After The QB...... Who To Look For? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After The QB...... Who To Look For?

Cornerback is usually the one position where upside tends to overtake the tape. As I've said for years with CB's - you can throw the tape out the window.

Tall, long arms, and recovery speed tend to work out in the pros more often than good tape. It's why I have Diggs as my top Senior CB despite the tackling flaws. He can only get better, he can't get any worse.

Marlon Humphrey stayed burnt at Alabama more than any other CB we've had in the last 10 years. But he's turned out to be the best pro. However, he was also one of the most physical. He didn't have the tackling flaws that Diggs has. But Marlon was a CB in high school here at Hoover also - Diggs is a converted WR that still has plenty of upside. Furthermore, he's lost a year of development due to missing most of the season last year with the foot injury.

I mean nobody had better tape coming out than Vernon Hargreaves. Just doesn't have the length or speed or desire to be a great pro.
Hargreaves showed some warts in his final 2 games. Recall giving up 2-3 long balls for TDs where his size and recovery speed were exposed.
CB is really tough to evaluate outside of no brainers. Much of it depends on system and coaching.
My point being - RD2 I can find a 10 year starter at interior line or WR.
Rd 2 CB feels as hit or miss Rd3- UDFA.

Free agency will impact this greatly, but based on the roster right now.... the other 5 day 1/2 picks for me would be OT, C, RB, CB, Edge. But I'd be tempted to take a WR as high as the first round if the right guy is there.... say Lamb or Ruggs.

I agree with the narrative that it's important to surround our young QB with good protection and proper talent early on. That's why I'm hoping we spend big on an edge rusher and a CB in free agency, i.e. Yannick Ngakoue & James Bradberry.

Trey Smith OT Tennessee Also OT Josh Jones- that would be something else to get those two guys, I also like RB Najee Harris.

Last edited:
What about the cal kid at corner Bynum? Not athletic enough a little light in the pants?

Back
Top Bottom