ahmad brooks v derek hagan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ahmad brooks v derek hagan

ahmad brooks or derek hagan?

• Total voters

keithjackson

junkyard dolphin
Reaction score
I would love to draft ahmad brooks in the supplemental draft, but there is discourse here as to what should we give up for him. For the sake of debate, where would he have gone in this years draft? Probably in the 2nd to 4th rounds. His talent is top ten and his issues wouldn't have dropped him lower than aj nicholson's.

We would have had to pick him in the third. SO, would you rather have Ahmad Brooks or Derek Hagan?

I think he would have been a first rounder regardless had he entered the draft. So if he was there in the third I would grab him.

Before his injuries and off the field problems, I would have said that Brooks was a Top 10 and would have been the second LB taken in the draft. However, not knowing how much the injuries and time off have taken away from his mobility and speed, I would give the edge right now to Hagan.

We already have 2 ILB's. The guy can be very good but I think Crowder will take Thomas' place when Thomas decides to call it quits. We could use a young reciever which we have in Hagan, and if the guy concentrates a little more on the "easy" catches, we could have ourselves a very good find in the 3rd round. Hagan is my pick.

Miamifin23 said:
We already have 2 ILB's. The guy can be very good but I think Crowder will take Thomas' place when Thomas decides to call it quits. We could use a young reciever which we have in Hagan, and if the guy concentrates a little more on the "easy" catches, we could have ourselves a very good find in the 3rd round. Hagan is my pick.

Couldn agree more

Hagan because he doesn't have the character and injury issues.

There's no doubt that Brooks has more pure talent, but Hagan has a better chance at playing regularly in the NFL because of his character and work ethic.

I still hope Saban gets Brooks in the supplemental draft though.

Miamifin23 said:

I doubt CC will b/c accoridng to coaches and players he is MORE comfortable at the OLB spot then the ILB spot now affter the transition he made

I take Brooks. Talent aside, isn't it more important for this team to have a possible starter at linebacker than a guy buried on the depth chart at WR.?

Back
Top Bottom