After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now???

he is the worse thing that has happen to the miami dolphins the first guy must work for the dolphins he was stupid for trading v/davis away that guy was a good corner and marshal should go down the road with jeff please mr ross do the fan a fanior firer jeff asp don"t let him screw up the draft picks we have next year the fans don"t want him

I, for one, can't argue with such a well articulated, eloquently made argument.

he is the worse thing that has happen to the miami dolphins the first guy must work for the dolphins he was stupid for trading v/davis was stupid away that guy was a good corner and marshal should go down the road with jeff please mr ross do the fan a fanior firer jeff asp don"t let him screw up the draft picks we have next year the fans don"t want him

I don't understand some posters love affair with Vontae Davis? He was hot garbage. We also stole a 2nd round pick from the Colts for him.

Ireland doesn't coach the team so what he "has done" after five games, is no different than what he did before the season started. Ireland buys the groceries, but Philbin makes the dinner, and he is the one who makes decisions that win or lose games.

Did you really have to use a stupid Parcells analogy?

we have basically the same team we had last season, but we look a lot better. Coaching and good QB play fixes a whole lot of issues.

The people who dislike Ireland are not going to acknowledge that he has done anything to merit any type of praise. The people who like him are not going to acknowledge his failings and place blame on Parcells for his early failures.

Or we can all be rational and realize that this is a sport where people make mistakes, and you take the good with the bad. It's not always doom and gloom, it's not always sunshine and kittens.

Ireland has done a fine job bringing talent on this roster. He's allowed bad talent on this roster. He's wasted draft picks. He's brought in fantastic trades. He's overseen great contracts. He's brought in good F/As.

It's a balance. If you're too far on either side of a spectrum, there's a solid chance that you're wrong and or ignorant :\. Just a little something I've learned!

Sparano was Ireland's biggest problem, he just didn't improve the talent that was brought onto the team, this set of the coaches is the direct opposite. So one coach made him look worse than he was, and another set of coaches have made him look possibly better than he is. Agree with Crazy though, he has probably been a decent to good GM, but he is young and he could actually be improving, he could have just got lucky with this draft, I would tend to still support him but if he was replaced with someone who was happy with Philbin and the guys as our coaches it wouldn't bother me too much.

I think he should be done. His FA's were terrible. He let Naane hang around a month too long. He's still not brought in a kicker to replace Carpenter. Grade D. Fail.

His free agency sucked this year, but his draft was pretty good with alot left to be seen.

Tannehill, Jones, Carroll, Misi, Odrick (not playing all that great lately), Smith, Pouncey, Martin, Jerry (Sparano guy)are all playing pretty good now. Yes coaching is big part of that, but he drafted them and you cant take that away. Coaching is not his job.

Trades he made was Starks, Bush, are probowl types.

FA he scored big on Cam Wake, Dansby, Incognito (yes, he is solid and is a big reason for stability on this OL when things were bad), Burnett is solid LB who can cover and tackle.

He scored draft picks getting rid of a headache that philbin did not want to deal with.

We are set up for the future for sure.

I have a huge problem with him gauranteeing someone like Naanee. Just rediculous.

The people who dislike Ireland are not going to acknowledge that he has done anything to merit any type of praise. The people who like him are not going to acknowledge his failings and place blame on Parcells for his early failures.

I disagree. I don't have an opinion on him personally either way, i'm judging him strictly on the job he's done. That said, i like the fact that he's tough minded. Soft GMs trade 2nd round picks for AJ Feely and Lamar Gordon. He gave Henne enough time to show something, and then moved on to Tannehill. He made missteps along the way, but hit homeruns, too. He was savvy in doing just enough to appease the fan base (in terms of finding a qb) without giving absurd money to Matt Flynn, and setting us back. We have a nasty little defense, and a promising offense. He should get credit for all of it, because he is the GM and thus the architect of this team.

I think he should be done. His FA's were terrible. He let Naane hang around a month too long. He's still not brought in a kicker to replace Carpenter. Grade D. Fail.

just a note, free agency is not what philbin will build his team with. So you could say that FA not being his strong suite is not going to be a problem for Philbin. He will want to sign his players who deserve to stay, to get resigned. Thats how Green Bay does it. You keep the system in house and less coaching required over time for vets who already know the system.

I still am in for Ireland. I am just to afraid of the past and what you end up with.

As a finfan in buffalo area, you hear the tears lately and they talk of better days with polian. be careful what you wish for, you just might screw yourself.

just a note, free agency is not what philbin will build his team with. So you could say that FA not being his strong suite is not going to be a problem for Philbin. He will want to sign his players who deserve to stay, to get resigned. Thats how Green Bay does it. You keep the system in house and less coaching required over time for vets who already know the system.

I still am in for Ireland. I am just to afraid of the past and what you end up with.

As a finfan in buffalo area, you hear the tears lately and they talk of better days with polian. be careful what you wish for, you just might screw yourself.

Im in the Buffalo area myself and I hear you on that. Im not of the opinion that Ireland sucks as some are. I actually think he does some things very well and others hes horrid at.

How is Jerry doing? I saw the last game and i think he struggled a bit

Back
Top Bottom