**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread **** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

Hey..Ted.. whats up?
I'm still not happy with our defense and some of our tackling.
I'm hoping some of our pass rush problems are just,that Nick and Kirby are going
vanilla right now to bring out some surprises for Mr. Mallett next week.
What do you think?
Oh yea...Clemson is a bunch of chokers.

This defense isn't as good as last year's.... Hell, this defense isn't as good as the one 2 years ago...

Inexperience is the main reason.... but this is the smallest on the defensive line Bama has been under Saban yet... Cody was a mountain, but Deaderick and Lorenzo Washington were both huge lineman also...

We're not as stout at the POA as we have been... and Hightower just doesn't have quite the speed or range of McClain... the linebackers aren't getting to the perimeter as fast as we used to...

Dareus is going to go a long ways towards improving the pass rush... he was literally unblockable yesterday unless he was double teamed... but the other guys up front just aren't getting the penetration to previous year's standards... they either stalemate or get moved off the line...

Kirby has been bringing safety blitzes with Barron in order to create a little pressure... but we haven't seen the overload blitzes yet that were so effective with Arenas blitzing off the corner.. they're saving those packages for SEC play... Mallet is going to see things next week that Bama hasn't shown yet... but I've also noticed that Mallet is a different QB than he was last year... he's identifying the blitzes now and checking out of bad plays.. he did it with regularity yesterday against Grantham's 3-4 defense... it's going to be a great matchup...

Bama's tackling isn't quite up to past standards this year.. but those are incredibly high standards, and that's something that Saban keeps preaching to these kids.... but we're the best tackling defense in college football outside of Nebraska's... when I break down film of ALL these other games, one thing stands out for me above all....

.. nobody can tackle anymore.. I don't know what's happened... it's like it's not being coached properly due to trying to stay on top of all these spread offenses...

Hey Ted...Have you seen or read anything about this book coming out "A Lynch Mob Mentality"
The judge in the Ronnie Cottrell case wote it.
Seems Ark. in addition to Tenn. has their hands dirty flapping that lip against Bama.
Seems odd it coming out now..right before the Bama-Ark. game.

just curious

I have a football signed by
julio jones
trent richardson
dre kirkpatrick
marquis Maze
star jackson

Also have a helmet signed by
eddie lacy rb
michael williams TE
kenny bell Wr
Michael Bowman Wr
Josh Chapman DT
Undra Billingsley DE
Marcell Dareus DE
Jerrell Harris LB
Phelon Jones DB
Demarcus Milliner DB
Tana Patrick LB
Phillip Sims QB
Damion Square DE
Courtney Upshaw LB
Cory Grant RB
Keiwone Malone Wr
Dequan Menzie DB
Nick Perry DB
DeAndrew White WR
Darius Hank WR
CJ Mosley LB
BJ Scott DB

wonder what these too things are worth
anyone have any ideas?
of and a signed football from Coach Saban

Wow...talk about freaking out....
I think our young secondary grew up a little bit.

Gutsy win by your guys today. See you next week.

Thanks CO...
Hey what did you think about,at the end of the game,Nick going for it on 4th and inches to put it away?
Would you have done that or punted?

Thanks CO...
Hey what did you think about,at the end of the game,Nick going for it on 4th and inches to put it away?
Would you have done that or punted?
I would have definitely punted the ball just to be safe. Just too much at stake there. If you don't get it, then the other team has a great shot at taking the game. A punt takes some time off the clock and even a touchback there is just fine. That said, with the way Bama gashed Arky on the ground all day long, you can't blame Nick for going for it. Even though it was McElroy getting the 1st, the line got him enough push for it. Good call.

OK ...I'm just about over sulking about the lose to the Jets.
Time to get ready for Gator week.

Good win last night over real good team that,to me has coaching problems on the offensive side of the ball.

And Bama still hasn't allowed a 2nd half touchdown this season.... the freshman and young players are starting to get acclimated and react rather than think... We have young studs everywhere...

Saban is in complete control of the Alabama program... he reamed the little punter's *** on the sidelines last night, he proceeded to go out there and punt a ball that died at the 1 yardline like a sack of flour...

GMac has to start sliding or he's going to be a spectator real soon... on the other hand, his leadership and toughness doesn't go unnoticed with teammates... prior to the game his comments were "If they're going to beat me, they're going to have to kill me"... That's great and all Greg, but you don't have anything to prove... play smarter when the opportunity to slide or get down presents itself.

BTW... BDS is L-O-U-D...

Roll Tide..

Next up...the "Ol" ball coach....

Back
Top Bottom