AFC unsung heroes: Jarvis Landry, Justin Simmons deserve love | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC unsung heroes: Jarvis Landry, Justin Simmons deserve love

Bull. Not taking special talent regardless of position is irresponsible. Especially if the plan is to build your offense with a new young QB. It is smart to surround him with as much talent as possible. Parker has basically had one good season and has an injury history. Banking on Parker is irresponsible.

WR is one of the least important positions to begin with and likely the deepest position group on our team. Special talent isn’t going to get bypassed by WR needy teams only to be taken by a team without the need.

if you can’t block, why bother.

we need guys on defense to contend with Patrick Mahomes for the next decade.

Parker’s breakout shows how mediocre Tannehill was...

parker benefitted from Fitzpatrick throwing 50/50balls to him...
Yeah i don't know if you want a young QB living off 50/50 balls is my view, He is very mediocre at other areas of the game
He had a career year and he will likely never surpass TRADE HIM! do the smart thing for once managment. Get us an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder!

Classic nfl.com offseason clickbait article. Half of those names don't even make sense.

Jarvis Landry just tweeted something about "how you get drug tested at the Pro Bowl?
I doubt it and it would be a first anyone hears of. Him and OBJ are notorious for making up stories for their image

Pro Bowl voting, especially one that has never made it, is always a year behind. Plays well next year, he makes it.

WR is one of the least important positions to begin with and likely the deepest position group on our team. Special talent isn’t going to get bypassed by WR needy teams only to be taken by a team without the need.

WR is not one of the least important positions when you have, most likely, a rookie QB starting for you sometime soon. Defense should be on the back burner a little until you get the rookie QB led offense up and running. I also am not a believer in this wide receiver group as much as most people on this site are. Parker has never been a guy that gets a lot of separation and has had only one decent healthy season. Preston Williams will be coming off a ACL injury. Wilson only started to flash again late in the season. There is nothing special about this receiving corps.

Parker stayed healthy

That was the major thing holding him back IMO

this...

he stayed healthy, and on top of that had great chemistry with fitzpatrick

his tendency to take shots and our constant playing from behind (i think we legit had minutes of time played with a lead thru the first half of the season) helped parker find some serious mojo...and the dude finished.

happy to have been wrong with parker now let's see how the next few years pan out with health, as systems change, etc...

I don't buy this at all. The biggest problem with the Tannehill / Parker connection was that neither of them was healthy at the same time.
And neither of them were as good as they seen now. Tannehill has gotten better and Parker has gotten way better. It wasn’t just health. Dude didn’t concentrate “through” plays - this year he put it all together. Finally developed. He was more raw than I guess we realized and not being able to stay healthy slowed his development.

I am not advocating taking a wide receiver at the expense of improving the offensive line but I believe it would be a mistake to think that this team is set at WR. And as I said in a previous post, the defense should take a back seat when it comes to building a team from scratch like Miami is basically doing . Offense takes longer to build and needs more time to get in sync. Get the offense on track first and then you can start building on the defensive side.

Three former Dolphins on that list (Phillips,Landry, and Tannehill), with two more that could have been talked about (Tunsil, and Fitzpatrick), yet Miami can't draft?

Hmm...maybe the problem was they couldn't develop talent until this year.

With how well all of a sudden Parker, Gesicki, McMillan, Steven Parker, Prestin Williams, Wilkins, Ginkel, and Needham looked, maybe, hopefully that is a thing of the past.

Justin Simmons I’ve been wanting since he was coming out of Boston college, maybe Flores is aware of how good he was then, now, and see’s the opp to pounce.

Last edited:
I don't buy this at all. The biggest problem with the Tannehill / Parker connection was that neither of them was healthy at the same time.

Parker had to mature. As a man and as a professional football player.

Now many are happy it finally seems to have happened. But consistency will only prove one party right.

Back
Top Bottom