AI wants out of Philly | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AI wants out of Philly

Chicago could send the expiring contracts of forwards P.J. Brown and Michael Sweetney, with guard Ben Gordon and a first-round pick to Philly for Allen Iverson. Their brass will meet today but appear unlikely to make such a move.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer

icephinfan said:
Chicago could send the expiring contracts of forwards P.J. Brown and Michael Sweetney, with guard Ben Gordon and a first-round pick to Philly for Allen Iverson. Their brass will meet today but appear unlikely to make such a move.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer
My friend from Philly told me he thinks that, THAT would be the best trade of them all.

I still think a trade to Minnesota for a Randy Foye and another player or 2, plus a draft pick would be best.

Vertical Limit said:
My friend from Philly told me he thinks that, THAT would be the best trade of them all.

I still think a trade to Minnesota for a Randy Foye and another player or 2, plus a draft pick would be best.

KG came out and said DON'T trade Foye,Smith, or McCants.

I'm still convinced that the best deal for all sides is Boston. Though how much does this have to suck for Telfair if that is the trade? Hyped up so much coming out of high school, and would be on his third team. That is why he shuld have gone to Louisville and worked on his weaknesses.

Stephen A. just said something about Stackhouse,Croshere,Devin Harris, and a first round pick for AI. That could work for philly. Cause the two expiring contracts could be traded at the deadline, and a corp of Harris/Iggy/Carney/Korver would be a nice thing for Philly to build around.

ChambersWI said:
KG came out and said DON'T trade Foye,Smith, or McCants.

I'm still convinced that the best deal for all sides is Boston. Though how much does this have to suck for Telfair if that is the trade? Hyped up so much coming out of high school, and would be on his third team. That is why he shuld have gone to Louisville and worked on his weaknesses.

Stephen A. just said something about Stackhouse,Croshere,Devin Harris, and a first round pick for AI. That could work for philly. Cause the two expiring contracts could be traded at the deadline, and a corp of Harris/Iggy/Carney/Korver would be a nice thing for Philly to build around.
I just don't see Dallas trading 2 of the players that played a huge role to get to the championship game.

Just heard from a bird:AI to Kings for Bibby and Williamson.Plus a small contract.(Douby or Garcia).Dont ask for a source,youll probably see this transpire within the next several hours.

That would suck for AI if no team wants to do a deal ....then he is stuck with Philly for the time being. :lol:

Dre3000 said:
Just heard from a bird:AI to Kings for Bibby and Williamson.Plus a small contract.(Douby or Garcia).Dont ask for a source,youll probably see this transpire within the next several hours.

I have heard about a deal involving Bibby. 1)Bibby's dad is an assistant in Philly and 2)He supposedly wants out of SacTown. The hold-up I've heard is that Philly wants a low post threat, but SacTown doesn't want to give up Miller or SAR.

I've also heard these two rumors.

AI to indy for SJax and a combo of players(Indy is tired of dealing with thugs). Or AI to Portland for Dixon, Magloire, Outlaw, and a first.

Roman529 said:
That would suck for AI if no team wants to do a deal ....then he is stuck with Philly for the time being. :lol:

he has said he wants to be a 6er for life, BUT that he thinks he's finally overstayed his welcome. He released a statement saying that the team can't get better with him on it, and that he was doing more harm than good.

Vertical Limit said:

Some reporter on ESPNEWS said that, the BULLS,Wolves and the Mavs could work out a deal.

ChambersWI said:
he has said he wants to be a 6er for life, BUT that he thinks he's finally overstayed his welcome. He released a statement saying that the team can't get better with him on it, and that he was doing more harm than good.

I have been reading all the Philly sports sites and they said one of the problems is there are few teams who would be able to give up as many players to match up with the contract that AI makes.

Unlike last year's Artest saga, when his relatively small salary ($6.8 million) gave the Pacers a myriad of options to consider, the Sixers have a limited number of proposals to sift through due to the number of players it would take, in most cases, to have salaries that add up within the range ($13.75 million to $21.5 million) of what is needed to match Iverson's salary (he makes $17.2 million this season, $19.1M in 2007-08 and $21.1M in 2008-09) for the trade to work under NBA rules.

Mark Cuban has said that he will not trade for AI, and he isn't trading Devin Harris

I heard now its down to Denver & Indiana. I really hope its not Indy, thats who I always went to see him play against. I dont want to see him play for them and please I dont want Steven jackson to be a Sixer.

Back
Top Bottom