AJ Feeley = Jay Fiedler | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ Feeley = Jay Fiedler

AirChambers84 said:
For a reason you obviously don't understand. Feeley was 3rd on the depth chart, yes, but it was understood that he was their number 2 QB. Why???? because NFL rule states that if your 3rd Qb enters the game ( for any reason ) before the 4th qtr..... your first 2 Qbs cannot re-enter. And since Detmer has been firmly entrenched as Akers placeholder, bringing him in for kicks would eliminate McNabb, Feeley. Therefore, the eagles wisely put Detmer ahead of Feeley. Now lets say McNabb went down during a game and it was understood he would be out multiple weeks: Detmer would enter the game as the #2, but every following week, Feeley would start until McNabb was healthy. This apply's to Feeley's final year in Philly only, The year before he had never seen time on the field until he had about 5 starts and earned the unofficial #2 spot. I understand how this is not well known because the "experts" on ESPN are to busy with makeup and teleprompters to realize it. I just hate repeating it all the time.

Most people who are familiar with this process dont even bother to explain it anymore. No matter how many times you spell it out for them, they bring up the "he was behind Koy Detmer on the depth chart" argument. I'll hold my judgement on Feeley midway through this upcoming season, after he takes some snaps behind a decent o-line and playing under a compitent coaching staff.

phinz_fan said:
Feeley was the Eagle's 3rd string QB.

That says it all. We might as well have sought out Damon Huard again and given up a 1st rounder for him.

We will never win a Superbowl with Feeley.

Feeley took the eagles to the playoffs without missing a beat, I think that says more. In other words, get the right players around him, he'll lead.

phinz_fan said:
We will never win a Superbowl with Feeley.

My uncle (who lives in Wisconsin and is a HUGE Packers fan said the exact same thing about Brett Favre after his first season in Green Bay. And I think he turned out OK....Just give him time man...At least one more season before you judge.

pwn3dyo said:
fiedler is better than feeley. sad, but true :shakeno:

Premature evaluation. At least Feeley has an NFL caliber arm.

MDFINFAN said:
Feeley took the eagles to the playoffs without missing a beat, I think that says more. In other words, get the right players around him, he'll lead.

Nope, I think they'd rather be stubborn and judge him when he played behind the worst O-Line in the NFL, a runningback who would not start on any other team in the league, and under a horrible coaching staff.

phinz_fan said:
Sorry - I know the subject is moot. I just feel like the guy who finally broke up with a terrible girlfriend and is getting more and more bitter by the day when looking back on the whole fiasco...what were we thinking putting up with all that!!??

Wanny just didn't treat us right...

i agree. wanny really screwed over this team in the long run.

imagine having the second round back? drafting boldin instead of moore? never giving up TWO first rounders for ricky? never giving up a third for gordon? how we handled the ogun trade.

he MESSED everything up.

My god I can't wait till this football season to finally answer some of these questions and speculations.

phinz_fan said:
Is it me or did we ditch one mediocre QB and spend a 2nd round pick for another equally mediocre QB? :confused: I mean Feeley wasn't even close to starting before we got him.

Sorry - I know subject has been beaten to death but with the draft approaching I've been thinking about our roster more and more and realizing what an idiot Wanny was. :fire:

I just hope Saban turns out to be smarter...
They aren't the same, Jay was adopted from Big Eared Donkeys, AJ wasn't.

Aquanator B1000 said:
i agree. wanny really screwed over this team in the long run.

imagine having the second round back? drafting boldin instead of moore? never giving up TWO first rounders for ricky? never giving up a third for gordon? how we handled the ogun trade.

he MESSED everything up.

Wow, hindsight at its finest.

AirChambers84 said:
For a reason you obviously don't understand. Feeley was 3rd on the depth chart, yes, but it was understood that he was their number 2 QB. Why???? because NFL rule states that if your 3rd Qb enters the game ( for any reason ) before the 4th qtr..... your first 2 Qbs cannot re-enter. And since Detmer has been firmly entrenched as Akers placeholder, bringing him in for kicks would eliminate McNabb, Feeley. Therefore, the eagles wisely put Detmer ahead of Feeley. Now lets say McNabb went down during a game and it was understood he would be out multiple weeks: Detmer would enter the game as the #2, but every following week, Feeley would start until McNabb was healthy. This apply's to Feeley's final year in Philly only, The year before he had never seen time on the field until he had about 5 starts and earned the unofficial #2 spot. I understand how this is not well known because the "experts" on ESPN are to busy with makeup and teleprompters to realize it. I just hate repeating it all the time.

You can scream this from the rooftops and people don't want to hear it...

Whether it is the leftover "Fiedler lovers" or the "Feeley haters"....they don't WANT to listen.

I know by posting I am just encouraging this thread to go on and on but I must speak my peace.

I'll repeat what has been said in this thread and 430096805860586 other times on this board.

You CAN NOT evaluate a quarterback properly when he:

A.) Was in his first year in a whole new system.
B.) Was in his first year as a starter.
C.) Was not given first team reps in training camp.
D.) Was playing behind the worst offensive line in the league...by a WIDE margin.
E.) Had NO SEMBLANCE of a running game.
F.) Had inconsistent recievers and tight ends.
F.) Had ZERO support from the head coach.
G.) Had ZERO support from the other quarterback. Fiedler was a b|tch about the whole thing from the beginning. Bringing in Frerotte will be the best thing that ever happened to Feely.
H.) Was playing for an offensive coaching staf that was being run by an idiot (Foerrster) and being subverted from within by an egomaniac (Trestman). The offensive coaching staf was a horror show...how can A.J. be properly evaluated in that enviroment?

You put Joe Montana ( NO I AM NOT COMPARING A.J. TO HIM) in the enviroment that surrounded this team last year and he would have looked bad to. At least A.J. hung in there, took his weekly a$$ kicking and came back the next week.

I think that Saban needs to bring in his own QB and not play games on whether Feeley will work out or not

SuperDuperFan said:
Feeley vs Fiedler = Played out

next topic please!
Exactly....now we get to look forward to Feeley vs. Frerotte for the next 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom