After watching more film.... Rank the 3 WRs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After watching more film.... Rank the 3 WRs

How do you rank the 3 WRs....

• 1 Chase.... 2 Smith...... 3 Waddle

Votes: 70 30.0%
  • 1 Chase.... 2 Waddle..... 3 Smith

Votes: 55 23.6%
  • 1 Smith..... 2 Chase..... 3 Waddle

Votes: 65 27.9%
  • 1 Smith..... 2 Waddle.... 3 Chase

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 1 Waddle.. 2 Chase.... 3 Smith

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • 1 Waddle.. 2 Smith.... 3 Chase

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters
Smith is so freaking smooth. The guy doesn’t run he glides! It’s crazy the ONLY knock on him is his “weight.” Hilariously, not anything on tape! Not his release tech, not top of route, not a polity to seperate, not ability to high point, not ability to setup...not his head, shoulders or hips....

Once more his biggest knock is his weight. Which btw didn’t effect him one bit as he was eating the nations best defenders week in and week out like frosty flakes!

Smith on the board at 6? Dolphins better run that card up as soon as they can.

I may be in the minority but the whole Dolphins not falling in love with one player thing is a little odd to me. Pitts, Smith, Waddle, and Chase aren't the same player. I would consider it almost a disservice for the front office to just let either of the 4 fall to them. I would hope that they have done their due diligence and have ranked these guys and have a clear cut number 1. That is of course if they are going to take a WR/Playmaker. Being undecided about ranking these guys is our job as fans. The GM and coach get paid to make these tough decisions. Just my humble opinion.

With that being said, my ranking changes daily. I would probably go Pitts, Smith, Chase, Waddle right now.

Smith is so freaking smooth. The guy doesn’t run he glides! It’s crazy the ONLY knock on him is his “weight.” Hilariously, not anything on tape! Not his release tech, not top of route, not a polity to seperate, not ability to high point, not ability to setup...not his head, shoulders or hips....

Once more his biggest knock is his weight. Which btw didn’t effect him one bit as he was eating the nations best defenders week in and week out like frosty flakes!

Smith on the board at 6? Dolphins better run that card up as soon as they can.
IMO, Smith's biggest issue for most detractors here is the school he attended

I may be in the minority but the whole Dolphins not falling in love with one player thing is a little odd to me. Pitts, Smith, Waddle, and Chase aren't the same player. I would consider it almost a disservice for the front office to just let either of the 4 fall to them. I would hope that they have done their due diligence and have ranked these guys and have a clear cut number 1. That is of course if they are going to take a WR/Playmaker. Being undecided about ranking these guys is our job as fans. The GM and coach get paid to make these tough decisions. Just my humble opinion.

With that being said, my ranking changes daily. I would probably go Pitts, Smith, Chase, Waddle right now.

Partly agree. All 4 have their unique qualities. All 4 have some concerns. I don't doubt at least 3 of them are very close in Miami's ranking with considerations for uniqueness. Which of those qualities Miami ranks highest beyond me. My top demand is separation, but I have no idea how Miami sees it. I'll be happy with any of the four though I'd prefer trading down as my 1st choice. I wouldn't be shocked if Parsons is Miami's 1st pick, but hope it's receiver

I wouldn't be surprised with a Parsons or Sewell pick either. That would suggest the trade down was about not being infatuated with any of the WRs enough to take one at 6 and probably signal us taking one with one of the next 2 picks. Would prefer a playmaker myself though.

Not sure he’s “raw” he actually was outproducing smith before he got hurt.
Sounds impressive, just not accurate. Waddle outproduced Smith the first two games of the season, but not the next two.

Unless you are claiming that 12 rec, 281 yards, 1 TD is more productive than 24 rec, 331 yards, 4 TDs (1 rush)

I get your post. But post like this always leaves me scratching my head. You don't think the organization has:

1) Done their due diligience?
2) Have a rank in terms of preference 1 through 4?
3) Have contengiency plans in place if things happen before they get to # 6 etc

Moreover, i'd expect the Dolphins have plans that go beyond the recieving options. Plans that assess both sides of the ball at all positions.

IMO, Smith's biggest issue for most detractors here is the school he attended

That's really unfortunate! Everything about the guy from what i've heard of his work ethic and more importantly, what he's put on tape, suggests he should have success at the next level.

I'm willing to take that calculated risk!

Last edited:
I expect the Bengals to select Chase, so it really comes down to Smith and Waddle. I will be happy with either one of them.

It's weird how fast the conversation degrades when talking about WR in draft. Kinda like mindless animals...interesting to say the least.

I look forward to the day after the draft, when we once again become one as we stand behind those in Dolphin jerseys whomever they may be.
c3549d16.gif

That's what makes Finheaven fun. I can't speculate but everyone else can.
Well, there's speculation, and then there's speculation stated as fact.

I've never seen anyone called out for speculation, stated as such.

I think Chase has a chance to be a truly elite #1, but it still slightly raw. His ceiling is super high, but his floor is also low due to his relatively limited experience.

I think Smith is polished, but smaller, and I do worry that he will get hurt. I think barring injuries he will be a good to very good NFL receiver though, I think the only bust factor here is injury. If Smith had played at 180, I'd want him to be our pick.

I think Waddle is very fast, and very raw. He could be really good, but he doesn't have that many snaps, he's coming off and injury, and he's a speed merchant. I think his ceiling is nearly as high as Chase's, but he is less versatile, and his floor is very low.

I honestly don't think any of these guys will be outright busts, but at pick 6, I'd prefer Chase to the other two, because I think his potential is higher.

Back
Top Bottom