**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread **** | Page 60 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

Coming home tonight and stuck in traffic as the expressway is being torn up, I heard Nick Saban interviewed on the late night radio. He actually begged the press pool to write negative stories about his team.

That team looks so dominant right now that I think he was serious.

Today's game was the first real chance I've gotten to watch Bama at length.

Sweet Jesus am I glad we don't have a shot at the East. I want nothing to do with that team. 4 games in and Surtain's kid is already a monster.

Geaux Tigers

To the Bama fan that posted earlier...I’m giving you an e-middle finger.
Stil the same corn dogs...ready to see u guys ,in Baton Rogue...our home away from home..

Just give us the title,and go ahead and hand Tua the Hiesman...

Just give us the title,and go ahead and hand Tua the Hiesman...

Tua is pretty much a lock for Heisman Trophy.

Only thing I'm a little concerned about is the intensity level against Miss. St. Saturday - it's always a let down game for Bama after LSU. Secondly, everybody is always beat up and hurt after LSU. Miss. St. is usually one of those games that's closer than it should be. That defense is talented and salty.

Fortunately, it's in Tuscaloosa and they still have Nick Fitzgerald trying to throw forward passes.

Alabama trying to neutralize Sweat by running right at him. Saban is no dummy.

Tua didn’t look so hot as a pro prospect against Mississippi state

Tua didn’t look so hot as a pro prospect against Mississippi state

He had his worst game today, but he's an elite pro prospect. He's a sophomore with less than a dozen starts under his belt, and nobody looks good against that Miss St. defense. It's one of the top 3 defenses in the country along with Michigan and Bama. They intercepted Lamar Jackson 4 times last year and shut him down. They're even better this year.

Tua threw some absolute seeds out there today, particularly the TD to Irv Smith. That was a big time NFL throw.

More importantly, Tua is playing with a bad knee on his plant leg. He can't torque properly on it and it's affected his accuracy some the last few games. He's wearing a brace on it to try and provide some horizontal stability.

Josh Jacobs talked about how Miss St. was calling out the offensive plays after the first two drives. They always slanted in the right direction and put Bama in bad down and distances. Then the offensive line went to garbage after Deonte Brown got injured. State was able to get way too much pressure on Tua due to those factors. If we're giving away playcalls with tells, we have to get that fixed. Which we did finally make some adjustments on the last drive.

But anybody expecting Tua to play pitch and catch all day and run up 400 yards passing on this defense either doesn't watch college football or know what they're watching if they do. I already knew how this game was going to look.

For reference, Alabama is averaging 11.5 YPA and allowing 5.8. That is a YPPA Differential of +5.7 and the highest I have ever seen this deep into the season.

It is almost a different dimension. Alabama under Saban has statistically had far superior pass defenses to this, topped by the insane 4.3 one year, but never this type of differential and I'm not sure the defensive indications aren't lower than reality, due to lesser intensity after grabbing huge leads early.

Oklahoma averaged 11.7 YPA last season but defensively it was 7.5, which is an entirely different level of vulnerability and that showed in the second half against Georgia.

I have been warning on Canes sites all season that Alabama 2018 is a major threat to take away Miami 2001's claim to all time best college team. It will happen if Alabama is never challenged, given the Canes' two lazy games at Boston College and at Virginia Tech.

I still think Michigan vs Alabama is by far the most intriguing matchup. Ohio State and Georgia would also have enough athletes to make it interesting, at least for a while.

attachment.php

So not gonna effect Bama too much, but a lot of people involved with the Maryland football program are pushing for Mike Locksley to get the job due to his connections to the area. Yeah his time at New Mexico was awful but it'd work

For reference, Alabama is averaging 11.5 YPA and allowing 5.8. That is a YPPA Differential of +5.7 and the highest I have ever seen this deep into the season.

It is almost a different dimension. Alabama under Saban has statistically had far superior pass defenses to this, topped by the insane 4.3 one year, but never this type of differential and I'm not sure the defensive indications aren't lower than reality, due to lesser intensity after grabbing huge leads early.

Oklahoma averaged 11.7 YPA last season but defensively it was 7.5, which is an entirely different level of vulnerability and that showed in the second half against Georgia.

I have been warning on Canes sites all season that Alabama 2018 is a major threat to take away Miami 2001's claim to all time best college team. It will happen if Alabama is never challenged, given the Canes' two lazy games at Boston College and at Virginia Tech.

I still think Michigan vs Alabama is by far the most intriguing matchup. Ohio State and Georgia would also have enough athletes to make it interesting, at least for a while.

You don't feel like Clemson has a chance? I think Alabama pretty much beats anyone easily but Clemson would be the best matchup.

Am I crazy or didn't Bama have first half trouble with Citadel a few years back too? Might want to take them and their funky offense off the schedule.

uaIXtQR.png

Alabama using the Dolphin's Logo as a play call sign. What could be the call?

Back
Top Bottom