After watching the game, here's my take.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After watching the game, here's my take..

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I couldn't watch it the other nite cos I was working but I just saw the replay and I feel better now. Tampa had a game under their belt already and they're a good team to begin with of course.Anyway, here's my take.

I think Griese actually did ok considering that it was his first game ever with us and it was Tampa's 2nd game already. That 6 for 8 for 47 should have been 6 for 7 and a TD as CC should have made that catch but oh well.I think Minor looked good too. I'm not gonna worry about our defence as we all know what they can do.

Sage did a good job too. Tolver is gonna make this team and I'm happy about it. Simmons, I hope he's ok cos he'll make it too imo.The young kids on the o-line did a pretty good job too. Jenkins will make the team too as he also played good.

Overall, not bad for our first game considering again that they had played one already.I think Lee will help us this year at TE. And speaking of TE's, Randy needs to protect the ball as they all do.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
I couldn't watch it the other nite cos I was working but I just saw the replay and I feel better now. Tampa had a game under their belt already and they're a good team to begin with of course.Anyway, here's my take.

I think Griese actually did ok considering that it was his first game ever with us and it was Tampa's 2nd game already. That 6 for 8 for 47 should have been 6 for 7 and a TD as CC should have made that catch but oh well.I think Minor looked good too. I'm not gonna worry about our defence as we all know what they can do.

Sage did a good job too. Tolver is gonna make this team and I'm happy about it. Simmons, I hope he's ok cos he'll make it too imo.The young kids on the o-line did a pretty good job too. Jenkins will make the team too as he also played good.

Overall, not bad for our first game considering again that they had played one already.I think Lee will help us this year at TE. And speaking of TE's, Randy needs to protect the ball as they all do.

Ozzy rules!!

I thought the defender who knocked the ball out of McMichaels hands actually kicked it out. The defenders foot hit Randy's head. I don't know how you prepare for that. :D

I'll say this, the REFS were awful on Friday.

Oliver...

I agree that the refs were terrible Oliver. How about the face mask on the Rodger's return? That was horrible.

Ozzy rules!!
18 more days till the ozzfest!

I agree that the refs were terrible Oliver. How about the face mask on the Rodger's return? That was horrible.

Ozzy rules!!

This is going to come off as b!tching, but I don't care, they were awful.

1st Charlie Rogers almost gets his head twisted off. 2nd Chambers gets hit early from behind by #25 Brian Kelly on the pass play where the ball hit his facemask. 3rd McMichales gets kicked in the face from a player who is on the ground. 4th some Bucs defender was 3 yards behind the LOS when the ball was snapped and the REFS called nothing.

We are damn lucky we didn't lose more players last night. Those REFS were allowing alot of things that make for an even more dangerous football game than normal.

Oliver....

Ozzy rules!!

Also the late hit on Travis minor when he had a good run for about 10 yards and then got hit late by a cornerback, and minor tried to escape it but still ogt hit... Refs sucked at the game...

Ozzy rules!!
I forgot about that blown facemask call. Rogers had a big hole and looked like it was going to be a huge gain. Had we scored on that drive b/c of the better field position, that could have really changed the course of the game, and obviously a lot of opinions too..

Originally posted by Oliver

This is going to come off as b!tching, but I don't care, they were awful.

1st Charlie Rogers almost gets his head twisted off. 2nd Chambers gets hit early from behind by #25 Brian Kelly on the pass play where the ball hit his facemask. 3rd McMichales gets kicked in the face from a player who is on the ground. 4th some Bucs defender was 3 yards behind the LOS when the ball was snapped and the REFS called nothing.

We are damn lucky we didn't lose more players last night. Those REFS were allowing alot of things that make for an even more dangerous football game than normal.

Oliver....

Very true. Some horrble officiating Friday Night. It's Pre-Season for all.

Well, I didn't see it but heard the commentators talking about it from wqam.

I watched the Giants/Patsies game and saw some really bad calls there to. The Giants got nailed for a pass interference (a P.I. call in New England? No way, not possible) for a ball that was impossible to catch.

But it's preseason for everyone, even the ref's.

Originally posted by IceStorm
Well, I didn't see it but heard the commentators talking about it from wqam.

I watched the Giants/Patsies game and saw some really bad calls there to. The Giants got nailed for a pass interference (a P.I. call in New England? No way, not possible) for a ball that was impossible to catch.

But it's preseason for everyone, even the ref's.

I saw that play too, the ball landed like 5-yards out of bounds and like 10-yards in front of the WR/DB. Crazy call!

I think missing the facemask and the kick to McMichaels face are very concerning. These TWO plays could have caused serious injury to Charlie Rogers and McMichael.

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolfans1988

Also the late hit on Travis minor when he had a good run for about 10 yards and then got hit late by a cornerback, and minor tried to escape it but still ogt hit... Refs sucked at the game...

There were two penalties called on that play. Both on Tampa..a PF face mask penalty was accepted and the late hit out of bounds was declined.....They DID call that late hit.

Back
Top Bottom