AFCME's Final 2013 NFL Mock Draft 2.0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFCME's Final 2013 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

AFCMiamiEast

Active Roster
Reaction score
I revised my first mock a bit and am confident this is my final version going into the draft. I decided to go with the better value in CB DJ Hayden instead of J. Banks, and substituted Banks with the 42nd pick with OT Terron Armstead. I believe this would solve our offensive line problems (for now), and the only hole we would have to focus on would be DE. I would solve this by signing J. Abraham in free agency instead of OT Eric Winston. Give me some feedback guys, tell me what you think. :chuckle:

1) Tyler Eifert – TE Notre Dame (I would explore any "trade down" scenario by getting him at a better value while adding another draft pick (likely a 3rd rounder)

2a) Terron Armstead OT Arkansas Pine Bluff
2b) Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
3a) DJ Hayden CB Houston
3b) Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State

*Sign John Abraham in Free Agency as DE*

Would love that draft...but there is no way in hell Hayden will fall to the 3rd round. I wouldn't be suprised to see him go in the late first and Hunter in the very early second.

No pass rusher? I think we need to bring in someone from the draft. Vernon may continue to develop and hopefully he will, but we at least need to bring in some competition.

No pass rusher? I think we need to bring in someone from the draft. Vernon may continue to develop and hopefully he will, but we at least need to bring in some competition.

I noted that I would intend to go after J. Abraham, the guy had 17+ sacks a couple years ago, pairing him up with Wake? Talk about laying Brady out on his ass multiple times a game. I have faith in Vernon as well, but Abraham (obviously) is an elite DE and would contribute on the first snap of the opener. I would definitely look into investing another 4th rounder in a DE just like 2012, but Abraham would be a great contribution and fantastic improvement to the defensive line.

Would love that draft...but there is no way in hell Hayden will fall to the 3rd round. I wouldn't be suprised to see him go in the late first and Hunter in the very early second.

I read a lot of scouting reports/draft analysis and projections on these guys before I write 'em up in my mock. Hayden is ranked the 62nd overall prospect, can you give me a link to a conflicting draft report on him? I wasn't aware of the possibility of him being drafted that high. He has a 66.6 draft grade on NFL.com, there is no way a guy like that goes in the first/early second.

I noted that I would intend to go after J. Abraham, the guy had 17+ sacks a couple years ago, pairing him up with Wake? Talk about laying Brady out on his ass multiple times a game. I have faith in Vernon as well, but Abraham (obviously) is an elite DE and would contribute on the first snap of the opener.

Sorry, I just looked at the draft and did not read the forward.

Stock up

D.J Hayden, Cornerback, Houston

After suffering a life-threatening injury during a practice at Houston back in November, cornerback D.J. Hayden has a chance to be drafted in the first round of next week's draft, according to Russ Lande of National Football Post. Hayden's skill set always made him an attractive prospect, but the heart injury he suffered at Houston had some wondering if he would ever play football again. Regardless, he has made remarkable strides to get this far and should be one of the feel good stories of draft weekend.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/4/17/4233590/2013-nfl-draft-stock-report-d-j-hayden-keenan-allen

Hayden is one of the drafts biggest risers. If it werent for his freak injury, many say that he would be the 2nd corner off the board...and would even possibly challenge Millner for the top spot. Now as far as where he should go and where he will go...thats a different story. I feel like a team may jump on him in the late first round, especially if Rhodes and Trufant are gone. IMO, I would project him as a high 2nd round pick and i think we should jump all over him if he is there with either of our 2nds. I would be absolutely stunned if he is there in the 3rd and if he is...its all medical related because there is no doubt the kid has talent. The same really goes with Hunter. I would not be suprised if NE or another team took him in the late 1st, especially with the latest news of Keenan Allen's drug testing "issues". I think Hunter has the potential to be one of the studs of this draft class.

Stock up

D.J Hayden, Cornerback, Houston

After suffering a life-threatening injury during a practice at Houston back in November, cornerback D.J. Hayden has a chance to be drafted in the first round of next week's draft, according to Russ Lande of National Football Post. Hayden's skill set always made him an attractive prospect, but the heart injury he suffered at Houston had some wondering if he would ever play football again. Regardless, he has made remarkable strides to get this far and should be one of the feel good stories of draft weekend.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/4/17/4233590/2013-nfl-draft-stock-report-d-j-hayden-keenan-allen

Hayden is one of the drafts biggest risers. If it werent for his freak injury, many say that he would be the 2nd corner off the board...and would even possibly challenge Millner for the top spot. Now as far as where he should go and where he will go...thats a different story. I feel like a team may jump on him in the late first round, especially if Rhodes and Trufant are gone. IMO, I would project him as a high 2nd round pick and i think we should jump all over him if he is there with either of our 2nds. I would be absolutely stunned if he is there in the 3rd and if he is...its all medical related because there is no doubt the kid has talent. The same really goes with Hunter. I would not be suprised if NE or another team took him in the late 1st, especially with the latest news of Keenan Allen's drug testing "issues". I think Hunter has the potential to be one of the studs of this draft class.

This isn't a knock on you, but cm'on man. Use a more credible source, SB Nation is on the same tier of sports journalism/reporting as Bleacher Report. NFL.com has him as a draft grade of 66.7, and CBS Sports ranks him as the 62nd overall prospect. We have seen stranger things happen, but credible sources are stating that he is not near a 1st round projection. I know SB Nation writers (not personally, but from social networking sites) that are high school and college kids, they get paid like $5.00 a week writing for SB Nation lol.

This isn't a knock on you, but cm'on man. Use a more credible source

Sure, here you go:

"#3 Rated CB by Mike Mayock":

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152968/article/houstons-dj-hayden-makes-mayocks-top-five-cbs

"Now #3 rated corner by Mayock, ran 4.3-second 40-yard dash at the University of Houston Pro Day. Hayden passes the first-round test on tape. "

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1...ngs-amazing-neardeath-story-to-2013-nfl-draft

"Top 35 pick":

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/57236/preparing-for-the-schedule-release

Like I said, I believe he could be taken in the first round because he is rising up the boards. I would put a high 2 draft grade on him, personally. It all just depends on his health.

There are a couple of intriguing pass rushers who could be late 3rd/early 4th rounders -- Joe Kruger and Devin Taylor. I like your draft. I hope we get either Eifert or Austin at #12, although I'm not at all confident that Ireland will go that route. I could see Kelsey and Swope later on. If I had to predict the Dolphins #1 pick, I'd say a trade up with Cleveland for Lane Johnson. I think that could happen unless Dee Milliner is there at #6. I don't see the Browns passing him up. If that's the case, I think its Cooper or Rhodes for Miami.

It's one of the better drafts I've seen. I've liked Eifort in the first for a while.

Yes to Leveon Bell! If Ireland is smart he drafts him to complement Lamar Miller. That seriously would be my favorite running back duo ever.

Think our offense would be scary adding Eifert and another speed WR with great size like Hunter and would be ideal scenario provided we could add Armstead or Kyle Long with other 2nd rd pick. Think Eifert will be there with our 1.12 pick but will be shocked if Ireland and company picked him and would be even more surprised if someone does not grab Hunter before our 2A the way he is moving up boards.

Favorite mock I've seen so far. Well done.

Hunter and Eifert!!!!

Hunter is my favorite wr in this draft

Back
Top Bottom