Al Froncza's First Round Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Al Froncza's First Round Mock

SnakeoilSeller

Scout Team
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted anywhere else. If so, please move. Al Froncza from eastcoastsportsnews.com is supposed to be a pretty accurate Draft Nik, but I was really surprised with who he has the Fins taking:

12. Miami Dolphins...CB Kyle Wilson (Boise State)...The Dolphins biggest needs are on the defensive side of the ball at LB and at the FS/CB positions, but a playmaker for the offense couldn't hurt either...
The Dolphins could be a landing spot for UFA Karlos Dansby to fill a need at LB, if that doesn't happen, Rolando McClain could be their target...Wilson is the pick, if they land Dansby in free-agency.
*Note - This could be a surprise landing spot for HB C.J. Spiller.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2010Draft.html

It's a trick of measurement. He tends to be accurate with his FINAL mock draft...the one that generally comes a week before the draft. I tend to doubt he'd be accurate with his early mock drafts if he does things like projects Kyle Wilson to us.

K. Wilson started the Fiesta bowl at Free Safety. He is generally considered a CB and mostly played there while at Boise St. but has all the tools and smarts to be a very effective FS. #12 still may be too high for him but the guy is a stud football player. As smart and instinctive as they come.

kyle wilsons a solid cb...i have high 2nd round grade on him...pick #12 heck no

and not over joe haden...any time

Drafting a CB in the first would be a mistake and passing on McClain for Wilson would be a even bigger mistake

This is not so bad. Kyle Wilson plays like a shutdown corner. Two biggest needs are offensive weapons for Henne, and DBs. Our defense was bad last year because DBs were exploited. I am not an optimist; show me that you can play before aI can believe. Sean Smith did nothing for me last year and neither did Wilson. I could live with the Wilson pick if we can get Bebe Thomas in the second and jimmy Graham in the third, and then get some free agents to fill ILB and/or FS.
BTW, I personally like Perrish Cox better than any other CBs.

Its not the worst mock I've seen in fairness, apart from the Fins pick.

Back
Top Bottom