After Free Agency do we still have to trade up for QB? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Free Agency do we still have to trade up for QB?

So if you knew that Tua would mtach exactly Drew Brees career passing numbers, playoff wins, super bowl appearances and super bowl wins would yo say he's worth 2 or 3 1st round picks? I'm not saying he isn't just want you opinion. If Tua turned into a clone of Bree career wise would that be enough too justifyusing 2 or 3 1st round picks for him?

And if Justin Herbert turned into Ben Rothlesberger and you could have him instead without having to trade up, would you take that, with a lower injury risk of course?

To be fair, I wanted Brees when he was coming out of Purdue, and over Culpepper. But you can’t do this in a vacuum as if the other guys are ****. What if Love turns into some version of Aaron Rodgers? You can speculate on all of them. Who’s got the higher ceiling? Who’s got the highest risk? That sort of thing...

If I were the GM, which obviously I'm not.

I'd play every poker card trick possible this year...

trade that 5th pick for more capitol

roll with the 2 QBz under contract this season

and draft Trevor Lawrence in 2021.

We aren’t going to lose enough games to draft number one overall next year, and whoever does, ain’t trading Trevor freaking Lawrence. Hell, we couldn’t even secure the first overall pick this year, you think we are going to be worst next year?

We aren’t going to lose enough games to draft number one overall next year, and whoever does, ain’t trading Trevor freaking Lawrence. Hell, we couldn’t even secure the first overall pick this year, you think we are going to be worst next year?

Thats true but what you may not seem to get is that if Houston keeps de-railing themselves they have a realistic shot at getting the #1 pick or 2-3...and quess what..WE Own that 1st pick !

Thats true but what you may not seem to get is that if Houston keeps de-railing themselves they have a realistic shot at getting the #1 pick or 2-3...and quess what..WE Own that 1st pick !

Well that would be amazing. I guess if Deshaun Watson gets hurt there would be a chance. Wonder what the odds are of that? Who is looking like they are at the bottom of the league next year?

I hate the T word.......stay at 5 and draft Tua there. If the redskins or Lions wanted Tua their pick would not be for sale. The chargers don't have any extra picks and they need to look good in 2020 before the fans don't show up for their games so they will keep their picks. Tua will be there at 5.

We are competing w many teams. What did KC trade up from? 25? Teams think quite strategically. Just because they draft low, doesn’t mean they dont need a qb. Plus they have nothing to lose bc their pick is just a luxury , not a need.

Not to pick 3?! They traded up to like pick 12 or something from there. Not that Mohomes wouldn’t have been worth any price, but there is a big difference trading up to 12 vs 3 In terms of price.

There are 4 solid Franchise QB prospects in this draft. There is an order, but I’m not sure there is as much daylight between all of them as you go down the list. Obviously, Burrow is the cleanest, but even he has concerns about his arm strength. For the rest, hey if Tua doesn’t have the history of injury all the way back to high school, then he’s the number one prospect, but that injury history is real. Herbert is a bit cerebral, and Love had some inconsistency. Add it all up and you roll the dice and the distance between these prospects probably isn’t as far as you think and I guarantee you that numbers 2, 3, & 4 are probably different on many NFL team’s draft boards as obsessed as many of us fans get with a single QB prospect.
I'm going with only 2 solid prospects in Burrow and Tua. Both will play this year and can help their teams win immediately. Herbert and Love look like they will both need some seasoning so their future is a bit murkier.

I'm going with only 2 solid prospects in Burrow and Tua. Both will play this year and can help their teams win immediately. Herbert and Love look like they will both need some seasoning so their future is a bit murkier.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, so fair enough.

For me:

Tua: He is closest to his ceiling now. Super accurate, a real gamer and the number one prospect if he doesn’t have that injury history and risk, except, alas he does. NFL projection: Russell Wilson or Drew Brees. Or, someone who has a short NFL career and misses a lot of games because he can’t take the pounding in the NFL.

Herbert: He has a very high ceiling. Projection: Ben Rothlesberger. Super high ceiling, and a fine prospect in terms of risk reward. Could be Joey Harrington because he is cerebral. Risk vs Tua Injury? It’s not higher, that’s for sure.

Love: Also, super high ceiling, he isn’t anywhere near it. Projection: Version of Aaron Rodgers or poor Man’s Patrick Mahomes as they have said. Bust factor: He was inconsistent, maybe he would be like Jamis Winston, except that he seems smarter than Winston to me also much cleaner off the field.

All three of these guys can sit for a year behind Fitzpatrick and get seasoned and learn the position. That’s just one point of view...

I hate the T word.......stay at 5 and draft Tua there. If the redskins or Lions wanted Tua their pick would not be for sale. The chargers don't have any extra picks and they need to look good in 2020 before the fans don't show up for their games so they will keep their picks. Tua will be there at 5.

The Chargers might be looking into acquiring Cam Newton. If that happens, it’s more good news for MIA.

Chargers are our biggest threat, but we have the draft capital. They may be eyeing Herbert anyway, thinking about the risk to trade up for Tua. I'm leaning towards the Chargers staying put for the same reasons we will, no one will jump them and still get their guy.

I hope Miami stays at 5. IMO, the Chargers are the only team i feel will even think about moving ahead of us to draft a QB. And if that happens to be the case, I believe Miami should trade back a couple spots with someone like Jacksonville and pick up some extra draft picks.

I do not think our draft QB starts the season. Only chance is an amazing August. Now with no OTAs it becomes even less likely. If Fitz is hurt Rosen can play. By game ten, if no OL injuries, the OL should be good enough to protect a rookie and by game ten the rookie may be worth a start.

Be funnier n hell if Tua's there and the FO picks Herbert or Love...

Realistically IMO if we build a very good offense around anyone of these guys we will be set with a very good QB...and thus feel lucky to be were we are in this draft with the availability of one of those 4.
Now is a healthy (?) Tua considered the cream of the crop, many think so including myself but we should not need (though even better) the top of the top in which he has to be a Dan Marino to win games, cause that ain't gonna ever happen in our life time. Only One Marino...

Build a solid offense and we'd be set JMO

Brother why would the Panthers be looking at a QB when they just signed Teddy Bridgewater?
I think they will be one of the worst teams in the NFL next season and if they are and if they have the worst record in the league, they will draft Lawrence. Obviously if they don’t have the first pick in the draft they won’t be drafting Lawrence.

I do not think our draft QB starts the season. Only chance is an amazing August. Now with no OTAs it becomes even less likely. If Fitz is hurt Rosen can play. By game ten, if no OL injuries, the OL should be good enough to protect a rookie and by game ten the rookie may be worth a start.
I agree it will most likely be later in the season but Miami's rookie QB will get some starts in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom