After Today's Signings, 23 Roster Spots Left | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Today's Signings, 23 Roster Spots Left

If they draft a QB in the first round, I will change my way of thinking. I don't think they are drafting one in the first though. They are stock piling pick in 2020. Thats when you will see the true "Rebuild" when we have the cap and picks to do it.

Oh, so this season is a practice rebuild......got it!

Rebuild started the day Gase was fired and not a second sooner or later.

Oh, so this season is a practice rebuild......got it!

Rebuild started the day Gase was fired and not a second sooner or later.

What have we rebuilt this offseason? Where have we gotten better from a roster stand point? Gase was let go cause he didnt want to go through this **** show.

Well if you think we are getting 3-4 quality starters from the draft then you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Well, that's exactly where this new front office is going to have to prove to themselves, the league and us fans that they are legitimate because its imperative that they, AT VERY LEAST, get a star with the #1 pick and 2 more solid starters from this draft.

I know that's far from an easy task but that is the situation that they are putting themselves in and that's what a rebuilding team does- builds through the draft.

Our cap is looking superb for us to be major players in the market next year.

Rowdy, they told us what to expect and how they were going to do things. You've got to give them credit in the sense that this is the plan they've decided to implement and so far they've stuck to the plan instead of half a$$ing it.

We should all be excited to see what our young guys ( Harris, Gesicki, etc) might turn into in the new systems and if we might find a diamond in the rough in one of these AAF signing (we all are aware of the long-shot there).

But it's the draft wherein we will know if we have a bright future.

Well, that's exactly where this new front office is going to have to prove to themselves, the league and us fans that they are legitimate because its imperative that they, AT VERY LEAST, get a star with the #1 pick and 2 more solid starters from this draft.

I know that's far from an easy task but that is the situation that they are putting themselves in and that's what a rebuilding team does- builds through the draft.

Our cap is looking superb for us to be major players in the market next year.

Rowdy, they told us what to expect and how they were going to do things. You've got to give them credit in the sense that this is the plan they've decided to implement and so far they've stuck to the plan instead of half a$$ing it.

We should all be excited to see what our young guys ( Harris, Gesicki, etc) might turn into in the new systems and if we might find a diamond in the rough in one of these AAF signing (we all are aware of the long-shot there).

But it's the draft wherein we will know if we have a bright future.

Oh I am excited about what is going on. I agree with what they are doing. I just look at from a different perspective. Ross basically came out and said they were tanking but they walked that back.

When I say 3-4 quality starters I am talking about next year. Hopefully we get 5-6 contributors from this draft but they aren't all contributing or filling holes next year. Its the long game with the draft.

Oh I am excited about what is going on. I agree with what they are doing. I just look at from a different perspective. Ross basically came out and said they were tanking but they walked that back.

No, that's what you heard because that's what you wanted to believe.

No Ross basically never ever said they were tanking.....ever.

All three Ross , Grier and Flores clarified the confusion.

No, that's what you heard because that's what you wanted to believe.

No Ross basically never ever said they were tanking.....ever.

All three Ross , Grier and Flores clarified the confusion.

haha "clarified the confusion". Like they are gonna come out and double down on tanking after Ross slipped up.

Armando even mentioned they talked about tanking in the interviews with potential head coaches.

Last edited by a moderator:

When I say 3-4 quality starters I am talking about next year. Hopefully we get 5-6 contributors from this draft but they aren't all contributing or filling holes next year. Its the long game with the draft.

Definitely the long game. And it's going to be difficult. We've got to, GOT TO hit in the drafts.

I can't get on board with the tanking jargon. These coaches are not going to implement their systems looking to be unsuccessful. They are not going to coach to be unsuccessful. They are going to try everything within their power to turn whatever roster we end up with into a contender as early as next year. And that should be the goal.

Is it looking like an impossible goal? More and more with each signing lol. But imagine, if you will, that the coaches are so good that they do have us in a playoff push after 1 year even before we bring in big FA signings. That would be amazing. FAs would want to come here. Draft picks will have a higher percentage of excelling on a formidable team.

Tanking does not exist.

Nothing has been rebuilt. Its been torn down further.
What exactly do you want / what were you expecting? for us to continue to sign high priced free agents - to make the team competitive? Thats what it feels like you are arguing towards. A rebuild is done through the draft (which hasn't happened yet) so what is with all this whining?

Definitely the long game. And it's going to be difficult. We've got to, GOT TO hit in the drafts.

I can't get on board with the tanking jargon. These coaches are not going to implement their systems looking to be unsuccessful. They are not going to coach to be unsuccessful. They are going to try everything within their power to turn whatever roster we end up with into a contender as early as next year. And that should be the goal.

Is it looking like an impossible goal? More and more with each signing lol. But imagine, if you will, that the coaches are so good that they do have us in a playoff push after 1 year even before we bring in big FA signings. That would be amazing. FAs would want to come here. Draft picks will have a higher percentage of excelling on a formidable team.

Tanking does not exist.

I completely agree with this. Coaches are gonna coach to win games. They have careers to uphold. I just think there is an agreement among the front office and coaching staff that says hey we aren't gonna give you much groceries to work with this year so do the best you can with it. 2019 isnt our goal. Your job is safe through next year because of the rebuild or whatever you want to call it. Armando said that "tanking" was mentioned in the interviews. They wanted someone that would go along with it.

Now if we are 1-10 and in competition with another team for that first overall pick, you best believe some "injuries" are gonna happen. I believe that would go on. For sure.

What exactly do you want / what were you expecting? for us to continue to sign high priced free agents - to make the team competitive? Thats what it feels like you are arguing towards. A rebuild is done through the draft (which hasn't happened yet) so what is with all this whining?

I am not whining at all. See above. I think the plan is to get our QB in the next draft. That's what we are working towards. My whole argument is the ones that think "tanking" is the craziest idea they have ever heard of. That there is no way that it is going on in any fashion.

I am not whining at all. See above. I think the plan is to get our QB in the next draft. That's what we are working towards. My whole argument is the ones that think "tanking" is the craziest idea they have ever heard of. That there is no way that it is going on in any fashion.
Looked to me like you were complaining we hadn't filled the roster with any 'starter' quality players to make us competitive

but i see the point in your post here. We are definitely going all in for a qb NEXT year and this year is a wash. tanking, rebuilding, call it whatever you want, but the owner doesnt care about winning this year

Looked to me like you were complaining we hadn't filled the roster with any 'starter' quality players to make us competitive

It might not look like it but I am actually excited in what they are doing. I was just stating they hadn't signed any starters for the "rebuild" guys. Nothing being built yet. Its still getting torn down (As it should).

That new process is to gut this team down to nothing and build it from the absolute bottom.

Seems to me, if this is true, Miami wouldn't have signed Fitzpatrick. There were better choices to "gut this team." Nor would they have resigned Parker. I'll agree, they don't seem to have signed any upgrades, but, OTOH, I see no position group that has significantly less talent ("gutted") than last year.

Back
Top Bottom