AJ Feeley = Jay Fiedler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ Feeley = Jay Fiedler

After Bob Greise and then Dan Marino, two hall of fame quterbacks that we were blessed to have play for us everyone else looks like Ryan Leaf. Even though I am not a Feidler fan he did win alot of games for us. AJ has a much better arm but not the mobility that Jay had, if we can upgrade the offensive line to protect him so he does not take the beating he took last year he may develope into a decent QB. Untill then the jury is still out.

phinz_fan said:
Is it me or did we ditch one mediocre QB and spend a 2nd round pick for another equally mediocre QB? :confused: I mean Feeley wasn't even close to starting before we got him.

Sorry - I know subject has been beaten to death but with the draft approaching I've been thinking about our roster more and more and realizing what an idiot Wanny was. :fire:

I just hope Saban turns out to be smarter...

Okay, it's not April fool anymore, get off the drugs, there's a big difference, and I think you will see it this year.

Give Peyton Manning the helm of the offense we had last season and he would have sucked too. Writing Feeley off already is just plain ignorant.

Feeley was the Eagle's 3rd string QB.

That says it all. We might as well have sought out Damon Huard again and given up a 1st rounder for him.

We will never win a Superbowl with Feeley.

phinz_fan said:
Is it me or did we ditch one mediocre QB and spend a 2nd round pick for another equally mediocre QB? :confused: I mean Feeley wasn't even close to starting before we got him.

Sorry - I know subject has been beaten to death but with the draft approaching I've been thinking about our roster more and more and realizing what an idiot Wanny was. :fire:

Problem is that we still don't know about AJ...we all obviously know about JF. AJ deserves an opportunity with a better system and an offensive line that isn't offensive...We'll just have to wait and see. The answer for you is that we can't call him mediocre or great yet, one way or the other.

phinz_fan said:

yeah you showed some real solid evidence proving your point, :shakeno: Wasnt even close to starting before we got him? You mean over the #2 overall pick in the 99 draft? Yeah dam you feeley you must really suk if you cant neat out a super bowl qb, yep you proved it. :roflmao: :roflmao:

phinz_fan said:

That says it all. We might as well have sought out Damon Huard again and given up a 1st rounder for him.

Wow another brilliant post, keep it up, your on a roll.

phinz_fan said:

Is that you minus?

Rickyruns.....that is a GREAT sig. Did you do it yourself?

he backed up koy detmer for a reason.

For a reason you obviously don't understand. Feeley was 3rd on the depth chart, yes, but it was understood that he was their number 2 QB. Why???? because NFL rule states that if your 3rd Qb enters the game ( for any reason ) before the 4th qtr..... your first 2 Qbs cannot re-enter. And since Detmer has been firmly entrenched as Akers placeholder, bringing him in for kicks would eliminate McNabb, Feeley. Therefore, the eagles wisely put Detmer ahead of Feeley. Now lets say McNabb went down during a game and it was understood he would be out multiple weeks: Detmer would enter the game as the #2, but every following week, Feeley would start until McNabb was healthy. This apply's to Feeley's final year in Philly only, The year before he had never seen time on the field until he had about 5 starts and earned the unofficial #2 spot. I understand how this is not well known because the "experts" on ESPN are to busy with makeup and teleprompters to realize it. I just hate repeating it all the time.

phinz_fan said:

Just like Brett Favre was 3rd string behind Chris Miller and Billy Joe Tolliver in Atlanta in 1991. What's your point? Feeley showed progress at the end of the season and I am willing to give him a chance before saying he's a bust.

No one = anyone else.
Feeley certainly doesn't equal Jay Fiedler. Fiedler could scramble and had better pocket awareness, Feeley's arm is much stronger and accurate. Those points alone prove how different they are as quarterbacks.

Back
Top Bottom