AI wants out of Philly | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AI wants out of Philly

phinman1 said:
Disagree. Note that I stated he would have to tone down his game, which I think he would do. Certainly he couldn't be the one man show he was in Philly. Think his penetration would get Dirk some easy looks? I'm telling you he would morph into whatever the Mavs wanted at this point, he has all the individual stuff, just wants a ring.

Again, he would give the Mavs some guts, something they evidently didn't have as they crumbled in the Finals last year.

Dallas wouldn't let go of Howard, but Phoenix would trade Marion AND Barbosa? Don't think so. Dallas could include Harris and Diop and some number 1's. Diop will be a nice center for a decade or so, and Harris could come into his own at the point. May seem like nothing, but these two could develop. Although I haven't thought about the matching salary aspect of this.

Dallas would be something if they had a PG that could pass the ball. Any deal with them would have to include Stackhouse and his expiring contract.

Heat will give you Antoine Walker :lol:

:jk: Im not stupid, I know there is no way that would ever happen

Perhaps Denver might be home for AI:

The Answer to Melo's woes is found in Philly
By Mark Kiszla
Denver Post Staff Columnist
DenverPost.com
Article Last Updated:

Anyone who saw Carmelo Anthony disrobe in disgust after a disturbing home loss, tossing his Nuggets jersey in the stands and removing his basketball trunks in an arena hallway, knows this 22-year-old forward needs some serious help.

What's the answer? Allen Iverson of the Philadelphia 76ers.

Less than 24 hours after Anthony threw a fit, not to mention his uniform, when Denver ignored him on the final offensive possession of a two-point loss at home, the Nuggets caught wind Thursday of a whisper that figures to have phones ringing off the hook in the offices of general managers throughout the NBA.

Iverson is back on the trade block, according to a league source, who said the Nuggets are among the teams that have been contacted to measure interest in the 31-year-old point guard.

Here we go again.

The I-love-you, I-love-you-not relationship between Iverson and the Sixers has hit another rocky patch, as a recent dust-up with Philly coach Maurice Cheeks and A.I.'s notorious dislike for practice made headlines.

Denver seriously flirted with the idea of acquiring Iverson at the trade deadline last season, and continued to express interest as the possibility of dealing A.I. was floated again during the summer, only to be disappointed when Sixers president Billy King lost his appetite for moving the toughest little man in league history.

OK. Let's keep it real, right from the start. Twice already in this calendar year, Denver was unable to convince the Sixers that trading Iverson made sense.

http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/fragments/print_article.jsp?articleId=4800661&siteId=36

Twolves would be a good spot to line up with Garnett. One problem I heard he has 2 yrs and 60mill left on his contract. OUCH.

Amars said:
Twolves would be a good spot to line up with Garnett. One problem I heard he has 2 yrs and 60mill left on his contract. OUCH.

Another reason Dallas would be a good fit. You think Cuban cares about money if it may lead to a championship? Any luxury tax probably means nothing to the guy.

As for KG, he'd look good in purple and gold. AI and Dirk vs. Kobe and KG. How sweet would that be?

phinman1 said:
Another reason Dallas would be a good fit. You think Cuban cares about money if it may lead to a championship? Any luxury tax probably means nothing to the guy.

Don't see it man. Dallas has some good guards already...Not discounting the Cuban comment, cause you are dead on...just dont think AI fits in Dallas.

Atlanta might be the best fit. Atlanta can take AI's salary without matching because ATL is under the cap. They can give up guys like Tyronn Lue and Marvin Williams and not worry about salary cap restrictions on the trade. Plus, Joe Johnson would be a nice complement because he's a 2-guard who plays somewhat like a point guard. Mike Woodson coached Iverson in Philadelphia.If there's any place that would be realistic considering Iversons contract and the type of player he is, I think Atlanta might be the perfect place.Hes not gonna wanna be a spoke.I just couldnt see it happening, and PLUS Joe Johnson is the only one I could see taking being option 2 on any team right now.

azfinfanmang said:
Don't see it man. Dallas has some good guards already...Not discounting the Cuban comment, cause you are dead on...just dont think AI fits in Dallas.

Why? You are thinking of the Philly AI, not the chance for a ring AI. As for Dallas' guards, yeah they're OK, but they are no AI. Also, those two seemed to shrink in the pressure cooker last year, AI wouldn't.

phinman1 said:
Why? You are thinking of the Philly AI, not the chance for a ring AI. As for Dallas' guards, yeah they're OK, but they are no AI. Also, those two seemed to shrink in the pressure cooker last year, AI wouldn't.

Perhaps, AI could change his game, but then he wouldnt be AI would he?

True the guards choked down the stretch last year, but aside from Jason Terry, they are all very young. I think they will be fine..

So Long AI, I loved watching you play. :(

clear.gif

phinman1 said:
Disagree. Note that I stated he would have to tone down his game, which I think he would do. Certainly he couldn't be the one man show he was in Philly. Think his penetration would get Dirk some easy looks? I'm telling you he would morph into whatever the Mavs wanted at this point, he has all the individual stuff, just wants a ring.

Again, he would give the Mavs some guts, something they evidently didn't have as they crumbled in the Finals last year.

Dallas wouldn't let go of Howard, but Phoenix would trade Marion AND Barbosa? Don't think so. Dallas could include Harris and Diop and some number 1's. Diop will be a nice center for a decade or so, and Harris could come into his own at the point. May seem like nothing, but these two could develop. Although I haven't thought about the matching salary aspect of this.

Diop and Harris? Are you serious? BTW..Dalembert is better than Diop.

As for Marion and Barbosa..that would be like trading Just Marion since AI would take all of Barbosa's potential minutes, and you gotta trade SOMETHING for SOMETHING.

Back
Top Bottom