Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark Sanchez | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark Sanchez

Yes, thatis the same as comparing Den's Defense to the D we faced last week:rolleyes2:

whenever you bash the Jets I always feel good, it makes me feel confident.

Junc, it doesn't matter. YOu are as good as you last game or the season you are playing in. Brady won superbowls a long time ago now. Those mean nothing today. Just like making last years SFC title game means nothing this year. Sanchez has regressed. Is he terrible? no is he playing below avg? yes

Junc, it doesn't matter. YOu are as good as you last game or the season you are playing in. Brady won superbowls a long time ago now. Those mean nothing today. Just like making last years SFC title game means nothing this year. Sanchez has regressed. Is he terrible? no is he playing below avg? yes
Then Matt Moore is among the best in NFL

He and the pass O bailed out the D and running game probably more than the other way around last year.

This year the running game has been bad most of the year as well as the OL. It's hard to perform, w/ that said he hasn't stepped up either. He has taken a step back w/o a doubt but he's not a bad QB.

What does Den's D last year have to do w/ this year? Their D hasn't been awful this year but it doesn't matter, our O and QB are in a funk. It happens, just like last year when we got shut down by Miami in Dec. I'm confident Mark and the O will bounce back just like they did last year.

The Pats D is much better than the stats, they allow about the same # of points per game as our supposed top defense.
---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Considering we haven't had a great defense and our running game last year was not great I'm not sure I understand your point

here you are basically saying stats dont matter and to overlook them, meanwhile everytime you are over here defending the jets defense or sanchez or talking about how the jets rushing attack wasnt that amazing sanchez rookie year compared to this team and that team and this stat and another stat, yet now you want to say to overlook the stats and that dont mean as much

however you want to look at it, the Pats defense is not good, they are below average is the kindest thing i will say, now their secondary, that is way below average and bad, amongst missing some of their starting corners and safeties that game and had a WR playing corner..... either way that defense is lets say to be kind and in the middle, below average to mediocre at best, and what did Sanchez do against a below average to mediocre at best defense, he played and performed below average and mediocre at best, take some of the better QBs and they elevate their play against those kind of defenses, meanwhile sanchez still looked lost and could not take advantage of that situation, Fitzpatrick as a comparison who we are now seeing as a fraud and exactly who we thought he was, tore that defense and secondary apart

Fitzpatrick situation reminds me a bit of Sanchez, when the Bills were 5-2 it was a big combination of the Bills defense getting alot of turnovers and pressuring the QB, the O-Line performing well and blocking well for fitz and the running game, Fred Jackson having a career year ala thomas jones, and as we have seen recently with the Bills, their defense isnt creating turnovers anymore, their O-Line has had some injuries and cant dominate anymore, fred jackson has fell back to earth slightyl, and now looks at Fitz turnover machine deer in headlights

I just want a reason or explanation as to what sets Sanchez apart from someone like Fitz or other mediocre to below average QBs? and dont give me the 4 playoff wins, and AFC title game (losses) and O-Line or Shottenheimer, im talking about regular season and the way he is playing right now and the bad performances he frequently has and all the inconsistency he has shown

What I find amusing is this, some were drooling over Luck, now we have a QB playing lights out right in front of us, and it's he's not the future, he's not this he's not that. LMAO. Oh the sanity. So what he has to lead us to the superbowl for us to want him being the franchise? Please go back and look at Brady's statistics his first few years starting, he didn't exactly set the world on fire. I want to know, if you are not drafted in the first round of the draft, than you can't be a franchise QB??

I blame all equally, I never just blame the O or just blame the D but when I see people acting like we have a great D I have to speak the truth. Our D is good to very good, not close to great.

Sanchez has been really good in postseason, postseason is where we see the best teams so explain how he "craps the bed" every time he plays a good team?

yes, the guy that inherited a franchise w/ no QB and hadn't won a playoff game in 5 years then leading them w/ a rookie and 2nd yr QB to title games clearly is holding this franchise back:lol:

Putting aside the incredibly serious injury and the advanced age(in football years) of peyton how in the world could we acquire him w/ his pricetag and the pricetag of Indy getting picks back for him? Sanchez will never be Peyton but you don't need a Peyton to win or esle he'd have many more than just the one title(where he was not good in that playoff run).

If you were to ever get arrested, before contacting a lawyer, you should first call NYjunc.

What I find amusing is this, some were drooling over Luck, now we have a QB playing lights out right in front of us, and it's he's not the future, he's not this he's not that. LMAO. Oh the sanity. So what he has to lead us to the superbowl for us to want him being the franchise? Please go back and look at Brady's statistics his first few years starting, he didn't exactly set the world on fire. I want to know, if you are not drafted in the first round of the draft, than you can't be a franchise QB??
What I think are the two biggest concerns are the following:

1) MM's three victories were against mediocre teams. Granted, against the Chiefs and Bills he was amazing, but the fact remains that these teams are far from great. Time will tell if we really should consider putting our future in his hands.
2) He has had a really good stretch of games before. Back in 2009, he played his final five games so well that they released Delhomme and handed Moore the keys to the franchise for 2010. What happened? He was benched for Jimmy Clausen after two weeks.

