After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now??? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After 5 games, How do you Feel About Ireland Now???

A good GM understands building a great team is about devolping a great core and then continually upgrading the pieces around that core to build depth. Right now we have Long, Bush, Hartline, Starks, Smith becoming FA in 2013. Those players are all part of the core that Ireland has established and appear to now be paying off. If he isn't able to resign them and still have $$$ left over to bring in players that either add to the core of the team and/or provide depth then Ireland is an epic fail.

Ultimately a GM is graded based on the team's record under his watch and right now to go from a 11-5 to 7-9 to 7-9 to 6-10 to 2-3 seasons make Ireland a below par GM.

If that was true he would have been fired with Sparano. Records are more on the coach. Ireland doesn't call plays. Ross felt the Dolphins had talent, but Sparano wasn't developing it. So far Philbin is proving him right.

I think he has been far from perfect...but the most important pick he has made will be Ryan Tannehill.

He has hit some and missed some. His record in free agency is very spotty and this year it was awful.

I have mixed emotions...When I look at the team as a whole I love certain things that are going on, the O-line is looking like it could become elite, The D-line and even the front seven as a whole is a strong unit. The secondary is improving and there is a lot of youth throughout the football team. Most of all, as one of the biggest proponents of wanting him to draft Ryan Tannehill I am pleased with that selection. Not happy with the receiver area as a whole.

I do agree with the trading of Vontae Davis, who is playing awful for them. The Marshall trade bothers me without a solid replacement plan in place. Marshall has the 4th most yards in the league right now.

This next off-season is a huge one for him and the entire Dolphin nation in general. I pray he is the right guy because this draft and off-season will determine if this current edition goes on to accomplish something significant or not in my opinion....it is that important.

Explain. Yes I know Ross actually did the hiring, but he relied on his football people. Ireland is one of those.

I posted 3 links earlier in the thread that proved Ireland wanted someone other then Philbin(Page 6). Or just click my sig.

I posted 3 links earlier in the thread that proved Ireland wanted someone other then Philbin(Page 6). Or just click my sig.

If those links actually proved anything, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Back
Top Bottom