After Free Agency do we still have to trade up for QB? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Free Agency do we still have to trade up for QB?

I don't understand the question.....

You aren't seriously suggesting drafting both, are you?

If he's there at 18, what does that tell you about his percieved value?

I would consider it seriously for sure, why not? Not to sure I care about what other teams think or "perceived value".

I don't understand the question.....

You aren't seriously suggesting drafting both, are you?

If he's there at 18, what does that tell you about his percieved value?
I agree that they don’t need to draft two QB’s in the first round but teams have been making errors in estimating the value of individual QB’s since the draft began. Look at all the QB bust who were drafted
prior to the 18th pick in the draft. While you have QB’s like Brady, Rogers, Brees, and Wilson who were
not seen as worthy of top 18 selections who have been top 10 QB’s for years.

I would consider it seriously for sure, why not? Not to sure I care about what other teams think or "perceived value".
"Why not?" is fine from the perspective of a fan.

From the perspective of the organization, if they believe in Herbert, or anyone for that matter, what sense does it make to spend two rd1 picks? There aren't enough practice snaps to effectively develop both, and even if there were, unless they both play well in actual games, you aren't likely to recoup the rd1 pick in a trade.

The only possible upside would be if the #5 pick were a total, and immediate bust. If that's the line of thinking of Grier/Flo, we're in deep trouble.

I’m thinking move up to 3 pre-draft, Detroit wants picks and will probably move for #39 plus another lower pick. If the Chargers want to jump to #2, we can still move up again with limited capital(400 pts) and the Redskins still get their man. They probably wouldn‘t if they dropped to 6

I can understand your position, but it has happened before with Jimmy Johnson and Troy Aikman. I think of it as more like insurance, instead of an incompetent FO. We don't know what is going to happen, maybe someone catches a virus or gets hurt? It is good to have so many picks, gives us flexibility.

I can understand your position, but it has happened before with Jimmy Johnson and Troy Aikman. I think of it as more like insurance, instead of an incompetent FO. We don't know what is going to happen, maybe someone catches a virus or gets hurt? It is good to have so many picks, gives us flexibility.
That, I think was a rather unique situation. A rookie HC that took a guy he coached at the U. More a comfort level thing than anything else, IMO.

Cam Newton is the most over hyped media driven celebrity QB I've ever seen. He's always been inaccurate, and can't read defenses, but he was a great athlete. Now he is beat up physically, but he still can't read a defense and is still inaccurate. He is 0-8 in his last eight starts. He is exactly the type of QB I would never want to build a franchise around.
Maybe all depend on who you ask..

The way thing are going.. it might not be season this yr. So it might be good thing too draft Tua. let him sit yr. will draft orders be same in 2021.

Back
Top Bottom