**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread **** | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

Everything looks good so far. The players arrive today and begin practice tomorrow. I'll be down in Tuscaloosa some next week attending practice.

On offense they'll be getting used to a little bit of new terminology under Coach Nussmeier as McElwain moved on to take the head coaching job at Colorado St., but it's still Saban's offense.. and it's still Alabama. Pounding the rock with a stable of talented backs will still be what opponents are concerned with. This offensive line is probably one of the best we've had since Bear's teams of the 60's. Barrett Jones is one of the most intelligent and versatile offensive lineman we've ever had. He's already made All-American at 2 different positions (Right Guard and Left tackle) and will likely make it three at his 3rd different position this year as he takes over at center for William Vlachos. He's already graduated and currently working on his Masters Degree.

We lost a lot of experience at the receiver position with Darius Hanks and Marquis Maze moving on to the NFL, but didn't necessarily lose elite talent. The youngsters taking over are much more talented. Kevin Norwood dominated the Sugar Possum in the national championship game 1-on-1. We've gotten a lot of mileage out of the H-back position recently with Preston Dial, Brad Smelley, etc.... but this year whoever plays that position is going to be inexperienced.

Defensively there's going to be some growing pains in the secondary as inexperienced young players will be required to learn Saban's complex pattern-match schemes. At least one JUCO prospect will be starting at the CB position opposite Dee Milliner. Jesse Williams is bench pressing 600 pounds, running in the 4.75 range, and moving over from DE to play a little nose tackle. A lot of these kids haven't necessarily been "starters", but they've had plenty of experience in sub-packages.

The talent and depth all across the board is exceptional. Bama's backups would probably be ranked a top 25 team.

The starters and depth chart will look similar to this:

QB - A.J. McCarron / Phillip Ely / Blake Sims

RB - Eddie Lacy / T.J. Yeldon / Jalston Fowler / Dee Hart

H-back - Harrison Jones / Brent Calloway

TE - Michael Williams / Brian Vogler / Malcolm Faciane

L. Tackle - Cyrus Kouandijo / Kellen Williams / Austin Shepherd

L. Guard - Chance Warmack / Isaac Luatua / Chad Lindsay

Center - Barrett Jones / Ryan Kelly / Chad Lindsay

R. Guard - Anthony Steen / Kellen Williams / Arie Kouandijo

R. Tackle - D.J. Fluker / Austin Shepherd / Isaac Luatua

WR 1 - Kevin Norwood / Christion Jones / Amari Cooper / Danny Woodson / Chris Black

WR 2 - Kenny Bell / DeAndrew White / Marvin Shinn / Eddie Williams / Cyrus Jones

DE - Damion Square / Ed Stinson / Jeoffrey Pagan

DE - Quinton Dial / Lamichael Fanning / D.J. Pettway

NT - Jesse Williams / Brandon Ivory / Wilson Love

'Jack' Linebacker - Xzavier Dickson / Anthony Orr / Ryan Anderson

Sam Linebacker - Adrian Hubbard / Jonathan Atchison / William Ming

Will Linebacker - C.J. Mosley / Nico Johnson / Reggie Ragland

Mike Linebacker - Trey DePriest / Tana Patrick / Dillon Lee

CB - Dee Milliner / Travelle Dixon / Deion Belue / Geno Smith / Bradley Sylve

CB - John Fulton / Travelle Dixon / Deion Belue / Geno Smith / Bradley Sylve

FS - Robert Lester / Haha Clinton-Dix / Nick Perry

SS - Vinnie Sunseri / Jarrick Williams / Landon Collins

Kicker - Jeremy Shelley / Cade Foster

Punter - Cody Mandell

Long Snapper - Carson Tinker

Kick/Punt Returner - Christion Jones

Going to Baton Rouge is going to be THE game of the year.

Depth Chart -

Defense:

DE 49 Ed Stinson
8 Jeoffrey Pagan

NG 54 Jesse Williams
62 Brandon Ivory

DE 92 Damion Square
90 Quinton Dial

SAM 42 Adrian Hubbard
19 Jonathan Atchison

MIKE 33 Trey DePriest –OR- 35 Nico Johnson
18 Reggie Ragland

WILL 35 Nico Johnson –OR- 32 C.J. Mosley
11 Tana Patrick

JACK 47 Xzavier Dickson
30 Denzel Devall

CB 13 Deion Belue
24 Geno Smith

CB 28 Dee Milliner
10 John Fulton

SS 37 Robert Lester
27 Nick Perry

FS 3 Vinnie Sunseri –OR- 6 HaHa Clinton-Dix
26 Landon Collins

Offense:

LT 71 Cyrus Kouandjio
63 Kellen Williams

LG 65 Chance Warmack
78 Chad Lindsay

C 75 Barrett Jones
70 Ryan Kelly

RG 61 Anthony Steen
77 Arie Kouandjio

RT 76 D.J. Fluker
79 Austin Shepherd

TE 89 Michael Williams
84 Brian Vogler

TE/H 31 Kelly Johnson
82 Harrison Jones
21 Brent Calloway

QB 10 AJ McCarron
12 Phillip Ely

RB 42 Eddie Lacy
45 Jalston Fowler –OR- 4 T.J. Yeldon
1 Dee Hart

WR(X) 2 DeAndrew White
9 Amari Cooper
80 Marvin Shinn

WR(Z) 83 Kevin Norwood
7 Kenny Bell

WR(H) 22 Christion Jones
8 Cyrus Jones

Special Teams:

PK 5 Jeremy Shelley – OR- 43 Cade Foster

KO 43 Cade Foster

HOLD 10 AJ McCarron
3 Vinnie Sunseri

P 29 Cody Mandell
5 Jeremy Shelley

SN 51 Carson Tinker
31 Kelly Johnson

PR 22 Christion Jones
1 Dee Hart

KOR 22 Christion Jones
28 Dee Milliner
1 Dee Hart
83 Kevin Norwood

The interesting aspect here is that walk-on Kelly Johnson has won the starting H-back position. Great job by this kid. He mainly only played on kick coverages last year.

74739862JPG-1.jpg

It should be illegal to televise what Alabama is doing to Michigan right now. That's all.

I text that assclown JCane last night and told him to load up on Bama at -14. He said he had already bet Michigan at +14.

SMDH.

LMAO Nick Saban is the greatest.

That halftime interview was classic Saban......

Heather Cox asks him about "running back by committee".

Saban - "I dont think its running back by committee. I just think its a lot of great players getting an opportunity to play and I dont see anything wrong with that". :lol:

Saban haters are fools. One of my favorite things about Saban is how he HAMMERS on stupid, overused, bull**** cliches.

I text that assclown JCane last night and told him to load up on Bama at -14. He said he had already bet Michigan at +14.

SMDH.

LMAO. Same guy that claims to know so much about football. Has he been ASLEEP for the last SIX YEARS????

Lets see..... Big 10 team vs. SEC powerhouse. :ponder: Wonder what will happen? Is there any history to go on? :err:

Jesus Christ that beat down was so bad I had to sit in a tub of ice afterwards.

I still have Michigan making a run at the B1G title. You have to keep in mind that going up against Bama or LSU isn't an accurate measuring stick for where your team is in terms of their own conference outlook.

You can still win your conference and be a top 5-10 team and get blown out of the stadium by Bama or LSU. It's just an entirely different level of football that isn't easy to match.

Back
Top Bottom