Akeem Spence To The Fins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Akeem Spence To The Fins

7th round picks are easy to add. You can trade down two spots in the 6th round next year and get one or two 7th round picks if you want to.

Once he was asked to take over for Ngata the Lions rush defense took a hit, he’s a penetrating DT.

He had problems in TB, but became a damn good player in Detroit and will come to our team and do what he does best, rush from the inside.

I'm OK with this. Our coaching staff is very familiar with the player, so they at least know something about him and aren't just trading for him based on film. A 7th round pick for a veteran player who can provide snap relief for young, developing players is absolutely not the worst trade for that asset.

People saying he's below average are missing the point. 49% of NFL players are below average. Players we have on our roster are below average. Most 7th round picks don't even make NFL rosters. If this guy plays at a 'below average' level to keep our young DTs fresh, that's fine.

Proven starting NFL DT for a 7th round pick. Really can't complain about that. Hoping that Phillips has the best year of his career. Also hoping Godchaux and Taylor improve on what they did in their rookie seasons.

Face value -- given most "undisclosed" picks are like R6-7 -- looks like a quality deal.

This is precisely where Tbum needs to be swimming -- in the economy pool!

Last edited:
More Lions trash. He should not be trading future picks. Doesn't matter if it's late round. I can't stand Tannen-bum. I would like to go one draft with all our picks.
Your reasons for hating MT make this ridiculous post. We got an experienced player for a measly 7th.

Find another reason to hate MT.

This beats the hell out of spending a draft pick on an unproven DT to go along with all of our other unproven guys in the rotation. He's coming off his best season as a pro, is only 26 years old, and we're giving up close to nothing for him.

Conditional pick to boot. Probably we pay Detroit nothing if he fails to make the opening day roster.

You all can bash me all you want. I have watched the guy play. My two buddies are TB fans and Lions fans. The guy is below average. Has also been suspended. I would rather have not traded future picks and address DT after June 1st. I fully supported this draft. Those claiming some people just want to bitch don't know Jack. Go research him. Below average in my opinion. Even for a 7th. All picks are valuable.

This is bitching for the sale of bitching. 7th round picks making an impact(or even an NFL roster) is rare to say the least. I'll take below average vs a more than likely, chance of nothing from the player drafted in the 7th Rd. I'm no fan of Tbaum, but this is silly.

Anyone who is upset with this trade is just going to be upset no matter what we do. It's like a sickness with Dolphins fans. You guys will knock absolutely everything. If we traded a 2028 7th round pick for Aaron Rodgers people would be crying about his injury last season and calling him damaged goods.

It's a ****ing 7th round pick. He's a solid 26 year old and fills our biggest area of need. Would you rather just wait until 2019 and use that 7th rounder on a DT to throw into the rotation?

Everyone can relax we keeper our 7th round pick, we sent them the one we got in the Landry trade

Back
Top Bottom