AFCE Coaches. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFCE Coaches.

Philter25 said:
Honestly, as good as Pennington was or CAN BE, his injuries are what kills him. They guy CANT STAY HEALTHY. You can be a pro bowl QB, but when you are watching 3-4 games a season from the bench, that doesnt do anything for the team.

I would take a healthy good QB over an injured plagued VERY good QB any day of the week.

With that said, Jay Fiedler sucks and im really glad he is on the Jets cause when Penny gets hurt for his 3-4 games this year, Fiedler comes in. I just hope you guys have us on the schedule when Penny gets hurt.

Chad had 2 freak injuries, if it happens again then I'll think it's a Chris Chandler type situation where he can't stay healthy but they were fluky injuries and Fiedler is an excellent backup. You guys forget he led you to the playoffs twice, to your last playoff win, to your last div title and when he got hurt nin '02 you collapsed. He's not nearly as bad as you guys make him out to be.

nyjunc said:
I guess that would make him 20 yards ahead of AJ? :D
as much of a homer as I am even I have to admit Chad is better than AJ. Chad is a gamer but he has his flaws..fragile and the deep ball.. if you didnt have fiedler as a back-up I would trade our QB situation for yours in a heartbeat :D .

nyjunc said:
Chad had 2 freak injuries, if it happens again then I'll think it's a Chris Chandler type situation where he can't stay healthy but they were fluky injuries and Fiedler is an excellent backup. You guys forget he led you to the playoffs twice, to your last playoff win, to your last div title and when he got hurt nin '02 you collapsed. He's not nearly as bad as you guys make him out to be.
Hey you just made my Fiedler point for me THANKS!

and yes he is that bad PRAY you dont have to find out.

nyjunc said:
He didnt lead us to anything he just did a little less sabotaging than usual.

nyjunc said:
He's not nearly as bad as you guys make him out to be.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=3012

Almost a career 1:1 TD/INT ratio. Jay was lucky enough to play on a team with a top 5 defense every year. Any QB could go 10-6 with Ricky Williams and a top 5 defense. Ask Kyle Boller.

If Fiedler ever comes in, I would be praying Martin gets 30 carries that game. :lol:
Cause if the game depends on Fiedler throwing a lame duck to Coles, your fawkd.

zeke0123 said:
He didnt lead us to anything he just did a little less sabotaging than usual.

:roflmao:

i hate how people always say the QB LEAD them to the playoffs, or to the SB.

a QB can carry a team to the playoffs.

but not all playoff teams have QBs that LEAD the way.

zeke0123 said:
as much of a homer as I am even I have to admit Chad is better than AJ. Chad is a gamer but he has his flaws..fragile and the deep ball.. if you didnt have fiedler as a back-up I would trade our QB situation for yours in a heartbeat :D .

Chad can thrown the deep ball, did you see the nar 50 yd bomb he threw to Moss in the SD playoff game? It was as perfect as a ball can be thrown and that was w/ a torn rotator cuff and a conservative OC. Chad doesn't have a rocket arm but he can make all the throws he needs to make.

Fiedler is better than AJ.

Philter25 said:
Any QB could go 10-6 with Ricky Williams and a top 5 defense.

That's interesting b/c w/ Ricky in '02 the dolphins were on pace for 11-12 wins then jay got hurt and you missed the playoffs and ended up w/ 9 wins then you missed the playoffs w/ Ricky in '03. W/o Ricky Jay won a div title and guided you to the playoffs 2 straight years and that "top 5 D" you have has always folded in the big spots. Miami has never had a "raven like" D. The Ravens never lost in the playoffs 38-3, 62-7 and 27-0. Your O's never had a shot in those games.

nyjunc said:
That's interesting b/c w/ Ricky in '02 the dolphins were on pace for 11-12 wins then jay got hurt and you missed the playoffs and ended up w/ 9 wins then you missed the playoffs w/ Ricky in '03. W/o Ricky Jay won a div title and guided you to the playoffs 2 straight years and that "top 5 D" you have has always folded in the big spots. Miami has never had a "raven like" D. The Ravens never lost in the playoffs 38-3, 62-7 and 27-0. Your O's never had a shot in those games.
Hmmm who was the back-up wasnt he a jets cast-off??? sound familiar?

Hey MODS. How do I change the title of the thread to "Chad/Fiedler/Feely...who's better? "

zeke0123 said:
Hmmm who was the back-up wasnt he a jets cast-off??? sound familiar?
Yeah, your point is? The bottom line is w/o jay your season crumbled. If Jay was as awful as you say he was and it was easy to win w/ Ricky how come the only year a team Ricky was on that made the playoffs was the '00 Saints and Ricky was hurt down the stretch and was no help getting in the playoffs? If Ricky meant wins then why couldn't Lucas win? Obviously Jay must have meant something and been a decent QB if your team fell apart after he got hurt.

nyjunc said:
you show an offensive (aint that the truth) production total of 10 points during those 3 playoff losses and thats the Ds fault how??? ill give you the Jags game that was a monumental collapse and probably the worst game in franchise history.. and Dans worst game ever but really TEN points ?? I know its your favorite pastime to to try and blame the dolphin D for everything but for someone who seems knowledgeable (sp) you like to skew the stats.

nyjunc said:
How many turnovers did Ray Lucas have spelling for Jay Fiedler? Thats why they lost that year. I wont get into another Fiedler debate. Im excited that you are happy you have Fiedler. Good for you. He will be a great backup for the Jets and I am get goosebumps thinking that we will be able to hopefully face him. :D

Yes Miami's D didnt have big games when it needed to, and that was part of the playcalling. Our defense, although we had incredible players, was very easy to scheme. We didnt change anything up and were very predictable. I never called our D Ravenlike, I was just saying that if you have a top 5 D, no matter how average your QB is, you can easily get 9-10 wins as long as your QB doesnt lose games for you. Thats what Jay did. We were conservative on O and he was VERY streaky. Jay isnt a consistant QB. He would have a big game.... and by BIG I mean 200 yards passing, and then he would follow that game up with an abortion of a performance.

I wont get into his mechanics and his reads because thats a 45 min page of type. Ill just say Im glad he is a Jet and im thrilled that you guys are glad also. :D

nyjunc said:
Yeah, your point is? The bottom line is w/o jay your season crumbled. If Jay was as awful as you say he was and it was easy to win w/ Ricky how come the only year a team Ricky was on that made the playoffs was the '00 Saints and Ricky was hurt down the stretch and was no help getting in the playoffs? If Ricky meant wins then why couldn't Lucas win? Obviously Jay must have meant something and been a decent QB if your team fell apart after he got hurt.
Dude he threw like 10 picks in 4 games three or four of them where for tds the other way. was fiedler better than Ray hell yes! is herpies better than aids hell ya! but they still both suck.

Back
Top Bottom