After further review... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After further review...

I wonder if anyone pulls Ross aside - even if it's Marino and let him know Grier's been stealing his money because there's no way you could **** the bed across the board with all the draft picks we got.

Good players make any coach look good. The fact that Flores has been p*ssing in the wind with OCs since he got here negates any defensive "genius" he has. Run em both out of here.

I respectfully disagree with your entire post except for the end. Talent IS our problem. Period. Picking Jackson at 18 wasn’t the problem? I’ll say it again… Grier picked a guy with a 2nd or 3rd round grade who was looked at as a project coming out of college. So….The problem is Grier using the 18th overall pick on a project. That’s just stupid. I said it when we drafted him. That’s just the Jackson pick….

You said IF all those moves were correct? Well…They weren’t correct as has become obvious. Jackson is consistently being beaten by the man across from him. Kindley has eaten himself out of a job. He’s also consistently beaten by the man across from him. Eichenberg? Rookie…,But as of right now, he doesn’t look good. To put a bow on it…. The entire offensive line is a disgrace. Not one of them are playing anywhere near an NFL level consistently. Grier has hit on a few guys…. but not many. Definitely not enough to keep his job in my opinion.

Remember Grier’s job is to acquire talent. Let’s go to our Free Agent pick ups. Will Fuller? Hurt again. McKinney? Cut. Kyle Van Noy? Cut and on and on.

So…Your argument that Grier is any better at identifying talent than some of the guys on this board is, in my opinion, wrong. He’s just getting paid for it. I guarantee there are guys on this board that post regularly that would run circles around Grier. Grier has been the problem here for 20 years. The only thing he has proven to be good at is getting promoted and keeping his job.

As for coaching…I’m starting to come around to the fact that Flores isn’t what I hoped he would be. You mention being put into a position to succeed…Well…. At some point you have to beat the man across from you. None of the guys you mention are. But…I’ll agree with you….Our coaching isn’t helping these guys. We should go no huddle….Move the pocket…Run more screens etc.

I’ve become very disillusioned with Flores…..And that’s the part that sucks. I thought we had a good one.

Anyway….That’s my 2 cents.
I was going to chime in but I couldn’t have said it better myself. I do agree with what he wrote about only having youth on the line and putting all our money on the D. It’s just on other stupid decision on putting the pieces in place. Speaking of money, is all our money tied up to X, Jones and Baker? Do we really have all our money on 3 players while every other player is either cheap or on a rookie contract? Doesn’t seem like a good way to build a team. Jmo

I respectfully disagree with your entire post except for the end. Talent IS our problem. Period. Picking Jackson at 18 wasn’t the problem? I’ll say it again… Grier picked a guy with a 2nd or 3rd round grade who was looked at as a project coming out of college. So….The problem is Grier using the 18th overall pick on a project. That’s just stupid. I said it when we drafted him. That’s just the Jackson pick….

You said IF all those moves were correct? Well…They weren’t correct as has become obvious. Jackson is consistently being beaten by the man across from him. Kindley has eaten himself out of a job. He’s also consistently beaten by the man across from him. Eichenberg? Rookie…,But as of right now, he doesn’t look good. To put a bow on it…. The entire offensive line is a disgrace. Not one of them are playing anywhere near an NFL level consistently. Grier has hit on a few guys…. but not many. Definitely not enough to keep his job in my opinion.

Remember Grier’s job is to acquire talent. Let’s go to our Free Agent pick ups. Will Fuller? Hurt again. McKinney? Cut. Kyle Van Noy? Cut and on and on.

So…Your argument that Grier is any better at identifying talent than some of the guys on this board is, in my opinion, wrong. He’s just getting paid for it. I guarantee there are guys on this board that post regularly that would run circles around Grier. Grier has been the problem here for 20 years. The only thing he has proven to be good at is getting promoted and keeping his job.

As for coaching…I’m starting to come around to the fact that Flores isn’t what I hoped he would be. You mention being put into a position to succeed…Well…. At some point you have to beat the man across from you. None of the guys you mention are. But…I’ll agree with you….Our coaching isn’t helping these guys. We should go no huddle….Move the pocket…Run more screens etc.

I’ve become very disillusioned with Flores…..And that’s the part that sucks. I thought we had a good one.

I agree with this. Just because he ended up as a scout, and somehow ended up as our GM has nothing to do with being good at picks. We have missed on so many could have been probowl draft picks and the one common denominator is Grier. For the last 20 years. And I know he's been here almost as long as that... shooooo you have to call a rat a rat when you see it. However, his point about the o line is correct. We need some veteran presence there for sure.

Offensive coaching staff is the biggest problem, but Grier is also a problem. We should have spent money in free agency on the offensive line.
The picks were a problem as well….

A GM is graded on making winning picks, not did he draft the right position!

The OP is wrong on this point!

We need to remember we are a team w/o our starting qb. Any team starting their second string qb would probably have lost the games we have lost or would have been an underdog .Yes we should have beaten the Colts ,and if we had Fitz as qb we would have ,but Bissett just sxcks.

As a fan I hope Jackson and Iggy work out, both have the physical ability ,and neither seems to have a red flag about character issues. So it seems if we have the right coaches these guys should be become players .

We need to remember we are a team w/o our starting qb. Any team starting their second string qb would probably have lost the games we have lost or would have been an underdog .Yes we should have beaten the Colts ,and if we had Fitz as qb we would have ,but Bissett just sxcks.
Gase took us to the POs with a second string QB so sorry .. no excuse

I'll just tackle the Herbert versus Tua debate that has gained steam here, as well as with the media.

I bet if you surveyed GM'S going into that draft, most would have taken Tua. Besides the injury, albeit a legitimate concern, there really wasn't another negative associated with Tua. Accurate, check. Leadership, check. Coming up big in crucial moments, check.

Herbert had the edge in arm strength, size and physicality. Questions loomed on accuracy and leadership.

Certainly Herbert went into a better situation and has been the better player one year and four games into his career.

I liked Herbert, but preferred Tua. Wanted Jefferson over Jackson, though.

I'll let others tackle the coaching issue and lack of veteran talent on the offensive side. All good points by the OP.

I'm still not convinced it's more of a coaching issue on the offensive side. Although, I think Grier could have done better with some picks as well.

As to Jackson, I think the consensus was 1st round, although I think Miami reached a little for him. I really wanted Jefferson there.

In fact, is there a Dolphin Fan who wouldn't trade Jackson and Iggy for Jefferson and Taylor?

I get what your saying. My point is pretty much Grier is responsible for this... Even if he is good at picking players, which is questionable at this point, he's not able to build an environment thats conductive to player growth. Basically.
To your point, the offense is very young. No argument that some vets would help.

Grier sold a tank to draft an elite QB. Not a good QB or game manager, but elite. That’s the bar.

If Tua doesn’t look like he’ll become elite because of talent, then Grier has to go. That was his one job. We’ll see how Tua goes this year.

Back
Top Bottom