AFCE Coaches. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFCE Coaches.

zeke0123 said:
you show an offensive (aint that the truth) production total of 10 points during those 3 playoff losses and thats the Ds fault how??? ill give you the Jags game that was a monumental collapse and probably the worst game in franchise history.. and Dans worst game ever but really TEN points ?? I know its your favorite pastime to to try and blame the dolphin D for everything but for someone who seems knowledgeable (sp) you like to skew the stats.

38 and 62 points, the O's had no chance. The raider game I can blame a little on the O since it was an INT for a TD that started the Raider roll but the others were all about D(or lack of).

How many turnovers did Ray Lucas have spelling for Jay Fiedler? Thats why they lost that year. I wont get into another Fiedler debate. Im excited that you are happy you have Fiedler. Good for you. He will be a great backup for the Jets and I am get goosebumps thinking that we will be able to hopefully face him.

Regardless the reason would you admit that you were worse off w/o Jay Fiedler in the lineup?

. Jay isnt a consistant QB. He would have a big game.... and by BIG I mean 200 yards passing, and then he would follow that game up with an abortion of a performance.

Jay is not a pro bowler, he's not going to carry teams on his back but when he has talent around him he can win. It won't always be pretty but he gets the job done for the most part. The man won alot of games w/ Miami and I am glad he's here, he's an excellent backup. Do I want him to start? absolutely not but on a short term basis I'd feel comfortable w/ him starting if Chad was out a few games.

nyjunc said:
Chad can thrown the deep ball, did you see the nar 50 yd bomb he threw to Moss in the SD playoff game? It was as perfect as a ball can be thrown and that was w/ a torn rotator cuff and a conservative OC. Chad doesn't have a rocket arm but he can make all the throws he needs to make.

Fiedler is better than AJ.

A.J. has a much better arm then Jay, the advantage was with Jay because he knew the system really well after being in it for five years

Philter25 said:
If he was, you think Saban would cut him? :lol:

It was time to move on. He can't cut AJ b/c the dolphins invested too much in him. Not all decisions are based upon who the better player is. The dolphins don't have a better CB than Surtain but they moved him, it had to be done.

Dude he threw like 10 picks in 4 games three or four of them where for tds the other way. was fiedler better than Ray hell yes! is herpies better than aids hell ya! but they still both suck.

Your season went down the tubes w/o Fiedler, you were saying how anyone could win w/ Ricky and a top 5 D well not anyone b/c Ray couldn't but interestingly he was 6-3 w/ the Jets in '99.

nick19991 said:
A.J. has a much better arm then Jay, the advantage was with Jay because he knew the system really well after being in it for five years

AJ is a backup QB who will be starting. He's not starter material in this league, Jay was not a great QB but was a solid starter. I'd take Jay over AJ any day as my starter.

nyjunc said:
Jay is not a pro bowler, he's not going to carry teams on his back but when he has talent around him he can win. It won't always be pretty but he gets the job done for the most part. The man won alot of games w/ Miami and I am glad he's here, he's an excellent backup. Do I want him to start? absolutely not but on a short term basis I'd feel comfortable w/ him starting if Chad was out a few games.

No player wins a lot of games, teams win games. I hated that excuse when Fiedler huggers would bring up his record. The MIAMI TEAMS won those games, not Jay. Look at his personal numbers! I dont care about his record, he was on a good team and put up horrible numbers. Now that was part Wanny's fault also for having a vanilla offense, but mechanically the guy is a career backup and he should be a good backup for you guys. I would be happy to get him, he is a drug free, big ear floppin ex-NFL starter who has game experience. Just make sure Curtis Martin stretches really well when Penny gets hurt because hes going to have a 30+ carry day.

nyjunc said:
38 and 62 points, the O's had no chance. The raider game I can blame a little on the O since it was an INT for a TD that started the Raider roll but the others were all about D(or lack of).
and about 30 three and outs in all 3 games but whatever.. you can go on thinking the D was the problem if it makes you feel better. I will sleep well knowing Jay isnt a Fin :D your nightmares will begin if he has to see time on the field.

nyjunc said:
AJ is a backup QB who will be starting. He's not starter material in this league, Jay was not a great QB but was a solid starter. I'd take Jay over AJ any day as my starter.

solid starter? Fielder sucks, when you average more INTs in a season then you do TDs and when your best game is gaining 200 yards then your a back-up failing to be a starter, the D gave Fiedlier all of his W's all he needed to do was not throw the game away and he couldn't even do that

Philter25 said:
No player wins a lot of games, teams win games. I hated that excuse when Fiedler huggers would bring up his record. The MIAMI TEAMS won those games, not Jay. Look at his personal numbers! I dont care about his record, he was on a good team and put up horrible numbers. Now that was part Wanny's fault also for having a vanilla offense, but mechanically the guy is a career backup and he should be a good backup for you guys. I would be happy to get him, he is a drug free, big ear floppin ex-NFL starter who has game experience. Just make sure Curtis Martin stretches really well when Penny gets hurt because hes going to have a 30+ carry day.

How did you do w/o him? Outside of last year which Marino in his prime couldn't have won games w/ go check the dolphins record w/ and w/o Jay from '00-'03 and you'll see a big difference.

and about 30 three and outs in all 3 games but whatever.. you can go on thinking the D was the problem if it makes you feel better. I will sleep well knowing Jay isnt a Fin your nightmares will begin if he has to see time on the field.

You act like they were scoreless games into the 2nd half and the D was battling. They were thrashed and the O's had no shots.

nick19991 said:
solid starter? Fielder sucks, when you average more INTs in a season then you do TDs and when your best game is gaining 200 yards then your a back-up failing to be a starter, the D gave Fiedlier all of his W's all he needed to do was not throw the game away and he couldn't even do that
True Dat.

nyjunc said:
It was time to move on. He can't cut AJ b/c the dolphins invested too much in him. Not all decisions are based upon who the better player is. The dolphins don't have a better CB than Surtain but they moved him, it had to be done.
Jay would have taken a reduced paycut to start here in Miami. It doesnt matter what you invest in a player, if you have someone better on the roster you play him. See Vernon Carey for example. We invested a 1st in him but StClair was playing better than Vernon last year. Vernon cost more but you play the best players. When you have a new regime coming in, Saban doesnt care if they gave up a 2nd for him. Saban is going to play the best players. Jay is 33 and Saban saw no future for him in Miami because he is a career backup, not a starter. Wether that is true of AJ we dont know yet. AJ is still a questionmark wether he is a starter but Jay has his years here and we all knew he wasnt a starter.

Although neither are ideal situations, when it comes to your starting QB, I would take a "maybe" over a "hell no" anyday. :lol:

zeke0123 said:
and about 30 three and outs in all 3 games but whatever.. you can go on thinking the D was the problem if it makes you feel better. I will sleep well knowing Jay isnt a Fin :D your nightmares will begin if he has to see time on the field.

Box score of Denver game in Jan '99(38-3 den), it was 14-0 in the 1st qtr:

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index.nsf/Games/1998-post-div-mia-den

Jax in Jan '00, it was 24-0 in the 1st qtr:

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index.nsf/Games/1999-post-div-mia-jac

Oak in Jan'01, 10-0 in 1st, 20-0 at half:

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index.nsf/Games/2000-post-div-mia-oak

Yeah it was all the O's fault :rolleyes:

nyjunc said:
How did you do w/o him? Outside of last year which Marino in his prime couldn't have won games w/ go check the dolphins record w/ and w/o Jay from '00-'03 and you'll see a big difference.
:lol: Thats cause we had even WORSE backups than him. Thats not saying much for Jay.... lol.... everyteam should do worse without their "starting QB".... or should I say "backup QB starting."

Thats not a testiment to Jay that we had a better record with him. Would you rather have Fiedler and 3 turnovers or Ray Lucas with 7. Its pretty much like me asking you if you want a bucket of $hit, or a dumptruck of $hit. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom