After Watching Two Games, Who Makes The Final 53? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Watching Two Games, Who Makes The Final 53?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know we'll know much more after the next game of course but just wanted to see what everyone is thinking at this point. It's not easy to predict the final 53 this year with a new coaching staff and lots of players lining up with the 1's and the 2's.

Do we keep 4 RB?
Do we keep 3 TE's or 4?
Do we keep 6 WR's?
Do we keep 11 DB's or maybe even 12?

I believe at least one or two guys that will be on the team week one are not even on the team right now)specially O-line guys)

Anyway, I'll give it a try but I know I'll change my mind on some after the next game.

QB-Rosen, RF

RB- Drake, Ballage, Laird(yes I think he'll make it)
Gaskin. I believe we'll start with 4 since Drake is hurt
FB-Cox

WR-Stills(if we don't move him) Parker, Wilson,Williams,Ford.......Grant starts on PUP

TE- Gesicki, Waldorf(this is my surprise here but I think he's done well in both games) Allen, Smythe

O-line- Tunsil,Deiter,Kilgore,Calhun,Davis,Reed,Prince........and one more guy or two not on the roster right now.

K-Sanders
p-Haack
LS-Denney

D-line- Wilkins,Godchaux,Harris,Carradine, Hendrix,Taylor,Orchard,Ledbetter

LB-Eguavoen,AVG,Baker, RM,Alonso,Watson,Hanks

DB-Minkah,TJM,Jones.McCain,Howard,Rowe,Armstrong,Davis,Lammons,Aikens,Mctyer

Like I said, this will change of course but wanted to see where we were at. I know we'll carry at least 8 O-line guys and I have 7 listed so one guy would have to come off another position to make room.

Didn't see Wiltz. Think he makes it.

Grant can't start on PUP as he already has been apart of camp. IR with return designation is the only way. But I think those are the 6 that make the final roster.

Everything else is up in the air. The TE group the locks are Allen, Gesicki and Smythe . . . We could roll with 3 or 4 or 5 after that.

Same with the backs . . . After Drake and Ballage, it's up in the air, but with the Drake injury we are likely to keep an extra guy here so 5 sounds proper (including the FB). I think the Drake injury favors Walton a lot as he is already a seasoned third down back capable of blitz pickups and a threat in the passing game.

Didn't see Wiltz. Think he makes it.

Grant can't start on PUP as he already has been apart of camp. IR with return designation is the only way. But I think those are the 6 that make the final roster.

Everything else is up in the air. The TE group the locks are Allen, Gesicki and Smythe . . . We could roll with 3 or 4 or 5 after that.

Same with the backs . . . After Drake and Ballage, it's up in the air, but with the Drake injury we are likely to keep an extra guy here so 5 sounds proper (including the FB). I think the Drake injury favors Walton a lot as he is already a seasoned third down back capable of blitz pickups and a threat in the passing game.
You dont think O'Leary makes it at TE?

I think chandler cox is a real tough decision.

Isiah ford should be on tbe 53. I no longer see it as a tough decision. That’s the 6th wr barring a trade if we keep 6.

Deciding to keep 6 or 7 lbs is gonna be tough.

Walton and gaskins another tough one. I think they keep both maybe due to attrition.

I think I’d only keep 4 des.

I’d project 4 tes 6 WRs and 4 RBs. I think all qualify as part of your best 53.

2 QBs.

There’s no way they should carry hanks. That kids lost p squad yeah maybe. Watson is a tough one but I think I’d lean p squad he’s not ready

Waldorfs an easy cut.

All those guys that finished that game have the Turk written all over them.

P squaders and cuts.

And they should.

McMillian is gone you think? Is Tankersley cut I have seen nothing on him?

Working from your list Danny-

I don’t see the following making it-

Walford - ps the young TE from Temple.
Laird - someone goes to PS or two temporarily in case you need one to be active depth because of Drake injury for a week etc...
Hanks

Don’t think will keep that many LB’s, I really like the competition at the DB group and I’m leaning to keep as many as possible, need as many bodies as possible there. Agree with Kdawg that Wiltz makes it. Ford also I hope.

Prince probably goes to PS but I lean to keep him on the 53 possibly and I lean Gaskin over Walton and not both.

We should bump the thread after Thursday and refine our thoughts some.

The guy that I’m worried about and should be worried is Vincent Taylor. Unless they are just easing him in due to coming back from injury.

The usage rate and when he’s being used is a red flag imo

Back
Top Bottom