Al Golden's time in Miami is running short after 58-0 loss to Clemson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Al Golden's time in Miami is running short after 58-0 loss to Clemson

NaboCane

I'm on my comma
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ort-after-58-0-loss-to-clemson-201258186.html

Dave Hyde @davehydesports
Miami AD Blake James tells me no coaching change coming after game. Called it , "disappointing," but, "We'll go and get ready to play Duke."

Blake James is infuriating.

“It’s a very passionate fan base and so when they’re not happy, they’re going to make me aware of that, and no one’s happy after a loss,” James said last week. “That starts in our locker room. Al’s not happy with a loss. Our team isn’t happy with a loss. Our leaders aren’t happy with a loss.

“A lot of people in the fan base want to continue to see this team get better. People want to see us win every week and those are the Hurricane fans. I guess I struggle to hear people say they’re Hurricane fans and don’t want to see us win. To me, that doesn’t sound like a fan, but there’s definitely a passionate group that wants to see us do well.”

What a facetious assclown. He's the Stephen Ross of the Hurricanes. I hope someone runs up and shanks him in the gut and he has to crap in a bag the rest of his privileged life.

And an accurate assessment from the outside:

Travis Haney @TravHaneyESPN
Note for Miami search: Can't afford big names. Expected to pay $2.5-3 mil. Needs better commitment to staff $$, if anything.

Hating life.

Its now past blaming it on Golden everyone knows he is a disaster even he himself. The only people that still are oblivious or just do not care are Blake James and the board.

Just fire them all

58-0 is generous . . . Clemson could of easily dropped 80+ on the Canes today. We are fortunate that Clemson's SECOND/THIRD team only outscored our FIRST team 16-0 in the second half.

What a joke. Like I've said before, Al is a solid man . . . but sticking with D'onofrio for so long just proves he isn't cut out for this business. Slowest, most undisciplined, unprepared Hurricane defense that I have EVER seen.

But Blake James is the problem now. Open up the checkbook and get a top notch coach in here. One that can take advantage and win in his own backyard on the recruiting trail, bring back the speed that Miami is known for and that is needed for ACC play and actually prepare his team against the opponent every week. I swear, we have a bunch of zombies out there on defense.

Fully expecting Blake James to make a pitch at Ken Dorsey for coach to save some money.

Davis or Cristobal could probably be had cheaply and either one is a big improvement.

Davis or Cristobal could probably be had cheaply and either one is a big improvement.

I don't know about Mario; Mario is only out for Mario. On the other hand, that may be what we need, in place of the blind loyalty of Golden to his clearly-overmatched Coordinators.

Butch Davis is just sitting there in Tampa, in an "advisory role," salivating. I think he could be had for the top end of the aforementioned scale, around $3M. The problem is, Butch will want top Coordinators and those cost bucks too. I would LOVE to see Butch back, with Dave Wannstedt as his DC. Maybe steal an up-and-comer at OC from Chip Kelly's staff. Or...dare I dream? Dennis Erickson.

On a side note, I get get a kick out of how fans always have to qualify that a bad coach "is a good man." :lol: There are few HCs in history who were out-and-out pricks, like Jim Harbaugh. They're mostly good men. Few have been good coaches, though, and that's what they should be evaluated on.

Your AD said Golden's job is safe. Face it guys. 7 wins and a bowl game he stays. The U is more about education than football these days. That said, they may not win 6 games to qualify for a bowl game. That might get him fired but you'll still have the problem of not paying for a top notch staff. It's not just the coach you need to pay to be good.

Wish I actually gave a **** anymore.

LOL Just kidding. I don't want to care about a bottom-dwelling-has-been program that isn't even looking after it's own good. Not to mention the way this college "playoff' system is set up, unless your university has at least 35k plus enrollment with a good traveling base of alumni, you're not being considered for ****.

Back
Top Bottom