After all the cuts,including ZT,My mock draft has changed and looks like this | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After all the cuts,including ZT,My mock draft has changed and looks like this

DOL-FAN92

Practice Squad
Reaction score
1st round=Jake Long,LT-(L.J. Shelton was a RT,so vernon probably would be moved over there so Long can have the LT spot.Vernon isn't really the kind of player he is on the right side of the Tackle position,as of the left.Long brings the Bill Parcells package,6'7",315,excellent work ethic,great pass blocknig skills,and good run blocking skills.Long also has the experience on LT and RT,but with the position he would be brought into,given the circumstances,he would probably be locked down to the LT role,as he should.And for all you people saying he is a RT,did you ever once consider he only let one sack go on the left side of the line this year,and guess who that one player was?it was this years destoned TOP 10 pick,Vernon Gholston of Ohio State.Jake played LT for 2 seasons in Michigan,and played against top flight competion in one of,if not the hardest conference in the college games,and only let 1 player through,thats telling me something.....Also,not to mention Sparano and Mike Mase are great O-Line coaches,so they can convert a RT in a LT,im sure of it,although,give the Jake Long career occurences,they wont have to do much,if not nothing at all.Every Franchise QB needs a Franchis LT,and Mel Kiper(although he has us taknig Glenn Dorsey) and Todd McShay(also has us taking someone different,Matt Ryan[wouldnt mind if he is a Franchise QB]) believe Jake is a franchise LT,and that is something you have to consider here.Cant take Glenn Dorsey because he,supposedly,doesn't fit our D-scheme(although you can coach him through it,doubt it though,Day-Care in Miami is over).)

2nd round=Dominque Rodgers Cromartie,CB-(Our D needs depth the most,and none is more dyer than the secondary.Safety is prefly the most needed depth.However,there is no safeties accountable for this pick,unless Mel's(Kiper) draft is correct of Kenny Philips of University of Miami not being drafted in the first round,than there isn't any doubt in my mind Miami is picking him over anybody on the board.)

2nd round=Shawn Crable,OLB/DE-(Nothing stoping Miami now,with the release of Zach,Shawn is a shoe-in.Shawn is BP kind of player,and since Channing Crowder is ":foundout:" at this point,Shawn has the "green light" to start right now.Shawn is 6'5",242 and runs a 4.5,Parcells has this guy DOWN in the draft,I know it,I would be devasted if we missed out on him,but Shawn is too attractive to not draft.)

3rd round=Frank Okam,NT/DT-(We need a tackle in the middle that can play at a high level in our 3-4 defense.Okam is 6'5",320 and can hold up blockers,so that the blitz can prevail the offensive line.Okam is big enough and large enough to do it.Okam is really a 2nd round talent,but he missed out on a lot of off-season activities that could have even pushed him into maybe the late first round.But now some websits such as NFLDraftCountDown.Com has him outsid the TOP 10 DT/NT.And I know what you all are thinking,who cares its just one website,but if you go to thehuddlereport.com and look for the links or information to the other draft website,NFLDraftCountDown is currently in the TOP 5,prefly 2nd or 3rd right now i cant remember,but it means they know drafting.Okam would be a really nice fit in the middle,and even if he isn't there(which i doubt),theres still ket NT/DT in that position,but if don't go NT/DT here(which again,i doubt),then look for Miami to draft another linebacker to play next to Sawn is the middle,maybe the Virinia Tech MLB,or Erin Henderson,either way,were more than likely to go defense here,more even so in the front 7,to build on the position we already have,and for the ones we dont)

4th round=Adrian Arrington,WR-(Just like Shawn Crable,with the releasing of Marty Booker,that leaves a huge spot for Adrian to grooom into.Granted,Miami will more than likely go out and get a vet,as I heard Keyshawns being offered a job here,but OBVIOUSLY, he isnt the long-term answer.Adrian has "Parcells" writen all over him,6'3",200+ and runs a 4.6,but he is way faster than he times when playing in a game.Adrian has great hands,and is often compared to a younger Larry Fitzgerald.Derek Hagen had 3 years to shine,and blew it,the best he would be,at least to Miami is a 3rd option,however,if Keyshwn comes in and we draft Adrian,he'd be our 4th.All in all,Adrian is the PERFECT fit for our #2 option.Adrian is a possession WR,while Ginn is the deep threat,just like Wayne with the Colts being the possession WR,and Harrison being the deep threat.A guy like Adrian can reall take some of the spotlight from Ginn,so Ginn can light it up from the spotlight,....if you know what Im trying to say....)

6th round=Jamaar Adams,FS/SS-(Built like a LineBacker,just thiner.If you ever look at a picture of him,you would agree,he is so ripped.We need a Safety that can play coverage,and can be counted on to help the corner if he gets burned.Jamaar is 6'2",210,maximum tools to be a starter,and great skills,as he runs a 4.5.

7th round=Jamie Silvia,SS-(We already have a starting SS in Yeremiah Bell,but I dont see him as a long term anser,as he is already 30 years old.Young blood is what this team needs,and Jamie brings that,not to mention great ball skills,had 8 INT's this season,14 total in his BC career.Now,Jamie might never be a starter,but he has the dertermination,tool,and most of all SKILL to be one,only time will tell.)

Obviously,I left out some other needs that I didnt mention in my projected draft,however,I believe Bill Parcells and Tony Soprano:lol:,opps I mean Tony Sparano will adress them in FA,as I've seen through recnt threads we ahve nearly $50M in salary cap space with the releasing of Zach Thomas on Thursady,which was $5.6M

LOL... first rule of making a mock, know which picks we have... doh

EXACTLY!!! 2nd rule of making a mock....know which picks we have. :lol:

I think the only round where we are not picking is the 5th for the Trent Green trade, giving our pick to KC.

how about this, we trade back from #1, to lets say #4-7. along with that, we ALSO get a 2nd rounder by doing that, and probably a 3rd.

6: Sedrick Ellis, DT...fills DT need
32: Phillip Merling DE...gives us good rush defender.
2b: Curtis Lofton MLB...probably best MLB
2c: Dominique Rodgers Cromartio CB...good corner
3a: Shawn Crable OLB....could fit nicely at OLB, grooming under Porter.
3b: Red Bryant NT...big beefy NT.
4a: Reggie Smith CB....he'd play Safety though. excellent ball/rush skills.
5...no pick
R6: Jamie Silva (SS)....like the guy said, 8 INTs...can play in the nickel/dime.
R7: BPA

how about this, we trade back from #1, to lets say #4-7. along with that, we ALSO get a 2nd rounder by doing that, and probably a 3rd.

6: Sedrick Ellis, DT...fills DT need
32: Phillip Merling DE...gives us good rush defender.
2b: Curtis Lofton MLB...probably best MLB
2c: Dominique Rodgers Cromartio CB...good corner
3a: Shawn Crable OLB....could fit nicely at OLB, grooming under Porter.
3b: Red Bryant NT...big beefy NT.
4a: Reggie Smith CB....he'd play Safety though. excellent ball/rush skills.
5...no pick
R6: Jamie Silva (SS)....like the guy said, 8 INTs...can play in the nickel/dime.
R7: BPA

A lot can change between now and April, but I think the chances of Merling being there in the 2nd, Cromartie being there at the end of the 2nd and Reggie Smith being there in the 4th are about as good as me getting signed as an undrafted free agent... zero.

Back
Top Bottom