Ahmad Brooks reportedly fails drug test, may enter supplemental draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmad Brooks reportedly fails drug test, may enter supplemental draft

HysterikiLL

Practice Squad
Reaction score
On the front page of NFL Draft Countdown.com, they have a little snippet about Ahmad Brooks, standout LB out of Virginia

"Virginia LB Ahmad Brooks

There have been reports that Virginia LB Ahmad Brooks has failed a drug test and won't be with the team this spring. Brooks was once thought to be a future Top 5 overall pick but has seen his stock slip dramatically due to injuries and he might now be looking towards the Supplemental Draft. "

Wow.

EDIT: I don't know how old this news is, but it's the first I've heard.

We should try and pick him up in the supplimental draft

But how much would you be willing to sacrafice....we got manny for a 5th rounder and Brooks would cost more I think because more teams would be interested

Brooks will be a 1st rounder in the supplemental IMO. If the drug charges are Marijuana, they'll probably be looked at minimalistically. His injuries are a problem, so he could slip for a 2nd rounder, but I think he'll be hot.

I was thinking 3rd rounder...just because teams dont want to waste a draft pick next year on a guy with drug question marks, and injuries

Depending on how the draft goes and who we pick up before hand I might take a chance on a second pick though

It's fairly old news.

I don't think anything has been confirmed yet though.

I wouldn't spend more than a 3rd for him.

anything more than a 6th rounder for a 280 pound linebacker is too rich for my blood.

If he's in the suplemental draft, at worst Indy uses their first on him. He's top 5 talent.

HTML:
Phishstix said:
anything more than a 6th rounder for a 280 pound linebacker is too rich for my blood.
Well how about a 255 pound LB that is the fastest player on the team?

Batman13 said:
HTML:
Well how about a 255 pound LB that is the fastest player on the team?

yea, that was 3 years ago. he's a couple cheeseburgers short of 3 digits now, as boomer how much he weighed last year. he WAS a top 5 talent, but he certainly isn't even close to being one now. maybe at defensive end, but not at lb.

Back
Top Bottom