Alabama's Ingram might be what the Dolphins are looking for | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alabama's Ingram might be what the Dolphins are looking for

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
When Alabama running back Mark Ingram grunted through each of his drills Sunday at the NFL Scouting Combine, the Dolphins were most certainly paying attention to every movement.
The Heisman Trophy winner in 2009 has become an intriguing prospect for Miami as it prepares for the draft in April, especially if a lockout keeps the team from either immediately exploring free agency or re-signing Ronnie Brown.

“We’re looking for guys that can do it all,” general manager Jeff Ireland said. “Run, catch, block, all of those things.”
Ingram might be that type of player – but the possibility of the Dolphins selecting him with their top pick (15th overall) comes with questions. Most notably, is it really necessary to spend a first-round pick on the position?

That's the first thing anyone watching him go through drills had to notice is how he COMPETES and gives 100% no matter what it is...

This is a kid who was rated only a 3-star prospect coming out of high school... I think Rivals had him somewhere around the 58th best RB prospect, and 853rd overall... How'd that work out?

I like him more and more every time I see him. I do wish he was a bit faster but hey if you make ppl miss and hit the whole like a bat out of hell that works too.

I'm all for bringing in Ingram. But I do think Ingram could be had later in the 1st round if Fins can find a trading partner. I would really like having a 2nd round pick.

Still not a big fan of drafting Ingram at #15. Less to do with Ingram and more to do with me not wanting to draft a RB in the first round. I like him and think he has the short burst to be very effective, but he's not a home run hitter which I would want to see if we were going to take a RB at #15. If we trade down into the 20's and pick up a second, then I'd be fine with that move. Otherwise, we should be figuring out how to obtain a QB if at all possible. Right now it looks like Mallet is the the guy that could be there at 15 that I would take if we clear the character/drug concerns. Locker looked better than I expected yesterday, but I just can't get over the accuracy issues that I see from a 4 year starter. Would have loved Julio Jones there but I think that shipped sailed yesterday as I think he goes top 10 but certainly doesn't make it passed the Rams at 14.

Honestly if Mallet isn't clean, I wouldn't be surprised if we take O-line at 15 (Smith, Solder, Carimi, Castonzo) as I think the best skill position players are gone if we don't move up (Gabbert, Newton, Green, Jones). At that point I would much rather trade down where Ingram or maybe Kyle Rudolph could be in play.

Ingram at 15 and select a QB in the later rounds. There's not a first round QB talent in this draft.

I dont get all of the trading down and still grabbing Ingram talk. If hes the BPA at 15, take him. Dont try to trade down because chances are he will be long gone.

I dont get all of the trading down and still grabbing Ingram talk. If hes the BPA at 15, take him. Dont try to trade down because chances are he will be long gone.

He may fall..Our needs do not equal what the value is at 15 this year..If we can trade down and get some picks I am for it.

Not a bad thing...But we do need someone who can come in and make an impact.

Yea I think drafting offensive skill players need to be a ringing theme this draft. I would be find landing a guy like Pouncey or Carimi late in the first if it means Torrey Smith with the acquired 2nd round pick. We also need to grab a RB somewhere, preferbly one with lots of speed and our eyes need to be on QB with every pick, including prior to trading down in the first.

Back
Top Bottom