After Today's Signings, 23 Roster Spots Left | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Today's Signings, 23 Roster Spots Left

I think he just means towards the 90 we can have to start OTAs/preseason / etc.

I sure hope we trade down. I would like ten picks and if we give up #13 I think we can get at least 3 from that.

I believe Miami will trade down. Whether it's in round one or beyond no one knows. But only needing 16 spots, after the draft, to fill the 90 man roster, isn't has bad as it appears, especially when Miami begins signing more F/A after the draft, when NFL F/A don't count against the comp formula AKA Danny Shelton?

I sure hope we trade down. I would like ten picks and if we give up #13 I think we can get at least 3 from that.
In order to get 3 picks to move back you'd have to move all the way out of the first round which is not a good idea because with a first round pick you have that player's rights for 5 years instead of 4.

Subtracting the 7 or so draft picks coming later this month, that leaves 16 openings for UDFAs and other free agents.

With a lot of unsigned players (FAs/UDFASs/AAF) still out there and more cuts by other teams coming. I don't expect many more draft picks than 'normal.'

I don't get it... Why are some peeps so concerned about the 90 man roster as if we're the only team far short of that??? Makes no sense. Every team has 53 + PC 10 = 63 effective on the roster. And of course it's ONLY the 53 that really matters. So what's the concern that we're short on the 90???

It's pretty much the same for every team. It's not like they have stockpiles of NFL roster worthy dudes stored in a warehouse!

After the draft and UDFA -- we'll have a surplus!

:)

At least 10 picks and no need to stop there. If you view draft picks more like commodities, I think you get more in return with patience.

Start flipping picks and don't stop. I wouldn't be shocked if our new head coach (who dreamed more of being an NFL GM) didn't watch Belichek keep flipping picks for better value and not think that was a wise idea. For our sake we were lucky Belichek wasn't a great drafter.

For the better part of 2 decades, this franchise has functioned like a gambling addict, who hasn't quite lost everything yet. The next GM, the next coach, the next draft, the next free agent to turn our luck.

Football's unique. Depth is paramount. Injuries and suspensions happen.

Let's just try something different and see how many picks we can turn one single draft pick into.

Just think if the AAF hadn't imploded and blessed us with all this talent. We would have 30 spots open right now. What did the front office plan on doing if the AAF hadn't got napalmed? That is what I am wondering.

After exchanging firsts, I'll take a second this year and picks next year.

Doesn't seem like we are going QB this year. Time to load up for 2020.

What's all the fuss about the 90 man roster?

It's pretty much the same for every team.

It's not like other orgs have stockpiles of

NFL roster worthy dudes stored

in a warehouse!

Bottom line. When it counts every team gets

53 on the active roster and 10 PC.

Don't worry about the 90!

I don't get it... Why are some peeps so concerned about the 90 man roster as if we're the only team far short of that??? Makes no sense. Every team has 53 + PC 10 = 63 effective on the roster. And of course it's ONLY the 53 that really matters. So what's the concern that we're short on the 90???

It's pretty much the same for every team. It's not like they have stockpiles of NFL roster worthy dudes stored in a warehouse!

:)

It's not concern at all, it's keeping track of how many more players we can realistically expect to see the team sign.

And it's also interesting to see the position breakdown and anticipate where the team might be aiming in the draft.

Just think if the AAF hadn't imploded and blessed us with all this talent. We would have 30 spots open right now. What did the front office plan on doing if the AAF hadn't got napalmed? That is what I am wondering.
Their championship game would have been on April 27th so the team is getting a jump on the process before the draft rather than after.

Back
Top Bottom