Ahh yes... Another sign of the Patriots impending fall. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahh yes... Another sign of the Patriots impending fall.

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3489046

Tom "Its all about team" has balked at a 6 year 60 million dollar contract extention proposal. Its going to be "all about Brady" soon, and then comes the fall from grace. Good things cant last forever?

Its time for Dolphin dominance in the AFC EAST! :D

Belichick should do what he always does and just cut the guy that wants a lot of money and sign a cheap replacement. :D

I loved that article too man. The Pats are having a rough offseason.

SkapePhin said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3489046

Tom "Its all about team" has balked at a 6 year 60 million dollar contract extention proposal. Its going to be "all about Brady" soon, and then comes the fall from grace. Good things cant last forever?

Its time for Dolphin dominance in the AFC EAST! :D

I'm not that surprised Brady wants more money. People talk about how players go to NE for less becuase of the organization. That's false. It may be a good organization, but some ex-Pats don't think so (Glenn, Milloy, Law, but they got greedy). The point is, most players go to the Pats to win a Super Bowl, and once they win, most don't want to stick around when their contract is over.

Once you win the Super Bowl your career goal is met, and whenever you retire you will be a Champion. Brady has 3 rings, more than some of the greatest QBs ever. Do you honestly think after winning 3 Super Bowls that he doesn't want to be paid as much as Manning or Vick?

Nublar7 said:
Belichick should do what he always does and just cut the guy that wants a lot of money and sign a cheap replacement. :D

Despite coaching...you cant cut the guy that puts up great numbers and carried that team to 3 superbowls

I don't blame Brady at all. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that his first few seasons as a starting QB are the most succesful for any QB in NFL history. All this guy does is win, which shows that he really may be the most valuable player in the league. Brady wouldn't be as succesful without the Patriots, but the Patriots wouldn't be as succesful without Brady. He's due a massive paycheck, he deserves it when compared to the other salaries in the league.

ChambersWI said:
I'm not that surprised Brady wants more money.
Brady doesn't want more money. He's already agreed to the amount of money he's getting, he just hasn't agreed to the payment schedule.

$10 million a year for a QB as good as Brady is DOES constitute taking less than full market value.

By comparison, Manning's deal averages $14 millino a year, and Vick gets $13 million a year.

The Patriots and Brady will get this deal done, and I'm betting that they'll structure it as to create some immediate cap space.

it will get done...and he is willing to accept less than Vick and Manning...I heard he turned it down because they wanted the signing bonus amortized over four years and terminated if he gets hurt or loses the job in say the third year.

Back
Top Bottom