**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread **** | Page 57 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

Yeah, I wasn't happy about that quote when I heard it. Although Dez is very talented.

He's very talented. My question would be, what DB's at Bama has he seen play...because none of em have played yet except safety Deionte Thompson.

Last edited:
He's very talented. My question would be, what DB's at Bama has he seen play...because none of em have played yet except safety Deionte Thompson.
He probably hasn't even seen Thompson yet. I don't know that they've watched any film on you guys yet.

He probably hasn't even seen Thompson yet. I don't know that they've watched any film on you guys yet.

Have you heard anything on where Jeremy Smith transferred to? I know he was looking at Bama and LSU at one point, but I don't think we had room for him. It's almost like he just vanished into thin air.

Have you heard anything on where Jeremy Smith transferred to? I know he was looking at Bama and LSU at one point, but I don't think we had room for him. It's almost like he just vanished into thin air.
There has been nothing in the local news here, which is odd. They announced his transfer and usually they do a follow up story about where the player lands that transfers out (both for football and basketball) but I haven't heard a peep since December on him. Your question peaked my interest too, so I Tweeted a question to one of our local sports talk radio guys to see if he knows. I'll let you know if he answers me and what he says.

There has been nothing in the local news here, which is odd. They announced his transfer and usually they do a follow up story about where the player lands that transfers out (both for football and basketball) but I haven't heard a peep since December on him. Your question peaked my interest too, so I Tweeted a question to one of our local sports talk radio guys to see if he knows. I'll let you know if he answers me and what he says.

Thanks Lou. Kid has some NFL talent in my opinion. I was looking for him to potentially enter the Supplemental Draft if the transfer route didn't work out. But he just disappeared.

We may have every collegiate sports writer in the country on the case soon - The Mystery of the Missing Running Back (cue X-files music)

Thanks Lou. Kid has some NFL talent in my opinion. I was looking for him to potentially enter the Supplemental Draft if the transfer route didn't work out. But he just disappeared.

We may have every collegiate sports writer in the country on the case soon - The Mystery of the Missing Running Back (cue X-files music)
First radio guy didn't reply so I tried a different one. He's more in the know anyway. Looks like he hasn't found a landing place yet. That's pretty crazy, not sure what's going on there...

First radio guy didn't reply so I tried a different one. He's more in the know anyway. Looks like he hasn't found a landing place yet. That's pretty crazy, not sure what's going on there...

Excellent thanks Lou.

From the sound of it, if he has found a landing spot he's sitting out this year to comply with transfer rules and just keeping quiet. If he hasn't found a landing spot yet, he's already missed all of spring practices and teams are into fall camp now. Maybe he'll show up somewhere next year.

In other words, we still have no idea of his whereabouts, intentions - or where he was last seen... (X-files music)

Excellent thanks Lou.

From the sound of it, if he has found a landing spot he's sitting out this year to comply with transfer rules and just keeping quiet. If he hasn't found a landing spot yet, he's already missed all of spring practices and teams are into fall camp now. Maybe he'll show up somewhere next year.

In other words, we still have no idea of his whereabouts, intentions - or where he was last seen... (X-files music)
He's a grad transfer, so he doesn't have to sit out. (X-files music intensifies)

He's a grad transfer, so he doesn't have to sit out. (X-files music intensifies)

I don't want to alarm anybody, but -

Jeremy Smith touched the ball a total of 144 times during his career at Louisville. The 144th episode of X-files was titled "Rush"...

Not only that, the episode earned an 11 share.....the exact number of rushing TD's Smith had during his time as a Cardinal.

I think we may want to stop digging here Lou.

Damnit Bobby.

How does Nick usually handle talk like this? Is he a "business as usual, who cares" type or is this bulletin board material?

Damnit Bobby.

How does Nick usually handle talk like this?

Might have to ask Vanderbilt about that...

Screen_Shot_2017-09-26_at_1.08.38_PM.jpg

Might have to ask Vanderbilt about that...

Screen_Shot_2017-09-26_at_1.08.38_PM.jpg
What did Vandy do?

Edit: nevermind I found what Vandy said. Sports radio guys up here are blowing it off like Bama doesn't really care what is said. I feel that is an "incorrect assessment".

Last edited:
What did Vandy do?

Edit: nevermind I found what Vandy said. Sports radio guys up here are blowing it off like Bama doesn't really care what is said. I feel that is an "incorrect assessment".

Truth be told Lou, it usually doesn't work out well when the other team talks. Unfortunately - the time eventually comes when you have to actually meet these guys on the field. I don't understand why anyone would ever want to try to give Saban and Alabama any extra motivation.

I wondered if L'ville would be able to keep quiet and maybe slip into the stadium against Bama a little under the radar. I'd say there's little chance of that happening anymore.

By the way - do you have a prediction for the game Lou? Secondly, do you feel like your Cards are a top 25 team this year? Can they make it to Charlotte? Will they make it to a bowl game?

Last edited:
By the way - do you have a prediction for the game Lou? Secondly, do you feel like your Cards are a top 25 team this year? Can they make it to Charlotte? Will they make it to a bowl game?
The only prediction I have is we're going to get beat. Basically we're sending a red-shirt sophomore QB out there for his first start against Alabama. We're breaking in a new DC. He'll undoubtedly be better the Peter Sirmon, who was an absolute disaster last year but how much better remains to be seen. The OL will be the best Bobby 2.0 has had since his return. I'm interested to see how much Mekhi Becton has progressed and how he does against Bama's dancing bears on the DL. The media is pointing at Bama's inexperienced secondary. And they should. I think there's meat on the bone there for us and our WRs. Can our OL and Jawon Pass play well enough to exploit it? I don't know. Will it really matter? Nah. Us running the football? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ultimately if your guys don't send any of ours to the hospital, I'll take that and move on. If we can somehow beat the spread (I think it's around 25 points right now), then I might be a little bit happy and then move on.

No, I don't think they're a top 25 team right now, but I think they have the potential to be by season's end. If Pass progresses, I think the offense can be lethal. Who knows with the defense. They'll go bowling at the end of the season, but they won't be in Charlotte unless something catastrophic happens to Clemson and FSU doesn't figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom