Aj Johnson #83...harrison #37 Clark #88.. Terry Fair...not Yet..buckley? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aj Johnson #83...harrison #37 Clark #88.. Terry Fair...not Yet..buckley?

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just wanted to pass along the new number changes for the above players. It was like trading BAKER and OGDEN....in...for JOHNSON and CLARK.

I want to know whats going to happen once CLARK is ready to go....here we are with all these TE's again....DRAPER too.

It has not been announced yet....but hopefully....AJ JOHNSON will be returning BOTH kickoffs and Punts this Sunday. So far..the "mighty mouse".....MINOR...is still planning on being back there on Kickoffs.

Harrison #37.....needs to at least stay on the roster for a minimum of 2 days...league rules. Hopefully....he will be handing back his hotel card to the desk clerk by 12 noon tommorrow then.

However.....the Dolphins apparently were willing to let Cb TERRY FAIR...come in and out today...without offering him a contract. There are 5 teams interested in FAIR....he had a team physical and ran some for the coaches today....but will leave to visit more teams. To put it mildly....the DOlphins have only a "FAIR" chance to sign him....lots of teams looking for this type of player.

I heard today.....that BUCKLEY will go up and re-visit his old team....and it appears that the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS have welcomed T-BUCK back to the team....if he chooses to. It does appear the Dolphins do have some interest.....but BUCKLEY is the one who....like the last time he rejected the Dolphins.....he just does not see himself playing much in the Dolphins scheme.....and he just does not seem that interested in backing up JAMAR FLETCHER....he knows that JAMAR is the guy at #3. I just think that BUCKLEY will go ahead and re-sign with the PATRIOTS...at this point. I think that he would have been here by now...if he wanted to.

I have a feeling the DOlphins will make a trade for either a CB or a LB....in the next couple of days....giving up a mid-round pick....because they have to be getting frustrated....putting in waiver claims...where they want a guy....but they are so far back...in the picket line....they really...for the most part...can't get there man.

Speaking of Lb....how about the way SPIELMAN is manipulating the roster with SCOTT GALYON in mind? He knows GALYON is injured...won't get picked up.....he doesn't have to pay GALYOn full salary....and can basically pick him back up again when GALYOn is healthy again in a few weeks. All in the blink of an eye! Off the roster...on the roster.

DCH

you ruined my trick trivia question that I meant to ask - which was who wears #83 on the Fins :rolleyes: ;)

seriously thx for the insight - I agree we desparately need another capable LB, but trading another pick when we already traded a #1 ;) and #4 that would be tough. No interested in Mike Jones ?

Personally, I do not like what is being done with Galyon. I understand why they are doing it, but come on now. Just outright release this injury-plagued guy, or keep him on the team. Let's move on already.

Ask your BRO CHRIS???? SPIELMAN He knows LB'S!!!!!!

The sad thing about it is.......... SCOTT GALYON is BETTER than DERRICK RODGERS when healthy!!!!!!! But look at the contracts!!!! I liked what I saw of him at the end of the year last season!!!

I can't agree that Galyon is as good as Rodgers. I don't think their talent level is even close.

Go to a game live bro, GALYON made tackles at the line of scrimmage NOT 4-7 yards down field!! I know RODGERS is proven but I like what I saw out of GALYON when he was healthy for a game!!!

I swear to God if you want to fly me down and prove it I would be the happiest wrong guy on earth.lol

I agree on Galyon's ability. He is not a star, by any means, but he IS that proven NFL Vet-LB that the fins desperately need. The FEW times we have seen him actually PLAY in a game, and not just on ST, he has looked pretty good.

Didn't he have double-didgit tackles in one game he started? The jills game, possibly? Anyway, the point is, that he has proven to be, at the very least, a capable backup. Obviously, his problem is just staying on the field long enough, to make plays. Actualy, just making it to the field!

I can't believe you just typed that... nt

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
The sad thing about it is.......... SCOTT GALYON is BETTER than DERRICK RODGERS when healthy!!!!!!! But look at the contracts!!!! I liked what I saw of him at the end of the year last season!!!

Now, I don't think he is as "good" as Rogers, but in my mind Derrick Rogers has been a MAJOR underachiever as a pro.

He has all this "great athletic ability", yet he makes very few big plays. I know, before someone says, "yeah, but he is not asked to make big plays in this system", phooey! (possibly the first time I have ever used that word in my life) :lol:.

It's not like he decides, when there is a chance to sack a QB, or drop a RB for a loss, "hey Wait a minute, that's not my job, I'm just a "contain" guy".

I would have like to seen us try to replace him this year, but the draft pickings were very slim at the LB position, but next year, he will most likely be a goner. Big help against the cap, as well.

I disagree with that...

... the OLB is not designed to get the tackles in this system. They are designed to keep the HB, FB and TE in check on passing routes and to provide containment for the inside ppl to make the tackles. As far as I know being the #1 passing D in the NFL puts D. Rodgers as one of the better covering OLB's in the NFL.

Tackles and Sacks get you notice and what D. Rodgers does gets you respect from the players he plays with. There is a reason he is one of the defensive team leaders.

Oliver...

Originally posted by scotgif
Now, I don't think he is as "good" as Rogers, but in my mind Derrick Rogers has been a MAJOR underachiever as a pro.

He has all this "great athletic ability", yet he makes very few big plays. I know, before someone says, "yeah, but he is not asked to make big plays in this system", phooey! (possibly the first time I have ever used that word in my life) :lol:.

It's not like he decides, when there is a chance to sack a QB, or drop a RB for a loss, "hey Wait a minute, that's not my job, I'm just a "contain" guy".

I would have like to seen us try to replace him this year, but the draft pickings were very slim at the LB position, but next year, he will most likely be a goner. Big help against the cap, as well.

Like I said, I don't want to hear this "system" crap. The guy makes very few big plays, for as much "Physical talent" as he has. Next year, adios MOFO! We need to upgrade!

Back
Top Bottom