After Today's Signings, 23 Roster Spots Left | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Today's Signings, 23 Roster Spots Left

It's pretty much the same for every team. It's not like they have stockpiles of NFL roster worthy dudes stored in a warehouse!

B, I respectfully disagree. I have it on good authority that The New England Patriots have a warehouse in rural Person County N.C., where they have stockpiled enough talent in suspended animation to ensure that the dynasty will continue for the next 100 years. Also, here is an example of how they will keep Bill Belichick going for the foreseeable future.

225px-Richard_Nixon%27s_Head.jpg

The Ever Irreverent VIPER

It might not look like it but I am actually excited in what they are doing. I was just stating they hadn't signed any starters for the "rebuild" guys. Nothing being built yet. Its still getting torn down (As it should).
I'd have to agree here. What they have done so far is getting rid of the older guys and some bad contracts. They have gotten so draft picks that we didn't think they could get in trades. They're done a very good job of getting rid of players they needed to get rid of and as it stands now, we'll have at least 10 picks in 2020 but it's probably going to be 12 after we get comp picks for Wake and James, not to mention will have more than 120mill under the cap to work with.

So that part's been done the way it should have been done. Now they need to use the "picks & money" the right way. Lets see if they can bring in the right guys now.

Seems to me, if this is true, Miami wouldn't have signed Fitzpatrick. There were better choices to "gut this team." Nor would they have resigned Parker. I'll agree, they don't seem to have signed any upgrades, but, OTOH, I see no position group that has significantly less talent ("gutted") than last year.

The oline and dline took hits. Lost James and Sitton on the oline.

Wake and Quinn on the dline.

I am not saying that these moves shouldn't have been made but we didnt do anything to fill them either. Not even a bargain bin starter. Not even a cheap backup for Wake or Quinn or James. We did bring in the Jags dude to maybe fill in for Sitton but that seems more like a competition signing.

Bunch of dudes that will only get game run in the 4th preseason game

The oline and dline took hits. Lost James and Sitton on the oline.

Wake and Quinn on the dline.

I am not saying that these moves shouldn't have been made but we didnt do anything to fill them either. Not even a bargain bin starter. Not even a cheap backup for Wake or Quinn or James. We did bring in the Jags dude to maybe fill in for Sitton but that seems more like a competition signing.

The consensus here seemed to be Wake was, at best, a situational guy and Quinn was seen as average at best, but overpaid. Losses for sure, but I don't see those losses as equating to 2-3 more losses. Sitton played one game, therefore I can't count him as a loss. James? I can accept that as a significant loss, but, as 1/5 of a position group, not much.

Although you didn't mention, Gore, Branch, Tannehill and others I don't count as significant losses. Yeah, position groups have been nicked, but significant losses? Not knowing what the future holds, *IF* Minkah moves to FS even MOST of the time, I'd say safeties have been upgraded.

I can see Dwayne Allen and Chris Reed in the mix for starting positions. Their positions are kind of barren at the moment

I don't get it... Why are some peeps so concerned about the 90 man roster as if we're the only team far short of that??? Makes no sense. Every team has 53 + PC 10 = 63 effective on the roster. And of course it's ONLY the 53 that really matters. So what's the concern that we're short on the 90???

It's pretty much the same for every team. It's not like they have stockpiles of NFL roster worthy dudes stored in a warehouse!

After the draft and UDFA -- we'll have a surplus!

:)
I do not think people are concerned or worried. More interested and curious. However, the more people we need, the lower down the "better player chart" we go for our signings.

Back
Top Bottom