AFL and Europe | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFL and Europe

biggrouper

Fulltime Beachbum
Club Member
Reaction score
I have never watched the arena league or NFL Europe but I was wondering if there are any players worth looking at from those leagues that can come in and help the team cheaply???

They play NFLE or arena football for a reson. They are not good enough to be in the National Football League.

They play NFLE or arena football for a reson. They are not good enough to be in the National Football League.

That is a very bad comment. You must not know anything abut developmental leagues.

AFL is a totaly different game. So you can't really compair them.

Lots of great players started out in NFLE.

I have never watched the arena league or NFL Europe but I was wondering if there are any players worth looking at from those leagues that can come in and help the team cheaply???

NFLE is ok to watch. I do when it starts. I like to see who has been allicated by the Dolphins. It bassically passes the time in the off season.

AFL is a different game. If you ever have the chance to go to a game. Go. Worth the money. It is intense and fast like a basketball game, and crazy high scoring football. Big hits and big plays. Very fun.

NFLE is best described as NFL-lite , it has had some excellent players - kurt Warner , Dante Hall , Jake Delhomme , Barry Stokes etc. It is the NFLs development league where younger players or those with little or no game time experience are sent to see if they can make it in a game situation. There is a lot of pressure on these guys to perform but less of a pressure from a fan perspective.

Had the pleasure of meeting both Stokes and Hall at a Scottish Claymores Superbowl party a few years back. Fantastic guys who clearly loved their time to learn more about playing the game than being on a practice squad of an NFL team.

Just a pity the ******ed NFL decided to move the Claymore franchise to Germany , it was just starting to make a move into being an accepted sport here with over 15000 at every game. Now it is getting less fans in Germany so serves them right :D. I miss my Sunday afternoon trips to Hampden to see the games was always a good way to pass the football close season. (proper version)

AFL is really fun to watch, just make sure you understand the rules before you start screaming at your TV. :)

Back
Top Bottom