Alabama RT Jedrick Wills, Jr., going pro | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alabama RT Jedrick Wills, Jr., going pro

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
Alabama is getting one of its bookend tackles back, as left tackle Alex Leatherwood announced this week he will return for the 2020 campaign.

The Crimson Tide will not go 2-for-2.

Right tackle Jedrick Wills, Jr., announced Saturday he will enter the 2020 NFL Draft. Willis made the announcement on his Twitter account.

“As a kid from Lexington, KY- It has been a dream of mine since the first time I strapped up my pads to play in the National Football League,” he said. “After prayers and discussion with my family I have decided to forgo my senior season and declare for the 2020 NFL Draft.”

Wills appeared in 11 games as a true freshman before entering the starting roster as a sophomore. He started 28 consecutive games for the Crimson Tide.

A First Team All-SEC performer, Wills was a consensus Second Team All-American this fall.

He is widely expected to be a first round selection in this spring’s draft.

With Leatherwood and linebacker Dylan Moses already returning, Alabama is still awaiting word from (deep breath) running back Najee Harris, receivers Henry Ruggs III and Devonta Smith, safety Xavier McKinney and quarterback Tua Tagovailoa.

CollegeFootballTalk: Alabama RT Jedrick Wills, Jr., going pro
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/04/alabama-rt-jedrick-willis-jr-going-pro/

Jedrick Wills is a really good player. Watch him against Auburn. He manhandled a very good defensive front. Knocked I don't know how many DLs and Edge players to the ground during the game. And he only got better as the game went on. It was like he needed to work a lather and then suddenly he's Larry Allen. His feet got smoother, quicker, and better as the game got on.

He is strictly an RT i think. We re-signed Davis, so im not sure RT is a priority

Jedrick Wills is a really good player. Watch him against Auburn. He manhandled a very good defensive front. Knocked I don't know how many DLs and Edge players to the ground during the game. And he only got better as the game went on. It was like he needed to work a lather and then suddenly he's Larry Allen. His feet got smoother, quicker, and better as the game got on.

I remember thinking Wills was going to go over and slap Landon Dickerson for not snapping the ball on time.

Wills graded out at just over 91% this year for Alabama.

First tier, pending combine, for me are 330+ lb OTs: Mekhi Becton, Lucas Niang, Isaiah Wilson.
Second tier are 320's which is WIlls.

He is strictly an RT i think. We re-signed Davis, so im not sure RT is a priority

IMO Davis is better suited and athletic enough to play Guard, and did pretty well there last year if I remember at least significantly better than what this year was. So a pick like Willis could improve 2 spots on the line.

And like others have said could be a high value pick should Tua declare and we draft him. Having a person you know and trust covering your blindside is important for a young QB.

I like Wills a lot, even more than Leatherwood. I agree with other posters that he is RT only but picking him could improve 2 positions with one pick. If he is taken with 1-18, I would not complain. However, with Houston's win yesterday, I think Wills will be gone by the pick we got from them.

Kiper has wills his 6th rated ot. That makes more sense to me. He’s a little stiff in the upper half for my tackle liking. Arms look kinda short too

Alabama is getting one of its bookend tackles back, as left tackle Alex Leatherwood announced this week he will return for the 2020 campaign.

The Crimson Tide will not go 2-for-2.

Right tackle Jedrick Wills, Jr., announced Saturday he will enter the 2020 NFL Draft. Willis made the announcement on his Twitter account.

“As a kid from Lexington, KY- It has been a dream of mine since the first time I strapped up my pads to play in the National Football League,” he said. “After prayers and discussion with my family I have decided to forgo my senior season and declare for the 2020 NFL Draft.”

Wills appeared in 11 games as a true freshman before entering the starting roster as a sophomore. He started 28 consecutive games for the Crimson Tide.

A First Team All-SEC performer, Wills was a consensus Second Team All-American this fall.

He is widely expected to be a first round selection in this spring’s draft.

With Leatherwood and linebacker Dylan Moses already returning, Alabama is still awaiting word from (deep breath) running back Najee Harris, receivers Henry Ruggs III and Devonta Smith, safety Xavier McKinney and quarterback Tua Tagovailoa.

CollegeFootballTalk: Alabama RT Jedrick Wills, Jr., going pro
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/04/alabama-rt-jedrick-willis-jr-going-pro/

An Alabama OL I'd be interested in rolling the bones on is Deonte Brown, but I think he's a 4th year Jr. and coming out next year.

Kiper has wills his 6th rated ot. That makes more sense to me. He’s a little stiff in the upper half for my tackle liking. Arms look kinda short too
potential kick inside to guard?

Back
Top Bottom