EXCUSE ME MR BRECKINRIDGE....IM NOT SURE IF I HEARD U CORRECTLY....U THINK PHILLY IS GONNA BEAT THE FINS BY 14 IN THE SUPERBOWL????!?!?!?!?!?!......I MEAN IF UR GONNA HAVE EM LOSE HAVE EM LOSE TO LIKE THE RAMS, OR A TEAM THAT IS ACTUALLY GONNA MAKE THE PLAYOFFS...EAGLES ARE GONNA SUCK

Don't underestimate San Diego, you will see them in the playoffs. Cleveland will be a great team, but not a Super Bowl contender. Oakland will have a good team, watch for them in the playoffs. This will be their last good year before they start rebuiding.
Of course, Miami will win their division, followed by New England.
New York Jets will be good too, maybe 9-7.
Buffalo will be lucky to get 8 wins, but only because they are in teh AFC East.

Playoffs... Miami, Cleveland, Indy, Oakland, *New England, *San Diego.

Back
Top Bottom