What I think are the two biggest concerns are the following:

1) MM's three victories were against mediocre teams. Granted, against the Chiefs and Bills he was amazing, but the fact remains that these teams are far from great. Time will tell if we really should consider putting our future in his hands.
2) He has had a really good stretch of games before. Back in 2009, he played his final five games so well that they released Delhomme and handed Moore the keys to the franchise for 2010. What happened? He was benched for Jimmy Clausen after two weeks.

Actually he got a consussion. Then went on IR about week 7?. He was hurt all year basically.

I'm just going off a hunch here, but Sanchez probably has the better looking feet of the two. Just sayin'....

I give junc credit, he sticks to his guns. He says the same stuff about Sanchez that he posts here over on the jets forum. Jets fans rip Sanchez and good ole nyjunc is right there to defend mark. I've been back and forth with Sanchez, let's see how he finishes this thing out. He should have a get well game vs the bills Sunday. I like what mike Lombardi said about the jets on a WEEI new England last Monday. He said the jets are a running team who lack an elite rb and have one dominant player on defense along with 10 guys who think they are dominant. Thought it was pretty funny, especially the part about the defense. He also thinks Sanchez misses soaphands Edwards.

"soaphands" Edwards had very few drops last year, he was great for us last year. I think Plax has done a good job and has given Mark the RZ target he needed but Braylon was big AND a deep threat and I think he does miss him but the biggest problem w/ the O this year has been the OL. When they play well, the O plays well and we win.

In the last 2 years....2

Saints, Packers

Did you watch those teams play defense? GB made the playoffs b/c of their defense b/c GB's O was so banged up, GB's D was 2nd in points allowed. When the O struggled in the title game the D scored and held down Chicago on the road.

NO was 6th in PA 2 years ago and they created a million turnovers that year including the one that saved the NFC title game and WON the Super Bowl.

I don't disagree w/ this post for the most part. I do think what you have done in the past counts but Mark has regressed and is playing below average right now.

here you are basically saying stats dont matter and to overlook them, meanwhile everytime you are over here defending the jets defense or sanchez or talking about how the jets rushing attack wasnt that amazing sanchez rookie year compared to this team and that team and this stat and another stat, yet now you want to say to overlook the stats and that dont mean as much

however you want to look at it, the Pats defense is not good, they are below average is the kindest thing i will say, now their secondary, that is way below average and bad, amongst missing some of their starting corners and safeties that game and had a WR playing corner..... either way that defense is lets say to be kind and in the middle, below average to mediocre at best, and what did Sanchez do against a below average to mediocre at best defense, he played and performed below average and mediocre at best, take some of the better QBs and they elevate their play against those kind of defenses, meanwhile sanchez still looked lost and could not take advantage of that situation, Fitzpatrick as a comparison who we are now seeing as a fraud and exactly who we thought he was, tore that defense and secondary apart

Fitzpatrick situation reminds me a bit of Sanchez, when the Bills were 5-2 it was a big combination of the Bills defense getting alot of turnovers and pressuring the QB, the O-Line performing well and blocking well for fitz and the running game, Fred Jackson having a career year ala thomas jones, and as we have seen recently with the Bills, their defense isnt creating turnovers anymore, their O-Line has had some injuries and cant dominate anymore, fred jackson has fell back to earth slightyl, and now looks at Fitz turnover machine deer in headlights

I just want a reason or explanation as to what sets Sanchez apart from someone like Fitz or other mediocre to below average QBs? and dont give me the 4 playoff wins, and AFC title game (losses) and O-Line or Shottenheimer, im talking about regular season and the way he is playing right now and the bad performances he frequently has and all the inconsistency he has shown

Points and points scored are not really stats, that is the goal of the game. To score and keep your opponent from scoring. The statheads will point to NE's yards allowed ranking.

The Pats D is not a top D but they are not a bottom D either.

Sanchez was great against a better Pats D on the road in the playoffs last year, he has the ability. he's in a funk right now and it's hard to have success when you are running for your life. It's not all his fault, the OL is the #1 culprit.

The Fitz situation reminds me of Matt Moore. Journeyman QB who has dome success on a bad team and makes the fans believe he is a long term answer despite never playing in a big game. mark has played, won and thrived in big games.

What sets Mark apart? this year? not much, he's not having a good year but last year? he made plays to win games and just like his rookie year he stepped up in January which many of the supposed top QBs have been unable to do.

Playing good for more than 3 games would be a start. Matt Moore was terrible last year when given the starting job from the get go. If he was a franchise QB, he'd be quarterbacking the Panthers, not Cam Newton.

You guys need to stop trying to educate Junc. I've learned my lesson. He's a lost cause. Mark Sanchez is the reason the Jets made 2 AFCCG. Not the defense, OL, and run game. And the Patriots defense isn't a heaping pile of ****. Acknowledge it and move on.

Back
Top Bottom