After filtering through all the posts... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After filtering through all the posts...

rhadaddy

Who's your daddy?
Reaction score
just wanted to add my .02 cents.

Yeah we all knew JF had a "Not So Good" day today, but guess what RW didn't either, as you all know. Which I can only attribute to poor offensive line play. For all of you who watched and rewatched the game, you will notice that the giants d-line were in our backfield on 80% of our plays. JF got lucky on a few dropped ints, but he managed the game as best as possible considering he rarely had time to make a play. It all comes down to the o-line.
They absolutely stunk it up today. Instead of calling for JF head, maybe Ruddy wasn't such a bad center, Maybe we need Dixon more than ever. Whatever the case may be. I blame our inept play execution squarely on the backs of our o-line. And for all of the Fieldler bashers, Griese would've probably cost us the game.

Now for the positives, Man hats off to Surtain and Madison. Hell hat's off to the entire defense. Man they absolutely represented in the Meadowlands against arguably one of the most talented (on paper) offenses in the league. I hope they can keep this up.

Norv Turner, you earned your paycheck today. In a post a few days back, I mentioned, how we needed to go back to last year where we spread the ball around beacuse teams will start to neutralize Ricky and low and behold the g-men found away to stop Ricky's rushing dominance. Even though that bootleg rollout to McMicheal drop would have only netted us two yds. Those kind of misdirection plays against an over aggressive defense are great. Those kind of plays always help to create a little defensive hesitation on the next few plays. I've been waiting for Rob Konrad to breakout this year and I'm glad we called that screen when we did and that run play. The more we spread the ball around and get Konrad, McMicheal, "Minor" and Mcknight involved, the more we become a legitimate offensive threat. Not taking anything away from Chambers and of course Williams, but we need to beat a few teams with someone else being a major weapon. That's the only way we'll get defenses to play more honest.

Lastly, hats off to DW, yes I said it DW. What did he do? well whatever he said in the lockeroom at halftime, the team did not give up any points in the second half...yes they were without their kicker, but this team last year would've folded. I'm not sold yet but I'm starting to believe.

Forget the blowouts it's the tough wins against great teams that show a teams true character, and this team has some swagger.

It was ugly, but at the end of the day it's a win.

Originally posted by rhadaddy
just wanted to add my .02 cents.

Yeah we all knew JF had a "Not So Good" day today, but guess what RW didn't either, as you all know. Which I can only attribute to poor offensive line play

You should attribute it to a good defense totally selling out to stop the run.

Bottom line, some people here don't want to acknowledge that the Giant's D was in our backfield most of the game. our OL sucked today, until the 4th quarter, then they and Jay started playing and Ricky started running. Before that, where was our OL?

not taking anything away from

the giants d, but every team sells out to stop ricky, that's nothing new, They're damn good as well as the bills d was damn good against us, the difference is, our line opened no holes and kept no one out of the backfield. Re watch the game if you have it taped and re watch the bills game. Our oline got no push whatsoever

rhadaddy, you said it perfectly man, the G-Men ran run-blitz after run-blitz and our O-Line and Konrad did squat to fend off the attack.

Back
Top Bottom