Alabama linebacker Rolando McClain said he’s NFL ready | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alabama linebacker Rolando McClain said he’s NFL ready

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Linebacker Rolando McClain became the leader of Alabama’s defense as a true freshamn.

The 20-year-old doesn’t expect his role to change once he gets to the NFL in a few months.

McClain might be young, but he’s not intimidated.

“This is something I’m used to, I’m used to being the leader on defense as a Mike linebacker,” McClain said Saturday. “The things I’ve done in college will carry over to the pros.

“I’m a leader. I had to lead seniors as a freshman. My biggest thing is wanting to win.”

McClain’s confidence stems from his size (6-3 1/3, 254) and speed (hopes to run in 4.5s March 10 at Bama’s Pro Day), combined with a high football IQ developed by Nick Saban.

“He coached in the NFL; he knows what it takes to be great,” McClain said. “Paying under coach Saban kind of gave me an advantage, especially playing in his 3-4. His 3-4 is so complicated.

“He’s one of the best defensive minds. I learned so much from him.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...inebacker-rolando-mcclain-said-hes-nfl-ready/

I'm still hoping he is our selection.

but theres just so much to digest right now, i have no clue which way we are going to go.

And I agree with him. He's a winner, he's a leader, he's a player, he's very smart. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see us take him if he fell to us. Especially with the news that our staff sees Dansby as a SOLB, which could open up the door for McClain. However, if he really does run 4.5's at his pro day, chances are he won't fall to us.

He coached in the NFL; he knows what it takes to be great,” McClain said. “Paying under coach Saban kind of gave me an advantage, especially playing in his 3-4. His 3-4 is so complicated.

:rolleyes2:

And I agree with him. He's a winner, he's a leader, he's a player, he's very smart. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see us take him if he fell to us. Especially with the news that our staff sees Dansby as a SOLB, which could open up the door for McClain.

hes only 20 years old too

He's NFL-ready but apparently he's not Combine-ready.

not sure many of the drills he would do would mean much to me anyway as an ILB. if he was OLB I would be much more concerned with his drills to showcase his explosivness. To me those broadjump, vert, to an extent the 40 and some of the other drills are much more important if your a DE or rush backer.

I don't understand the frustration from some of you guys for his not participating in the combine. Especially a guy like you CK, as much tape as you break down I would figure the combine wouldn't really show you much as far as mcclain is concerned.

I like the fact that he already has experience in a 3-4. His college career is impressive. I don't see where he couldn't come in and contribute right away.

If he has a good proday, will anybody really care he didnt' showcase at teh combine, given what he did at bama in his college career?

Back
Top Bottom