AI wants out of Philly | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AI wants out of Philly

ChambersWI said:
Minny would not work just for Foye; they'd have to add a couple other players and draft picks (and KG has said he doesn't want the team trading away picks). Although Minny doesn't have a good record yet, this is the most talented team since KG's MVP season. If/when they make trades, it will be to get rid of guys like Hudson,Griffen, Jaric, and Hassell. To get AI, they'd have to lose someone like Ricky Davis along with Foye and more. Plus, ESPN said the Minny reports were false.

I've heard Boston for a slew of their young players, I've heard Indy for Tinsley and SJax, I've heard Sacramento (anybody but Kevin Martin), Toronto for MoPete and the rights to Roko Ukic, and I've heard Golden State for Mike Dunleavy and Ike Diogu (plus Adonle Foyle).

I also heard the interesting rumor of him going to the Spurs for a combination of players and the rights to Louis Scola.
If I'm the 6ers, there are only two guys I'm not going to trade; Iguadola and Carney. Korver is another guy I hold onto as long as possible. Isiah Thomas has stated publically that he wants CWebb on his team, and would give up anybody the 6ers wanted but a select few (Robinson,Frye,Crawford, Curry). That means the 6ers could end up getting David Lee and Mardy Collins (along with a bad contract like Jeno James), and get rid of Webber.

No thanks,besides talks havent really heated up.AI doesnt really appeal to us at all IMO.We have two all-star guards anyways,and Finley and Barry.People want to talk about the Spurs being old,wed be getting older with AI.Also the Spurs would have to give up too much,and it would be bad for team chemistry.So no way our GM makes this trade.

DonShula84 said:

it would be bad for Dallas IMO, they'd be a lot like the Nets when they first got Vince Carter. They'll look really good for awhile, and then falter. I love AI the player, but to get him, Dallas would have to give up a lot of players that are keys to their team.

One of the reasons the CWebb trade didn't work out for Philly (besides the fact he can't play in the post anymore) is the fact they gave up 3 rotation players (Thomas,Williamson, and Skinner) for CWebb and two guys who never broke the rotation (Barnes and Bradley), you add to the fact that Willie Green and Kevin Ollie weren't used much by O'Brien that year, you get stuck with trading for Rodney Rogers and having almost no bench.

The Mavs bench (while not as good as it has been in the past scoring wise) is still pretty good, and depleting it for one player won't help (but to their credit, they've got a great scout team).

The Celtics need to do something. For all the "great young talent" they have, only 3 guys are producing points; Pierce,Wally, and Gomes. Trade the young guys (and Kandi's contract) for AI, and both sides win. Celts get another star (Wally I don't really consider a star. A good scorer, but not a star), and Philly gets some good talent at needed positions (ie, anywhere but the 2/3)

Boston need to throw the house for AI. Hell give them the NE Patriots also I know philly is starving for a championship. If AI does go to Minn. That will kill the lakers chances of getting KG. If Minn wants KG to end his career with the Twolves they need to bring in AI.

Amars said:
Boston need to throw the house for AI. Hell give them the NE Patriots also I know philly is starving for a championship. I AI doesnt go to Minn. That will kill the lakers chances of getting KG. If Minn wants KG to end his career with the Twolves they need to bring in AI.

...and if they don't bring in AI,Kevin's career is over in Minny.:tongue:

Love to see KG in LA,but at what cost? Lamar is my second favorite Laker.

culpepper2chambers said:
imo the chemistry would be horrible if that happen'd

Not really.

Look at Miami who is a real scoring threat? There would be plenty of touches to go around, especially a guy like Wade who isnt a headcase and likes to get teammates involved.

Haslem could get his 7 shots a game, Iverson and Wade could put up between 20 and 30 points every game, Shaq could take a smaller role and defenses have yet another guy to try and double team.

The trade wont happen obviously, but if it did I dont think it would be a problem at all.

Alex44 said:
Not really.

Look at Miami who is a real scoring threat? There would be plenty of touches to go around, especially a guy like Wade who isnt a headcase and likes to get teammates involved.

Haslem could get his 7 shots a game, Iverson and Wade could put up between 20 and 30 points every game, Shaq could take a smaller role and defenses have yet another guy to try and double team.

The trade wont happen obviously, but if it did I dont think it would be a problem at all.
true, but like you said it wont happen

305TillIDie said:
A.I., Wade & Shaq..what a lineup that would be :eek:

send Walker, Posey, Hite, a couple of draft picks and whatever else Philly wants

:woot:

That would be sweet, too bad that won't happen.:(

Doesn't A.I. carry a very high price tag??? Not sure if the Heat would want to pay that.

Allen Iverson would be a terrible fit in Miami. Sorry, but Allen Iverson needs the ball on his hands over 30 times to be effective. That would limit the plays from Dwyane and Shaq.

PHINATIC13 said:
...and if they don't bring in AI,Kevin's career is over in Minny.:tongue:

Love to see KG in LA,but at what cost? Lamar is my second favorite Laker.

KG will be your second favorite player then. I love Odom but sometimes moves have to be made.

Practice,We Talkin About Practice.I mean we talkin about practice!-AI:D

Whoever gets him better be worried about him showing up for practice.:lol:

The rumor for boston was for Al Jefferson, Sebastian Telfair, Delone West, Theo Ratliff, and a first round pick

That would deplete boston's bench, but give them a great 1-2-3 scoring punch and allow them to keep Gerald Green. A lineup of
AI, Pierce, Wally, Gomes, Perkins is pretty straight with a bench of Rondo, Green, Powe, Allen is pretty bad but with Pierce and AI they are going to get 38 minutes a night. They just have no backcourt depth at all. They could go to playing a smaller lineup all the time having Pierce play the PF and Gomes/Perkins at C

That seems good because they could probably pick up another roll player to help and will be better then what they have. They have to take a chance and make a move.

Back
Top Bottom