After watching more film.... Rank the 3 WRs | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After watching more film.... Rank the 3 WRs

How do you rank the 3 WRs....

• 1 Chase.... 2 Smith...... 3 Waddle

Votes: 70 30.0%
  • 1 Chase.... 2 Waddle..... 3 Smith

Votes: 55 23.6%
  • 1 Smith..... 2 Chase..... 3 Waddle

Votes: 65 27.9%
  • 1 Smith..... 2 Waddle.... 3 Chase

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 1 Waddle.. 2 Chase.... 3 Smith

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • 1 Waddle.. 2 Smith.... 3 Chase

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters
So you got nothing?
What do you mean?

Does Devonta Smith have number one overall locked up? Top 5....top 10?

Is he a prototype specimen at his position?

No...he is an extremely skinny example of a top ten pick receiver...not even pro type height in today’s NFL.

What do you mean?

No...he is an extremely skinny example of a top ten pick receiver...not even pro type height in today’s NFL.

You want to rag on one player for not showing up but give the other pass for the same thing?

You want to rag on one player for not showing up but give the other pass for the same thing?
I’m simply saying....Chase Young was prototype....Smith physically is not and it would have been possibly beneficial to his draft stock to complete his pro day....

I’m simply saying....Chase Young was prototype....Smith physically is not and it would have been possibly beneficial to his draft stock to complete his pro day....

No you’re simply trying to talk for both sides of your A$$!

Not at all...My point was clear, you have nothing to contradict it.

Your point was full of contradiction. You accuse one player of hiding something because he doesn’t participate in pajamas leagues while the player gets an okay.

Where I’m from that’s talking from both the left and right cheeks with crap right down the middle.

What do you mean?

He’s taller than Chase or Waddle with a much longer wingspan (78.5 inches)

Your point was full of contradiction. You accuse one player of hiding something because he doesn’t participate in pajamas leagues while the player gets an okay.

Where I’m from that’s talking from both the left and right cheeks with crap right down the middle.
I didn’t say I respected Young for not testing....just that he was already told he was a top pick and where he was going....nobody had the questions physically about Young that they have about Smith?

Smith might very possibly drop out of the top ten, that’s not just my opinion but many respected others.

Voted Smith-Chase-Waddle for the Fins at #6... That order would probably change depending on which team we're talking about. Whats really interesting here is I think all 3 have pretty similar odds of being top notch players, but are completely different in terms of skillset. So for me it becomes a matter of fit.

What does the Fins offense lack? What are the strenghts of the Fins QB? And how does the Fins offense intend to move the ball?

Accuracy and quick release are basically Tua's bread and butter elite traits. He's very comfortable in RPO concepts, can go through reads with eye discipline and good timing but he also doesnt like to force plays. Im pretty sure if you give him time, he'd get there and learn the intricacies of gun slinging but there's really no point in doing that IMO.

The Fins offense right now is built with pretty much all tall guys who's strenght are catch radius and contested catch but have trouble creating separation. They pretty much all require "forced throws" to be efficient. There are 2 guys on this team who can separate well, one cant catch and the other hasnt played football in a while and getting close to the "sorry but we are going younger" age.

This is why I think Smith is the best fit for this team, his skillset aligns perfectly with what the Fins lack and what Tua excels at and Im not even getting into the fact they've already played together. J-off(IIRC) made a point about Smith being the most ponctual of the bunch. I though that term, which was the first time I ever recalled being brought up, was perfect for Smith. Smith is where he needs to be when he needs to be, and for the most part, so is Tua.

Chase might be a better overall WR than Smith when its all said and done, I wouldnt bet against it. But I dont think he'll be happy in a bang bang offense, Chase will thrive with a QB who goes to him everytime he's one on one no matter how covered he looks and he'll thrive doing it. If the Fins had drafted Herbert, He'd be #1 on my ranking here. Herbert's game is alot more likely to to make Chase as good as he's supposed to be, timing here really doesnt matter, Herbert relies on his arm strenght to get there on time alot more than anticipation. Herbert isnt thinking of where his WR is going to be 3 steps from now, he's ripping it to where he is now, which fits into Chase's game.

The only reason Waddle is 3rd here is because the Fins arent quite ready for Waddle IMO. Not sure how to explain this in a coherent set of words but I feel like Waddle would be a sizeable upgrade over Wilson, which is a very nice thing, but at #6 I think you want to upgrade over Parker and Williams first. Trading up from #18 to grab Waddle(or Smith) if he falls, if you picked Pitts or Smith is really how you boost your offense exponentially while also justifying the Waddle pick. This is the absoltute homerun 1st for the Fins IMO. This is how you **** Buffalo up, not with LBs and RBs.
Excellent post! I was a little undecided, but this helped me understand why Smith might be a better choice for us than Chase. As for #18, I have been mulling over the thought of taking Etienne instead of Harris if they are both available, but as you said, maybe trying to grab Waddle in a trade-up (if the price is right) would be the way to go. Pitts at #6 is still my hope, but I would be lying mofo if I didn't say Smith and Waddle in Miami wouldn't be awesome either.

I may be in the minority but the whole Dolphins not falling in love with one player thing is a little odd to me. Pitts, Smith, Waddle, and Chase aren't the same player. I would consider it almost a disservice for the front office to just let either of the 4 fall to them. I would hope that they have done their due diligence and have ranked these guys and have a clear cut number 1. That is of course if they are going to take a WR/Playmaker. Being undecided about ranking these guys is our job as fans. The GM and coach get paid to make these tough decisions. Just my humble opinion.

With that being said, my ranking changes daily. I would probably go Pitts, Smith, Chase, Waddle right now.
I disagree man, scouts and GMs can change their rankings leading up to the draft.

This and Running back is not an easy class to rank this year.

Voted Smith-Chase-Waddle for the Fins at #6... That order would probably change depending on which team we're talking about. Whats really interesting here is I think all 3 have pretty similar odds of being top notch players, but are completely different in terms of skillset. So for me it becomes a matter of fit.

What does the Fins offense lack? What are the strenghts of the Fins QB? And how does the Fins offense intend to move the ball?

Accuracy and quick release are basically Tua's bread and butter elite traits. He's very comfortable in RPO concepts, can go through reads with eye discipline and good timing but he also doesnt like to force plays. Im pretty sure if you give him time, he'd get there and learn the intricacies of gun slinging but there's really no point in doing that IMO.

The Fins offense right now is built with pretty much all tall guys who's strenght are catch radius and contested catch but have trouble creating separation. They pretty much all require "forced throws" to be efficient. There are 2 guys on this team who can separate well, one cant catch and the other hasnt played football in a while and getting close to the "sorry but we are going younger" age.

This is why I think Smith is the best fit for this team, his skillset aligns perfectly with what the Fins lack and what Tua excels at and Im not even getting into the fact they've already played together. J-off(IIRC) made a point about Smith being the most ponctual of the bunch. I though that term, which was the first time I ever recalled being brought up, was perfect for Smith. Smith is where he needs to be when he needs to be, and for the most part, so is Tua.

Chase might be a better overall WR than Smith when its all said and done, I wouldnt bet against it. But I dont think he'll be happy in a bang bang offense, Chase will thrive with a QB who goes to him everytime he's one on one no matter how covered he looks and he'll thrive doing it. If the Fins had drafted Herbert, He'd be #1 on my ranking here. Herbert's game is alot more likely to to make Chase as good as he's supposed to be, timing here really doesnt matter, Herbert relies on his arm strenght to get there on time alot more than anticipation. Herbert isnt thinking of where his WR is going to be 3 steps from now, he's ripping it to where he is now, which fits into Chase's game.

The only reason Waddle is 3rd here is because the Fins arent quite ready for Waddle IMO. Not sure how to explain this in a coherent set of words but I feel like Waddle would be a sizeable upgrade over Wilson, which is a very nice thing, but at #6 I think you want to upgrade over Parker and Williams first. Trading up from #18 to grab Waddle(or Smith) if he falls, if you picked Pitts or Smith is really how you boost your offense exponentially while also justifying the Waddle pick. This is the absoltute homerun 1st for the Fins IMO. This is how you **** Buffalo up, not with LBs and RBs.
Such a good post..

Do all Kyle Pitts fans sabotage any and every conversation, even if it doesn’t mention Pitts at all? I can’t help but notice that they’ll start an argument, banging the table for Pitts, on any thread. You could start a thread ranking the punters, and someone would say “hopefully Pitts lasts til the 7th, cause I’ll take him before any of these punters.”

Anyways, I went Smith, Chase, Waddle. But they’re all close for me. Even Pitts

Do all Kyle Pitts fans sabotage any and every conversation, even if it doesn’t mention Pitts at all? I can’t help but notice that they’ll start an argument, banging the table for Pitts, on any thread. You could start a thread ranking the punters, and someone would say “hopefully Pitts lasts til the 7th, cause I’ll take him before any of these punters.”

Anyways, I went Smith, Chase, Waddle. But they’re all close for me. Even Pitts
Pitts is the greatest football player to ever set foot on a field. Multiple Super Bowls await the team that drafts him.

Back
Top Bottom