Aikman A Dolphin???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aikman A Dolphin????

Phinmaster1354

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They just said Aikman was contemplating coming out of retirement. Appearantly with the help of JJ and the possibility of Norv Turner coming to Miami, Aikman might land in Miami! I say it doesn't hurt to have a high caliber veteran. I think he still has some gas left in the tank! We'll see???

I wonder if this is just talk or actually the truth??

I never liked Troy, but if he's willing to come back for about a million to help us out & we can get rid of Fiedler's ass I'll be happy. Lucas & maybe even McNown will see a fair amount of time next year.

Okay, don't laugh but...

I don't think he would have done us too much better this season.Our lack of an offensive line would have killed him.At least Feidler is more moble (avoiding sacks),and less concussion prone.
I'm not trying to defend Feidler here, but a less moble QB would have given up more sacks, possibly as many INT's, and most likely some fumbles along the way.

This is trully a big possability. He said he wants to play under norv's offense. Norv might be in Miami next year, hmm. Dave coached Dallas where Troy won all thoose super bowls, hmm. If we could improve our o-line i would love this. Think about it, we would finnaly have the qb that can take advantage of all our speed at wr...hmm. Also Troy is notorius for not turning the ball over; thus not putting our high price defense in compromising circimstances...hmmm. Last what a great role model for Cade...hmm. I say all this because I lost confidence in Jay again. He just can't read defenses, he looked like a deer caught in headlights every time Buffalo blitzed. He also hangs the ball up way to much. That would have been a td to Mcknight if he put some mustard on the ball.

Why not pick up Drew Bledsoe or Trent Dilfer :confused:

I think something your failing to look at Miad is if Norv does come to Miami it would be a huge advantage to have a qb that already knows the system.

Sorry, but I am not interested in Norv Turner either, so it doesn't matter to me. I don't want Aikman in Miami. It is just my opinion.

Aikman sucked the last couple years before he got his clock cleaned...Plus, I don't want Norv Turner for personal reasons :mad:

I HATE THE DEADSKINS :yell:

I think this thread should still be alive untill Sunday at least. I can
t rule out the possability if he would take a lower salary than he is used to, his head and back are ok, and Jay sucks it up in the playoffs or leaves this offseason.

IMO is a moot point anyway. It appears as though Turner is the top candidate for the job in SD. Green who was wildly considered the front runner, said he wanted to take a year off on Wednesday then on Thursday when rumors started about Gruden's status and Mariucci in SF he said that he wanted to coach again "If it's the right job"..

Translation he has no interest in the SD job!

I for one think that Turner would have upgraded our offense. He has had success improving offenses everywhere he's gone and is an excellent QB coach. Considering that our only other alternative is Mike Shula, I'll take Turner....Shula's offense in Tampa were very run oriented which is fine if you have the horses and OL. I'm not sure we have either at this point.

As for Aikman, VA dolfan is right. NO matter who our QB is if we don't make some drastic changes no the OL we can expect the same results. Aikman behind this line this year may have been killed! The only thing that saved Fiedler was his mobility. Yes they did excell at pass blocking but Fiedler's legs saved quite a few sacks. I think we all saw the quality of the line over the past couple of games when teams brought multiple blitzers and you saw two and sometime three guys getting to the QB....Heck against Buffalo they sacked jay with a TWO man rush...TWO man rush....Falou saw the guy line up outside of him and decided to block down on nobody.

This should be a very interesting offseason! IMO who DW selects as the next OC is going to make or break his stay in Miami....

Aikman would be sent back to retirement unless our O line improved dramatically - we need a mobile QB.

Bledsoe is not going to get traded to the Fins because we cannot afford him and the Pats are in our div.

Dilfer is an UFA, but Seattle wants to keep him; and personally, I thinK Jay is just as capable given a decent O line and running game.

on the contrary

Originally posted by Dajesus
This is trully a big possability. He said he wants to play under norv's offense. Norv might be in Miami next year, hmm. Dave coached Dallas where Troy won all thoose super bowls, hmm. If we could improve our o-line i would love this. Think about it, we would finnaly have the qb that can take advantage of all our speed at wr...hmm. Also Troy is notorius for not turning the ball over; thus not putting our high price defense in compromising circimstances...hmmm. Last what a great role model for Cade...hmm. I say all this because I lost confidence in Jay again. He just can't read defenses, he looked like a deer caught in headlights every time Buffalo blitzed. He also hangs the ball up way to much. That would have been a td to Mcknight if he put some mustard on the ball.

and Aikman is one sack/hit away from looking like Ali.

I wish that all those who like Fiedler replaced would come up with a viable, finacial reasonable solution. All I heard in offseason was "oh we should get this guy and that guy"...where are they today i.e. Grbac, Green, Hasselbeck etc....

Or how about some old washed up guy: heck if you chose Aikman why not have Marino back him up.

Back
Top Bottom