**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread **** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

Hey Ted. Have you seen that Australian kid,JUCO #1 Jesse Williams...6'4 340 and can move?
Our newest commit.

Not buying the "Saban screwed us" angle. If anything he did us a favor.

I'll defend Nick Saban to the death. I'm not a big Alabama fan but I'll roll with the Tide so long as he's there much like I did with LSU when he was there.

Alabama - 11.5 is a MUST play this weekend I think. JCane loaded up this past weekend. 4 for 4 on BIG plays. I took Utah straight up over Pittsburgh. LSU - 4.5 that I got VERY early well before the suspensions. Michigan over UCONN against the spread. And I took Boise State outright last night.

Penn State with a Freshman QB coming into Bryant-Denny against a Saban led defense is TROUBLE. They will be after that kid all night long. JoePa is out of his league against Nick Saban I think. Love JoePa and have a lot of respect for the man but I question how much he's really doing for the program these days.

As far as Alabama playing for a national title again, I just don't see it. That schedule is BRUTAL. Six games I believe where Alabama is playing a team coming off a bye. That is disaster waiting to happen. Fresh teams with two weeks to prepare for Alabama and you're bound to drop a game or two. If it weren't for the schedule I could see Alabama repeating because they're returning a lot and they're very talented at every skill position out there.

PLEASE BEAT OHIO STATE....I'm really pulling for you guys.
P.S. Beat the hell out of VT also, for looking so crappy last night and causing all this ruckus.

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE BEAT OHIO STATE....I'm really pulling for you guys.
P.S. Beat the hell out of VT also, for looking so crappy last night and causing all this ruckus.

Exactly... this is all VT's fault to begin with....

What's going to make it worse is when VT goes on to spank everyone in the ACC like they usually do and end up ACC Champions with their only loss coming to Boise... it's only going to add more fuel to this runaway joke of a freight train that has become the Smurf Hype Machine...

Hey Ted. Have you seen that Australian kid,JUCO #1 Jesse Williams...6'4 340 and can move?
Our newest commit.

Yes I have... I was listening to Cecil Hurt and some other guys talking about him last week in fact...

Tough for me to feel confident about beating Ohio State. I posted some stuff in the Boise State - Virginia Tech predictions thread and some stuff in the 'Canes Official thread about our matchup problems and what's going on in practice.

Last night's game is irrelevant in my opinion. I don't care if Boise State runs the table. There's no way they get in over a 1 loss SEC or Big 10 school. I feel like either Nebraska, Texas or Oklahoma HAS to go undefeated. If Alabama manages to only drop one game or Ohio State drops only one, those two will get the benefit of the doubt over an undefeated Boise team. The only thing that bothers me about last night's game is that IF we beat Ohio State on Saturday then Virginia Tech's loss hurts our strength of schedule. Same for North Carolina.

One positive about this weekend, the Hurricanes typically play VERY well early in the season. Everyone is healthy so it's not out of the realm of possibility that we do this. But even still, I fear Shannon will blow a couple later in the season against some scrub *** team like Clemson. That's his MO. My flight leaves for Cleveland Friday morning. Stopping by the NFL Hall of Fame Friday afternoon before making the drive out to Columbus. Can't wait to post some pics of Marino, etc.

Different week, may be the same 48-3 score. A true freshman QB on the road vs. a saban defense?? Not even fair for the kid.

Been fun guys..check you out later...Sons Of Anarchy is about to come on.
My favorite show..3rd season premiere.

I thought Mississippi St. looked good yesterday too.. real good... Chad Bumphis and Leon Berry are as talented as any 2 receivers in the conference outside of Julio and A.J. Green.... and with McPhee and K.J. Wright on defense, they are a formidable opponent now that Mullen is getting his offense installed...
I've been saying this for months now (and getting chastised for it by the rest of the Gator Faithful all along the way) but I am fully prepared for MSU to come in to BHG and kick our *** this year. It is the classic "Gator Trap" game that we've found a way to blow for nearly every last one of the past 13 seasons. And they do look good. It's always a team from the SEC West. It's always an underdog. Whether it's at home or on the road doesn't matter and they've done it do us before.

The last time we ever played on a Thursday night, they beat the **** out of us in Starkville in '92. I called it in 2000, and they delivered with vengeance (only to have us answer them with a 52-0 beating the next season). In 2004, they drove the final nail in Ron Zook's UF coffin, and I didn't even watch. Never did.

I've been saying this for months now (and getting chastised for it by the rest of the Gator Faithful all along the way) but I am fully prepared for MSU to come in to BHG and kick our *** this year. It is the classic "Gator Trap" game that we've found a way to blow for nearly every last one of the past 13 seasons. And they do look good. It's always a team from the SEC West. It's always an underdog. Whether it's at home or on the road doesn't matter and they've done it do us before.

The last time we ever played on a Thursday night, they beat the **** out of us in Starkville in '92. I called it in 2000, and they delivered with vengeance (only to have us answer them with a 52-0 beating the next season). In 2004, they drove the final nail in Ron Zook's UF coffin, and I didn't even watch. Never did.

I remember all of them well... especially the 2000 game.. That was when Spurrier's teams could always score, but couldn't stop a thimble from rolling uphill defensively... I believe Florida was #2 or 3 in the country and State was unranked... but I really liked the Dicenzo Miller kid as prospect at running back... he lit the Crocs up that day...

Florida seems to have trouble with Miss. St. especially in Starkville...

If they beat Auburn this weekend... that's going to put everyone in the SEC on notice...

I remember all of them well... especially the 2000 game.. That was when Spurrier's teams could always score, but couldn't stop a thimble from rolling uphill defensively... I believe Florida was #2 or 3 in the country and State was unranked... but I really liked the Dicenzo Miller kid as prospect at running back... he lit the Crocs up that day...

If they beat Auburn this weekend... that's going to put everyone in the SEC on notice...

See..it's games like this, a Boise State doesn't have to worry about...rough,hard physical rivalry games,
then turn around get ready for another one 6 days later....it's brutal at times.
At anytime a Ole Miss,Miss State, or a S.Carolina can pop up and bite you in the ***.
South Carolina could go 10-2 or better with Boise State's schedule.

I still remember Spurrier's damn voluntary safety that he had Grossman take in 2000 on 3rd and 57 after two bad snaps that put us down by 10 points because he simply didn't trust his defense.

It isn't just MSU, it's the entire SEC West. 1998 was the last season that did not feature a UF loss to a team from the West. That 12-year span includes losses to every team from the West except for poor Arkansas who still hasn't beaten us since they joined the conference. And we didn't even win the SEC in '98. That was a shame too, because that team was good. I was at the Orange Bowl that night. We kicked the crap outta McNabb and Syracuse. Lost close/controversial games to the two teams who played for the title that year (UT-FSU).

Papa Joe praising the Tide...

http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=247404

Paterno is such a class act... He's the last of his kind that guys like myself and Namor grew up on... back when coaching was a gentlemen's game.

I guarantee you he's sending a different message to his team behind closed doors... he knows how to coach his boys up while buttering up the opponent (one of Bear's old tricks)..

I'll be there in BDS for this one boys.... I wouldn't miss it for anything..

BTW... that -10 line has moved to -12... wouldn't be surprised to see it reach 2 TD's by kickoff Saturday...

Back
Top Bottom