After Watching Two Games, Who Makes The Final 53? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Watching Two Games, Who Makes The Final 53?

What happen to Jakeem Grant? why is he starting PUP? i feel like a missed something

Ford and Butler fighting it out - Ford has 1 year of practice squad availability left - Trenton Williams shows anything it may keep him off the practice squad if not then some else who can play slot has a shot maybe Hurns - receiver playing slot going to have a big job this year with offensive line being what it is, not sure that Ford or Butler is that guy you only need so many outside guys and while Stills can play there he is not a true slot guy.

What happen to Jakeem Grant? why is he starting PUP? i feel like a missed something

Ford and Butler fighting it out - Ford has 1 year of practice squad availability left - Trenton Williams shows anything it may keep him off the practice squad if not then some else who can play slot has a shot maybe Hurns - receiver playing slot going to have a big job this year with offensive line being what it is, not sure that Ford or Butler is that guy you only need so many outside guys and while Stills can play there he is not a true slot guy.

Grant got hurt in camp, hamstring I believe, remember injury news is limited.

I go wit Ford over Butler if it comes to that...

Barry Jackson‏Verified account @flasportsbuzz

During final two weeks of preseason NFL teams are required to either 1)allow reporters in locker room or 2) open up full practice to reporters ..Dolphins have chosen Door No. 1. So beyond open first 30 minutes of practice, Dolphin reporter practice tweets are over

No more tweet's

The team haven't said if he'll go on IR......I'm just saying that where I think he'll start the season based on the fact he hasn't even been close to being in the first two games.

Honestly 90% of this roster is locked in.

QB 1-2
Fitz, Rosen
RB 3-8
Drake, Ballage, Gaskins, Walton, Cox
TE 9-12
Gesicki, Oleary, Allen, Smythe
WR 13-18
Parker, Stills, Grant, Wlison, Williams, Ford
OL 19-27
Tunsil, Deiter, Kilgore, Calhoun, Davis, Reed, Prince, Jones-Smith, Dunn
DT 28-31
Wilkins, Godchaux, Spence, Taylor
DL 32-35
Hendrix, Ledbetter, Harris, Carradine
LB 36-41
Baker, Mcmillan, Alonso, AVG, Equavoen, Deluca
CB 42-46
Howard, Rowe, Fitz, Wilz, Armstrong
S 47-50
Mccain, Mcdonald, Jones, Aikens
Spec Teams 51-53
Sanders, Haack, Denney

I think Nkemdiche will come in for Hendrix when healthy.

O'Leary will probably make it because he can play FB as well and QB friendly. I highly doubt that Kiko will make this team and if McMillan makes it, he will be playing just a few snaps per game.

QB 1-2
Fitz, Rosen
RB 3-8
TE 9-12
WR 13-18
OL 19-27
DT 28-31
DL 32-35
LB 36-41
CB 42-46
S 47-50
Spec Teams 51-53
Sanders, Haack, Denney

I don't know about Dunn and DeLuca, but that is a damned good attempt at a 53 man roster. I notice that you don't have Hurns, but we have seen very little to date. I was impressed with both Laird and Farrow on Friday night. Gaskin and Walton are not locks. I kind of hope that Laird gets a shot. Don't forget that Kenneth Farrow has the New England experience like Eric Rowe and Jomal Wiltz, even though he was only on the practice squad. He wouldn't be here competing if Flores and O'Shea didn't at least like him. Also wouldn't be surprised if they found spots for Nate Orchard and Adolphus Washington.

Last edited:

QB 1-2
Fitz, Rosen
RB 3-8
TE 9-12
WR 13-18
OL 19-27
DT 28-31
DL 32-35
LB 36-41
CB 42-46
S 47-50
Spec Teams 51-53
Sanders, Haack, Denney

you only have 9 DB's but this staff will carry at least 10 or 11 and maybe even 12.
Can't see your last two O-line guys making it or at least I can't see them being on the team week one.

Gaskin and Walton are not locks.
Totally agree. I actually think that Laird fits what we want to do better but we'll see. Gaskin has the advantage that he was drafted by this FO/HC but if they keep it fair then that might not matter.

Jalen Davis has been horrible. Don't see how he makes the cut. I see Hanks on the practice squad if anything. Otherwise I would have to agree with your roster.

QB 1-2
Fitz, Rosen
RB 3-8
TE 9-12
WR 13-18
OL 19-27
DT 28-31
DL 32-35
LB 36-41
CB 42-46
S 47-50
Spec Teams 51-53
Sanders, Haack, Denney

Orchard will make the 53. He has performed well. Also DL Adolphus Washington is a wild card. He played very well vs. Tampa Bay.

Some of these players who are injured every damn year need to go (DeVante comes to mind). We're wasting time with injury prone players like him.

Jalen Davis has been horrible. Don't see how he makes the cut. I see Hanks on the practice squad if anything. Otherwise I would have to agree with your roster.
It’s Real disappointing he hasn’t flashed more, I had a strong conviction he would.

You don't really understand the lack of talent on this team until you see it on paper. Good lord it's the least talented team I have ever seen from the Dolphins and it's not even close. That 2007 team looks like the 85 bears in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom