Ajayi Out For The Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi Out For The Year

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Jay Ajayi, former Dolphin RB hurt himself during pass protection and is having surgery on his knee. He is done for the year.

Tough break for a guy on a contract year. Def gonna cost him on his next deal big time.

Sucks for him. But not on our team so whatever.

It's a matter of time until his bone on bone knees break down too. Moving on with Drake was the right move in retrospect

Maybe we can sign him in free agency for the low... I kid, I kid.

Makes the trade seem more in our favor because a lot of people on here justified it as he was traded because of Miami's worries on how long his knees would hold up, seems like they were a bit right on their assessment. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

That sucks. I know the opinion of him here isn’t always favorable, but you just don’t like seeing that happen. I hope he makes a full recovery.

That sucks. I know the opinion of him here isn’t always favorable, but you just don’t like seeing that happen. I hope he makes a full recovery.
It's running out of favor in Philly too. He was just complaining about his workload there again.

He's a free agent next year, he'll be signing a league minimum deal.

It's running out of favor in Philly too. He was just complaining about his workload there again.

He's a free agent next year, he'll be signing a league minimum deal.

Ajayi is the type of back that wants 20 carries a game. If he's getting less than that is there an issue with complaining and saying he wants more? Not as long as it's done in a respectful manner. Now perhaps he went about it the wrong way here, but we are seeing Gase treat Drake in a similar manner by not giving him a workhorse type of role. Ok, Gore is doing a fine job, but this is the second time that Gase has shied away from giving one of our backs a workhorse role. So while you need to air any grievances with respect, I can totally understand why a player might be frustrated in a limited role when they might arguably be better utilized in a greater role.

Same goes for Ajayi in Philly. His running style is more suited to 20 carries per game pounding the rock rather than being part of a 3 or 4 headed committee.

You are right that he's likely to get a nominal pay day next year, but as long as he checks out, he could be a bargain back for a team to add to their depth chart or starting role.

Back
Top Bottom